The Diesel # 21 hating on Tech

Jon, I know you're reading this.

Look, you had three great years with us. There is no doubt that you did a lot for us. We may have been disappointed at times, but we still rooted for you and knew you would do us well. The people here were as devastated as you probably were when you were drafted so low, because we know what you're capable of.

We're angry right now because your comments do not show us in a good light. Is what you said true? It partly is. Hell, we discuss it here all the time. We know our attendance isn't great. I'm not entirely sure if you know that many other fan bases have low attendances as well at times. As some have mentioned, Miami doesn't exactly sell out by any means unless there is a huge game, and someone else also mentioned that UGA didn't sell a load of student tickets this season as well. Also look at Stanford. They're #4 in the nation and have a hell of a team, yet their fan base isn't too huge either.

The reason why though is because consistent winning is necessary, especially for us when we've lost to our biggest state rival so many times over the past 30 years, and when we have to compete with a couple of professional sport teams in our own city. For a while, we didn't have the coach. Now we do. Now we need more talent, and we're slowly getting there. However, what you are doing right now is not helping. Many recruits adore you and what you did here, as they should. When they see you bad mouthing the Institute, why would they want to come here? It simply doesn't help.

Jon, again, we all really do appreciate what you did here. We appreciate it greatly. I am very hopeful that we will have a football program very soon that sells out every game, even against FCS opponents. We're getting there, really. I also wish you the greatest of luck in the NFL, and I hope you represent us well regardless of what's been said here tonight.

Best post in the thread. I agree with this.

ncb_u_hewitt_195.jpg

Guys, this is getting out of hand. These are our players, for Christ's sake. I think we just need to drop it now before it gets worse.

Opened a can of worms.

I don't think stingtalk will ever change. And neither will other message boards for GT fans and other boards for other fans. If our players really don't understand that's what fans do then there's really not much else we can do about this.

I believe this whole "not filling the stadium" gripe is only secondary to the criticism of the team from fans after losses. I get that it would suck to read that but if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here to rant and be critical of the team. Vice versa, this also shows that the players care about what the fans say/do/post. That's great that they care but I wish they don't take it as serious as it sounds like they take it.

We're also not always critical after losses. VPI game this year comes to mind. We were very positive after that loss.

This thread is headed for success. :biggthumpup:

About what Phil said though--aren't fans supposed to have opinions about the games? Are we just supposed to cheer when we're winning and say "oh well" when things go bad? Do we really want every fan to be always-positive "everyone's a winner" Ned Flanders types? Part of being a fan is being interested in the strategy of the game and analyzing what went wrong. Part of it's being frustrated when we lose and looking for explanations. Few of us would be pretentious enough to actually think we could do a better job than the coaches. Yet coaches aren't perfect--they screw up--and so it is not unreasonable for us to criticize them sometimes. It's not an exercise in futility--ultimately the fans drive changes in coaching and direction of the program. My point is there's nothing wrong with some criticism from fans--so long as it's not too negative and directed at players.

His stock went down because he was plump and underperformed. That's why he is still on the ****ing practice squad instead of even on the team. If it was about the system then his ass would be dressing out already.

Just like I said before EastJacket; filled with ignorance and hatred. Dwyer is on the team not the practice squad, he gets a full salary. Stop reading other people rant and get the facts. For the record the roster has 53 they only dress 45. He will be there when they need him.

Phil and Jon can go **** a duck. Welcome to the wonderful world if the internets. Be careful it's serious stuff.

Just like I said before EastJacket; filled with ignorance and hatred. Dwyer is on the team not the practice squad, he gets a full salary. Stop reading other people rant and get the facts. For the record the roster has 53 they only dress 45. He will be there when they need him.

Maybe you just don't get it. He's not running the system now so whats the excuse? Isaac Redman is ahead of him, he's from Bowie State. Fact is JD went into the combine hefty, he also showed up to camp even worse and got on Tomlins **** list. It has nothing to do with scheme, its on JD.

On the note of people being mean and stupid on message boards, have you guys ever ventured onto an NFL message board? I went to check out what Eagles' fans were saying after one of Vick's games and...well, let's just say what's been seen can't be unseen. This place is actually civil and fairly knowledgeable.

This thread makes me sad.

There is something wrong with players attacking fans and vice-versa. We are all supposed to be on the same team. Nothing positive can come of this.

Why aren't there more GT fans giving me vigorous applause when I deliver a closing argument in the courtroom? You all have no idea what I go through for GT every single day.

-- In all seriousness, Mr. Smith is right. You shouldn't harp on the players. I think most of the criticism was always aimed at PJ and coaches.

someone get ahso on the phone. I need him to make sense of all of this for me. We need his moral presence.

Phil Smith It's funny how y'all take things so seriously . To all stingtalkers here, thanks for being a part of my fishing expedition :) .12 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

A.J. Smith Pats look real good tonight Gary is doing work and c'mon bro stop reading the message boards, you know haters are everywhere. We have some great fans and there are always some bad eggs in every crowd.

Back