Travis Custis

I doubt you the the extent to which Pawl fights to keep recruits.

He managed to keep Kallon and Lee despite huge pressures to decommit. He not only had to get Lee to keep his commitment, but also keep him from transferring during his first year when he wanted to. Kallon was recruited by every big-time school there is.

He's probably referring to the fact that 4 or 5 of our commits defect every January. Maybe this Jan. will be different, but if history tells us anything, it prob wont

Can you name these 16 to 20 players that have decomitted in January?

He managed to keep Kallon and Lee despite huge pressures to decommit. He not only had to get Lee to keep his commitment, but also keep him from transferring during his first year when he wanted to. Kallon was recruited by every big-time school there is.

Kallon's mom made him stick with Tech, not PJ. Just this year Nigel Bowden decomitted and went back to Vandy. PJ's response was let Vandy lose and he'll come back to us. Don't see that happening. Pawl doesnt have the mentality or personality to compete in recruiting now days. It's going to be his downfall. It's a shame because he's a good X's and O's guy.

Kallon's mom made him stick with Tech, not PJ.

If that's your argument, CPJ cannot be blamed for the Tuitt decommit. So the only remaining major decommit besides Bowden that I'm aware of is Tomlinson. The kid wanted to go to Alabama all along and was holding out for an offer--what are you going to do.

We lost Will Adams last year, but it's not like we don't have guys at OL.

Gnonkonde was a screw-up, but that doesn't have as much to do with CPJ competing for recruits.

Can you name these 16 to 20 players that have decomitted in January?

let's make it easy. He should name 4 each for last 3 January's.

439943453.jpg

If that's your argument, CPJ cannot be blamed for the Tuitt decommit. So the only remaining major decommit besides Bowden that I'm aware of is Tomlinson. The kid wanted to go to Alabama all along and was holding out for an offer--what are you going to do.

We lost Will Adams last year, but it's not like we don't have guys at OL.

Gnonkonde was a screw-up, but that doesn't have as much to do with CPJ competing for recruits.

I don't blame him for Tuitt. As far as keeping most of his recruits committed...it's not hard to keep " diamonds in the rough" committed.

I don't blame him for Tuitt. As far as keeping most of his recruits committed...it's not hard to keep " diamonds in the rough" committed.

But you said he lost 4-5 kids every January. Which is it?

So the only remaining major decommit besides Bowden that I'm aware of is Tomlinson.
I must be mis-remembering because I thought he never actually committed and waited till signing day to give us the stiff-arm instead of letting us know when he actually made up his mind.

I must be mis-remembering because I thought he never actually committed and waited till signing day to give us the stiff-arm instead of letting us know when he actually made up his mind.

You're right. I guess I'm confusing **** moves. He pulled the "pick up the GT hat and put it back down" at the hat show. Not that any of us were fooled at that point.

Carvell just tweeted that Bama is getting involved with Custis. The good...he will be bumped to a four star now, the bad...its Bama. This one may go down to signing day.

But you said he lost 4-5 kids every January. Which is it?

Re-read the thread. I'm not the one who said 4-5 per year. Usually PJ doesn't put up enough of a fight to land 4-5 ballers per year in the first place that are worth stealing.

Carvell just tweeted that Bama is getting involved with Custis. The good...he will be bumped to a four star now, the bad...its Bama. This one may go down to signing day.

So they currently have 2 high-level RBs committed as well as a high-level ATH/likely RB committed and still want our guy?

Now that I think about it one of their RB commits had a knee injury. He better start taking some visits cause his 'ship is probably about to sail.

Re-read the thread. I'm not the one who said 4-5 per year. Usually PJ doesn't put up enough of a fight to land 4-5 ballers per year in the first place that are worth stealing.

So, before it was CPJ couldn't finish the drill and guys were always leaving before signing day, now it's CPJ can't identify talent worthy of being stolen.

Make up your umlaut-ing mind, man.

So, before it was CPJ couldn't finish the drill and guys were always leaving before signing day, now it's CPJ can't identify talent worthy of being stolen.

Make up your umlaut-ing mind, man.[/

Dude listen, My point was that PJ is not going to fight for a recruit to stay. Some kids don't need a coach to fight for them to stay committed. But the ones that do won't get it from PJ.

Somebody else chimed in about 4-5 per year. I said its not that frequent because PJ's recruiting generally sucks with the exception of 2-3 players per year. When you steal as many players with mainly Sun Belt offers as PJ has your bound to lose to a Sun Belt team. Oh wait we already did.

Make up your umlaut-ing mind, man.[/

Dude listen, My point was that PJ is not going to fight for a recruit to stay. Some kids don't need a coach to fight for them to stay committed. But the ones that do won't get it from PJ.

Somebody else chimed in about 4-5 per year. I said its not that frequent because PJ's recruiting generally sucks with the exception of 2-3 players per year. When you steal as many players with mainly Sun Belt offers as PJ has your bound to lose to a Sun Belt team. Oh wait we already did.

If you want to say CPJ doesn't get enough talent, fine, you have an argument. But on the "not going to fight for a recruit to stay" - you're full of crap.

Hope not, but I doubt Pawl will fight to keep him committed. He never does.

What do you mean by fight for a recruit? Send him some naked coeds if he waivers? I think CPJ gives them the business without blowing smoke up their asses. Either you are committed our you are not.

In my book, committing to GA Tech and visiting other schools like FSU, Auburn, Alabama etc afterwards (especially if they don't have a ship open for you "yet") says to me that you are committed until something better opens up. I think CPJ would be wasting time fighting for these recruits.

There are exceptions like Francis Kallon, but I believe his situation is unique. And I am not talking about kids who are upfront with their visits. I know some kinds are actually not all about themselves and may visit a certain school so that some teammates will also get some looks.

I'm sure he'll call him, but if a recruit takes another visit, he'll pull the offer. I wouldn't consider that part fighting for him to stay.

His policy isnt cut-and-dry as you make it. It's no wonder schools use it against us. Our own friggin fans misrepsrent his policy.

His policy isnt cut-and-dry as you make it. It's no wonder schools use it against us. Our own friggin fans misrepsrent his policy.

His policy is that if you commit, you don't go on other visits. He has made an exception for a player going with his buddies when he cleared it ahead of time.

Back