Travis Custis

Carvell just tweeted that Bama is getting involved with Custis. The good...he will be bumped to a four star now, the bad...its Bama. This one may go down to signing day.

We might be ok here. We've also signed a lowly rated receiver from Lovejoy. So we may have the buddy factor working for us.

His policy is that if you commit, you don't go on other visits. He has made an exception for a player going with his buddies when he cleared it ahead of time.

Untrue. It is on a case by case basis. He has said it verbatim in like 5 different interviews.

As a general aside, this board is practically intolerable when we lose, and some of our fans are unbelievably whiny.

Untrue. It is on a case by case basis. He has said it verbatim in like 5 different interviews.

As a general aside, this board is practically intolerable when we lose, and some of our fans are unbelievably whiny.

When the case by case basis generally go the same way (pulling the offer), it is the policy that he has granted exceptions to. The default position is how I described it.

If you want to say CPJ doesn't get enough talent, fine, you have an argument. But on the "not going to fight for a recruit to stay" - you're full of crap.

Spurrier has been known to be same way in the past. He ain't chasing anybody. The difference is, Spurrier has an offense that kids want to play in and there were always other kids just as talented who wanted to play for him because he wins.

Spurrier has been known to be same way in the past. He ain't chasing anybody. The difference is, Spurrier has an offense that kids want to play in and there were always other kids just as talented who wanted to play for him because he wins.

CPJ has an offense kids want to play in. You think guys like Vad Lee and Justin Thomas couldn't play at some other BCS schools? Both those guys had their pick of several.

Show me a good loser and ill show you a loser

Show me a good loser and ill show you a loser

There are plenty of us that can follow GT without lashing out after losses, constantly denigrating our coaches and players, and whining incessantly. How about you show me a poor loser, and I'll show you someone that needs to lighten the f up.

There are plenty of us that can follow GT without lashing out after losses, constantly denigrating our coaches and players, and whining incessantly. How about you show me a poor loser, and I'll show you someone that needs to grow the f up.

T(weaked?)TFY

Carvell just tweeted that Bama is getting involved with Custis. The good...he will be bumped to a four star now, the bad...its Bama. This one may go down to signing day.

Carvell just wants someone to take him from us.

You know here is how things go on these message boards. We get a commitment from someone and a majority of posters question how good that guy is, why he is only so many stars and he does not have many other offers from big time schools, etc. etc. Then a few get to see them play a bit in high school and all of the sudden, oh that guy is too good to stick with his commitment to Tech. I just know we are going to lose him to somebody else. He's is just too good to come to Tech.

Well the reality is none of these guys are committed until they sign in February of 2013. Just because they have X number of stars or dominate at the high school level does not translate into guaranteed success at the next level. If you check the rating services they hit on less than 50% of the guys they say are a lock. I get it that Custis looks like a pretty good prospect but I can assure you that so did Charles Perkins and David Sims. All I am saying is that it's best not to count your chickens before they hatch. It's like Dennis Green said, if you want to declare them champions then crown their ass but they have not done anything yet.

I hope the kid comes to Tech and wins the Heisman trophy but I can hope in one hand and crap in the other one and see which one fills up first. I just think we all would be better on focusing on what we have and supporting them than wringing our hands over what we don't have and whining about how we probably won't be able to keep them.

Go Jackets!

You know here is how things go on these message boards. We get a commitment from someone and a majority of posters question how good that guy is, why he is only so many stars and he does not have many other offers from big time schools, etc. etc. Then a few get to see them play a bit in high school and all of the sudden, oh that guy is too good to stick with his commitment to Tech. I just know we are going to lose him to somebody else. He's is just too good to come to Tech.

Well the reality is none of these guys are committed until they sign in February of 2013. Just because they have X number of stars or dominate at the high school level does not translate into guaranteed success at the next level. If you check the rating services they hit on less than 50% of the guys they say are a lock. I get it that Custis looks like a pretty good prospect but I can assure you that so did Charles Perkins and David Sims. All I am saying is that it's best not to count your chickens before they hatch. It's like Dennis Green said, if you want to declare them champions then crown their ass but they have not done anything yet.

I hope the kid comes to Tech and wins the Heisman trophy but I can hope in one hand and crap in the other one and see which one fills up first. I just think we all would be better on focusing on what we have and supporting them than wringing our hands over what we don't have and whining about how we probably won't be able to keep them.

Go Jackets!

Preach on! !!!

Sent from a MoPho with Tapatalk

Go Jackets!

:BFD:

Actually, just kidding. Rare good post.

Go Jackets!

Finally, someone who makes some sense on this board. Enough with all the sissies running around with their stinger between their legs screaming that the sky is falling.

Go Jackets!

What is your point?

Sounds like a lot of :big cry: to me.

"Waaaah! People are excited about a player who wants to come to Tech. Waaaah! But but but sometimes players don't pan out. Waaaah! We should support our own team more! Waaaah!" :rolleyes:

Go Jackets!

Thread titled "Travis Custis". Posts: 59. Posts actually about Travis Custis: 6-10 ish.

hmmm...

Back