Tim Byerly

It does hurt us if Tim's injury is season ending. However, what many of you don't know is that while Swilling was in at QB, he made all the right reads and I get this from a very reliable source. I would bet they move Mattew Jordan back to QB before they burn a redshirt.

That's good to hear about Swilling. It's also looked over by many that he was in there with the rest of the 3's and 4's. He could look just as capable as Tim when he's in there with the starters, which we have yet to see.

It's good to know that if JT gets hurt, we have a back-up that is swilling and able.

Nothing's been 'reported' yet AFAIK. Board talk from another side said 'sprain.'

Thanks for this, I'm going to assume it is the 100% truth issued by a man who is both a doctor and a lawyer, employed in both those capacities by both Byerly and Georgia Tech.

I feel much better now.

It does hurt us if Tim's injury is season ending. However, what many of you don't know is that while Swilling was in at QB, he made all the right reads and I get this from a very reliable source. I would bet they move Mattew Jordan back to QB before they burn a redshirt.

Swilling was terrible. Good reads or not.

Swilling was terrible. Good reads or not.

Can't really tell much from his time in the game. He has had hardly any reps. Not saying he is on Byerly level, but he would have to look a bit better with some practice reps and the first string around him.

Not sure why yall think we'd pull Campbell's RS because of this though. Regardless of athleticism, you think a true frosh will run an offense better than guys who have been in practice? Hopefully Martenson is healthy by ND.

CPJ said he wanted to get Jordan some reps at QB, but Swilling was doing so well he didn't want to take him out.

Interesting... tech dad, praise for Swilling, and this from Swilling's bio:
Father, Keith, played football at Furman in late 1980s

Welcome to the board, Keith :biggthumpup:

I was way too drunk by the time Brady stepped in to remember much about how it went. Hopefully I can give it a sober look this week.

Interesting... tech dad, praise for Swilling, and this from Swilling's bio:

Welcome to the board, Keith :biggthumpup:

I was way too drunk by the time Brady stepped in to remember much about how it went. Hopefully I can give it a sober look this week.

Gonna take a lot to purify him and get the Furman poison out of him.

Swilling also played behind the third and fourth string OL. He probably has gotten a handful at most of non scout team reps in his practice time. Kid his played tail off Thursday night.

But if something is wrong with Byerly, I think it's Jordan who goes to No. 2. Remember, Martenson didn't suit up Thursday night and I think he's ahead of Swilling on the depth chart. Don't know how long Martenson is out, but he has some sort of ailment, no?

Get better #18

11229573_10101456040330429_7863079886107883421_o.jpg

What is the injury status of Chase Martenson? He is the actual 3rd string QB but was out due to injury.

Back