Strength & Conditioning - It's a Bad Sign For The Gailey Era IF....

Re: Strength & Conditioning - It\'s a Bad Sign For The Gailey Era IF....

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
[QB]Statelinejacket and MsTA, you both are dead wrong.

The dictionary says, "dissension is disagreement that leads to discord".

Chan has not disagreed with the long time fans nor the board members on The Hive or Stingtalk.

The dissension comes from the attacks by those who disagree with the record of the season and the play of the Georgia and Fresno State games.
It is also caused by the attacks of you and the lynch mob who have set out to get rid of him.

The lynch mob is in the minority and is causing the dissension in the ranks and on the boards.
So, the truth is Gailey has not caused any of the dissension anywhere. It is the lynch mob faction out to destroy a man before he has a chance to prove himself.

Your biggest problem is you are afraid he will succeed if he has this year to prove himself. You talk with forked tongue. In one sentence you say you hope Tech wins, but you really hope Gailey fails.

There is no group causing more discord than the lynch mob.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. you usually make a good account of yourself, but on this one you have come up considerably short... Everything you say about the supposed "lynch mob" could be said about you by gailey's ardent supporters... You go on the attack of gailey's detractors as if you are one of his ardent supporters.. you aren't.. You are a fence sitter who says you want 1 more year to make a determination... Being the fair individual that you are I'm sure you will agree that the criticism of gailey's detractors should only be in direct relatinship to how avidly you support gailey...

Like I said before, youi've carved out a comfy little niche for yourself 'cause you aren't for or against gailey... yet you sit back & criticize very harshly those who think gailey isn't the man for the job... You are a very shrewd old cuss.. playing both sides against the middle... I'm calling you on it...

BeeBad, you are way off base. I am a Tech fan and as such, I try to support Tech and the coach. I don't really care who is the coach at the time. If it was O'Leary in his second year, and a faction was trying to lynch him, I would defend his position as well.

I have not provided a faction. I have provided facts proving the present coach (Coach X) should have the same opportunity as any other coach at Tech. I have provided facts proving his first year record of winning seven games equals the best ever at Tech.

I have provided facts proving his record is better in his first year than other coaches at Tech.

I have proved his first year record is equal to O'Leary's last year at GT. I have proved that the bottom dropped out of the program in O'Leary's last year. The last 13 games of the O'Leary regime and the first year of Gailey's regime have identical records 7-6, and both lost three out of their last four games.

I do not give an opinion on Gailey's chances of succeeding or failing until after the season for pure honesty. I don't know at this time and neither does anyone else. I will tell you after this season and maybe before the season is over.

My stance on the issue is well documented. If you can't find my stand on all the issues, then you need to find a book on "Reading Comprehension Skills".

If the disension had not appeared on the board by the lynch mob, I would not bring up any facts or posts to defend Tech and its coach's opportunity at a fair chance to succeed.

So, you can call me on it all you want, but I have taken the high road of truth and fairness. Those making accusations without facts to raise up a lynch mob are bringing disension to the board.

If you call my posts straddling the fence, you are in a heap of trouble making decisions in this world. I have been as straight forward as anyone can possibly be on this matter. You need to read the dictionary and redefine your understanding of words and terms.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

BeeBad, there's something to what you say. Gailey has not shown any PR genius and hasn't helped himself any in that area. OTOH I would say Bush had an easier start and had time for people to develop some confidence in him before things started going south. He also has more handlers and Clinton to draw comparisons to.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
[QB] I never said he should be FIRED I've said he is not the guy for the job. QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
confused.gif

I'm a lurker on both stingtalk and "the hive", and occaisionly post on "the hive". I read this statement, and I felt compelled to make this my first post on stingtalk.

Just want to introduce myself. I'm a Gailey supporter!!! Enough said!!!

MsTechAnalysis you say he is not the guy for the job. Looks like a he should be fired quote in disguise to me. I understand people are ticked off on how this program has performed since Gailey has come aboard, and you have your right to post your feelings. Just tired of reading the same ole crap that he is not the right one for the job, but yet is record so far would speak differently.

What I don't understand and guess I never will understand is why the Gaileyhaters won't give the guy a chance, and why the so-called long-time supporters think that Gailey is not the right guy for the job. I have just one thing to ask the long-time supporters, if you have been here soo long why does 7-6 sound so bad???? As for the Gaileyhaters basically the same thing..The guy went 7-6, and no matter how you want to spin it...it was his first year and by most Tech years a pretty good one at that. Yes I admit Gailey has somethings to overcome, but to think that these problems were not already brewing is absurd. Yes Gailey may have compounded some of these problems, but give the man a chance to correct them. I feel that he will!!! I could go on and on but I won't.

Just give the man 2 more years!!! Back to lurk mode.

statelinejacket .. you weren't caught off guard by beebad's stupid post about our SC coach reporting to braine.

why weren't you caught off guard .. because you don't have a guard up. you are in a mode where you will filter everything positive and latch on to anything negative, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

beebad makes an incredibly stupid post about our SC coach reporting to Braine and MsTA, who's filter is as twisted as yours gleefully agrees .. "yes yes, beeware i mean beebad, you seem to be aware of the facts".

beebad was actually making a reference to grade-gate and how gailey is not catching a lot of heat because he was out of the loop. therefore if the SC coach would actually be reporting to braine too, then gailey should not catch heat too. he was trying to draw a parallel and make fun of gailey and the system.

then you get all worked up and bothered because you believe that MsTA has inside knowledge and facts. let me tell you a little secret .. MsTA doesn't deal with facts .. she deals with gut feelings and emotions. right now her emotions are extremely negative.

and if you actually believe that beebad has some inside information, you are more naive and more gullible than anyone i have ever met. i am not a con artist but if you believe that, maybe even i could sell you some swamp land in florida.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
statelinejacket .. you weren't caught off guard by beebad's stupid post about our SC coach reporting to braine.

why weren't you caught off guard .. because you don't have a guard up. you are in a mode where you will filter everything positive and latch on to anything negative, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

beebad makes an incredibly stupid post about our SC coach reporting to Braine and MsTA, who's filter is as twisted as yours gleefully agrees .. "yes yes, beeware i mean beebad, you seem to be aware of the facts".

beebad was actually making a reference to grade-gate and how gailey is not catching a lot of heat because he was out of the loop. therefore if the SC coach would actually be reporting to braine too, then gailey should not catch heat too. he was trying to draw a parallel and make fun of gailey and the system.

then you get all worked up and bothered because you believe that MsTA has inside knowledge and facts. let me tell you a little secret .. MsTA doesn't deal with facts .. she deals with gut feelings and emotions. right now her emotions are extremely negative.

and if you actually believe that beebad has some inside information, you are more naive and more gullible than anyone i have ever met. i am not a con artist but if you believe that, maybe even i could sell you some swamp land in florida.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The life of Jlo.. dinner over at the homeless shelter... a quick stop at the library to use the free computers & spread some good cheer on stingtalk before heading to bed in the cardboard box under the 10th street viaduct...

damn Jlo has it that bad? that sucks .. i have enough room for her at my place. she'll make a good bunk mate plus i'll get a homeless person off the streets.

soooo beebad .. is that the extent of your inside information? that jlo sleeps under the 10th street viaduct?

LOL

damn Jlo has it that bad? that sucks .. i have enough room for her at my place. she'll make a good bunk mate plus i'll get a homeless person off the streets.

soooo beebad .. is that the extent of your inside information? that jlo sleeps under the 10th street viaduct?

LOL
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is Bellyflop posting under the name of Bellyseries from a public computer. jlo can stay with me under 10th St. What's the broth tonight, beegad?

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
[QB]BeeBad, you are way off base. I am a Tech fan and as such, I try to support Tech and the coach. I don't really care who is the coach at the time. If it was O'Leary in his second year, and a faction was trying to lynch him, I would defend his position as well.

I have not provided a faction. I have provided facts proving the present coach (Coach X) should have the same opportunity as any other coach at Tech. I have provided facts proving his first year record of winning seven games equals the best ever at Tech.

I have provided facts proving his record is better in his first year than other coaches at Tech.

I have proved his first year record is equal to O'Leary's last year at GT. I have proved that the bottom dropped out of the program in O'Leary's last year. The last 13 games of the O'Leary regime and the first year of Gailey's regime have identical records 7-6, and both lost three out of their last four games.

I do not give an opinion on Gailey's chances of succeeding or failing until after the season for pure honesty. I don't know at this time and neither does anyone else. I will tell you after this season and maybe before the season is over.

My stance on the issue is well documented. If you can't find my stand on all the issues, then you need to find a book on "Reading Comprehension Skills".

If the disension had not appeared on the board by the lynch mob, I would not bring up any facts or posts to defend Tech and its coach's opportunity at a fair chance to succeed.

So, you can call me on it all you want, but I have taken the high road of truth and fairness. Those making accusations without facts to raise up a lynch mob are bringing disension to the board.

If you call my posts straddling the fence, you are in a heap of trouble making decisions in this world. I have been as straight forward as anyone can possibly be on this matter. You need to read the dictionary and redefine your understanding of words and terms.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. an individual's reading comprehension is in direct relationship to the communicative skills of the writer... If you could tighten up your manifestoes by a couple hundred words/post I think everyone's reading comprehension of your posts would increase significantly...

Quite frankly, you need to read what you are saying 'cause you are sounding very much like a Georgia Tech version of David Koresh... You say you are a GT supporter & you say that you would support whoever is the coach at this point... But then you go into your "Ahso as God" trance, saying, " I do not give an opinion on Gailey's chances of succeeding or failing until after the season for pure honesty. I don't know at this time and neither does anyone else. I will tell you after this season and maybe before the season is over."

So in other words, the Tech coach should be supported by everyone until YOU decide that the time is such that the coach deserves criticism... YOU will let us know when that time arrives... It may be end of the season, it may be mid-season..YOU haven't decided yet... Until then, NOONE has the right to have a strong opinion that gailey will not succeed... If they don't wait until YOU give the okay, they will be tongue lashed, harassed unmercifully and called the lynch mob & other names.. YOU will observe the games as they unfold and we should all patiently await for Your signal.. YOU ARE GOD...

wannabeebad .. i don't know if ahso is god or not, probably not.

but i know for sure that you are an idiot

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ahsoisee:
[QB]BeeBad, you are way off base. I am a Tech fan and as such, I try to support Tech and the coach. I don't really care who is the coach at the time. If it was O'Leary in his second year, and a faction was trying to lynch him, I would defend his position as well.

QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. an individual's reading comprehension is in direct relationship to the communicative skills of the writer... If you could tighten up your manifestoes by a couple hundred words/post I think everyone's reading comprehension of your posts would increase significantly...

Quite frankly, you need to read what you are saying 'cause you are sounding very much like a Georgia Tech version of David Koresh... You say you are a GT supporter & you say that you would support whoever is the coach at this point... But then you go into your "Ahso as God" trance, saying, " I do not give an opinion on Gailey's chances of succeeding or failing until after the season for pure honesty. I don't know at this time and neither does anyone else. I will tell you after this season and maybe before the season is over."

So in other words, the Tech coach should be supported by everyone until YOU decide that the time is such that the coach deserves criticism... YOU will let us know when that time arrives... It may be end of the season, it may be mid-season..YOU haven't decided yet... Until then, NOONE has the right to have a strong opinion that gailey will not succeed... If they don't wait until YOU give the okay, they will be tongue lashed, harassed unmercifully and called the lynch mob & other names.. YOU will observe the games as they unfold and we should all patiently await for Your signal.. YOU ARE GOD...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Respectively Ahso I agree with Beebad's reply.

BeeBad and Statelinejacket, you are now blowing smoke. Find one article where I said anyone could not have an opinion.

There are some on the board posting things that are not facts, yet they state them as facts. I provide the facts to prove they are incorrect in those statements.

Seldom do I offer a rebuttal to a poster when they state something as their opinion.

There are posters who I have portrayed as the lynch mob who try to compare the way O'Leary coached Tech and the way Gailey coaches at Tech. They use erroneous comparisons, and I show those comparisons to be false by the records and facts.

They have stated they do not want him here and they were out to get him fired until they found out it was useless to do so.

As I said you are blowing smoke and making false statements. Find the first article I have posted telling any Tech fan how they should think about Gailey. I have stated many times that each poster has his own opinion and each opinion is equal to any other opinion.

You can not find one post where I have tried to sway one person into liking Gailey. You will find many posts where I have said Gailey or any other coach deserves the same chance to succeed at Tech.

You can not find one post where I have tried to get one person to support Gailey. Again, I have stated Gailey deserves the same chance to succeed as any other coach.

I have said, I personally support any coach at Tech along with the football team for having a fair chance at succeeding. That is my own personal support, and I could care less if you support him or not.

I said I would wait until the end of the season or maybe sooner to make my own personal opinion as to whether I think he would or would not be successful.

I think you also need a reading comprehension course.

I did say I was being honest about not giving my personal opinion on Gailey until we get into the season. I was called into question as to why I would not give my opinion now. I was being honest, I don't have an opinion now, I need this year to gather more data.

Again, you need to sharpen your reading skills.

Yes, there is a lynch mob mentality among some on this board. They do not want Gailey to have a chance to succeed. They are not willing to give him this year. Their dislike of him does not bother me one bit. It is the false statements that I reply to and provide facts to rebut those statements.

Just like your false statements in your last post, I will respond to them and show them up to be as silly and ignorant as they really are.

And I will state again, I do not know whether he will succeed or fail this year, and neither do you, whether you like it or not.

We will all have to wait and see.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
This is probably semantics, but I don't think Chan has caused anything. Braine may have with his decision to hire Chan, and the performance on the field of last year's team certianly has. Chan has to the degree you hold him responsible for those things and whether you believe they are signs of things to come or abberations based on a set of circumstances we faced last year. There was dissension the year before as well, primarily the disappointing year we had and the opening that gave some to voice their long felt issues with George. (just reporting I like George)

Let's face it there is always some dissension. But what it all comes down to normally is the won-loss record and the Ugag game. If we win most everybody will be happy with Chan, if we lose almost nobody will.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. I would agree with your post but would draw a comparison... The economy is in the tank & no WMD have been found in Iraq... yet, Bush's favorable ratings are still high on Iraq & on his overall performance... I.E., people have confidence he will get the job done in the long haul.. I attribute this to his leadership skills, personality & charisma... I attribue the way gailey has 'caused much consternation amongst fans is his lack of leadership skills, lack of personality, & lack of charisma...

Of course, as you say... wins or losses will determine...

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You're no con artist. Con artist at least appear to show some class. You on the other hand......well why waste anymore time.

Ahso.. your statistics mean very little.. Statistics can be manipulated virtually any way one wants to manipulate them...

Here's the irrefutable hole in your argument.. You say sometime next year you will render your opinion on gailey, maybe middle of the season, maybe end of the season...

Let's say we go 3-9 and you say, "that's it, i said I was going to give gailey this year.. i did and he's obviously not the man for Tech"... Someone else who still thinks gailey is the man for Tech can use statistics on you like stats that show a coach needs 5 years to get his own players in his system, for example... That person can call you a chan basher, a poor Tech fan, a pessimist, blah blah blah... I.E... Can use all the same words on YOU that you are now using on others...

So come down off the mountain and join the rest of us... Believe me, us mortals are kinda fun...

smile.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beebad, don't you think you are reading a little bit TOO much information into his post? I think his point is one that is reasonable. The FACT of the matter is you cannot judge a coach after one season. Maybe you can, i cannot. If you can judge after one season i would like to know your qualifications in making that judgement, because for MOST reasonable people as well as the ENTIRE Athletic Department feel that Gailey will be a winner here. That goes for me too.

I cannot wait to actually meet the man in person. I have had friends of mine that were doubters hear him speak and meet him in person and each on of them comes away saying the same thing, "WOW!!!" if all these people are saying the same thing about him I have to believe them. He's not a politician, he's a coach, and if he exudes THAT much charisma then that in itself is a STRONG statement about his coaching.

What really interests me is you guys who are of the "win now" mentality. Don't get me wrong, I want to win right now too, but things weren't as Peachy as you people want to believe prior to Gailey. O'Leary's last year was a big disappointment. The only reason Gailey is getting so much grief is because of the last two games of the year. I attribute most of that to the fact that we were running mostly 2nd stringers against the toughest UGA team in 20 years and the fact that we had a QB who couldn't lead. I think the kids gave up on themselves, I don't think they gave up on Gailey.

If after 2 more years of coaching, if I see a lot of the same thing I did last season, then sure, I'll support change at the head coaching level in the man's 4th SEASON! That season would be his do or die season. You're mentality is seriously flawed. It's almost like you refuse to recognize the obvious ramifications of firing a man after 1 year or two years.

Most of you wanted nothing more than to can the man after 1 year and most likely you'll say the same thing after this year. First off, it's harder to coach when you know your job is on the line. Gailey needs to feel comfortbale to do his job. Second, no 1st tier or 2nd tier coach in their right mind would want to take the GT job because of our lack of patience and tolerance. Third, no one wins with high turnover. If we're giving coaches 1 or 2 years to establish a winner then we'll never build one. Take Frank Beamer for example. Here's a guy who is one of the hottest coaches out there and he BUILT his winner. No offense, but GT never built squat.

We have had so much turnover in the coaching ranks and so many highs and lows that our alumni have gotten spoiled and now believe it takes NO TIME to build a winning program. It's this gimme gimme gimme, what have you done for me lately mentality that has really messed up a lot of programs.

i don't know why I'm even bothering replying to you though. If we went 8-4 this coming season you would probably not even be impressed. Exactly what is your expectations of Gailey this year? What EXACTLY would make you think he deserves to be the coach. Please tell me, because I in fact want to know what kind of benchmark were setting for the man. And tell me why you think we can reach those goals as well. I'm very interested to know.

BeeBad, you have proved to me over and over, and probably to most on the board, that you really don't know what you are talking about.

I have proven this with facts, and you have lost any esteem your poor ego thought it had to begin with. I know exactly what you are up to. I have crushed all of your ignorant smoke blowing tirades. You are trying to save face and find any little loop hole you can to attack me.

You think if you can win some arguments, you can regain all the losses you have incurred. Give it up, you are not smart enough to deal with me. When you become wiser, come back and debate me.

Your reading comprehension is poor, you misquote my statements at every turn, and basically, you are grasping at straws.

You cannot make facts say anything you want them to say. Facts are just that, they represent the events that have occurred. They are data written in concrete and cannot be changed.

You are trying to blow smoke on the facts presented, because these facts have destroyed any grain of validity you thought you had.

I don't know what record or circumstances it will take to swing my decision one way or the other during this year. I will have to wait and see.

One thing you can be sure of, I will not do it in a lynch mentality. I will let my feelings be known in an orderly and compassionate tone.

If you had taken my original advice and read over many of my past posts. you would know more about my reasoning abilities and my fairness in most all situations.

You refused, stating you did not have time and you had no regard for any of my past posts. So, here we stand, you know nothing of me because you cared not to find out. You are like the little boy crying in his milk, because you are embarrassed.

If mortals use your type of lynch mob mentality and useless arguments without facts, I had just as soon be left out of that category.

Go wallow in your little pig pen. If you want to converse and have esteem among the other side of the fence, clean yourself up a little and learn how to live outside the pigpen.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso.. I can say in 2 paragraphs what it takes you 3 pages to say.. You need writing comprehension

I've taken you and your little statistics & broken them down... You statistics aren't bad, it's your interpretation that is marginal... I've taken your arguments & broken them down..It was like peeling the diapers off a baby when your senses alert you that there is an odiferous load in there... One by one the layers were peeled off... now you lie there naked for all to see... I'm done... Who wants to finish the change???

MsTA, you are making false statements again. I said, I bet it was less than ten% of the fans that did not want to give Gailey another year.

Now the higest figure I saw came on the board. It said Braine stated there was about 35% upset over the situation.

It did not state if the 35% wanted Gailey to go or Braine to resign. It just stated about 35% were upset.

Now, if you can find facts or figures that state a certain percentage of fans wanted Gailey to be fired before having another year, please find the figures and post them.

Anything beyond that is mere speculation and is just blowing smoke again without facts. Just the facts maam.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mrs TA: Would you agree that if GT goes bowling this year, that CG has worked a miracle?

Consider having lost the 10 players to academics, starting and building a new QB, thin at RB and DT, and playing the 4th most difficult schedule in the land. Will a bowl invite shut off your continual negativity?

Or would you rather not commit so that no matter what our record is, you can continue to snipe at CG?

As for me and my house, we will stand with CG until the "facts" are in, not before they are in.

Back