UF signee wont report because UF can't come up with their NIL deal

But, supposedly, UF isn't paying the salary. It is a group of UF boosters.
There is no way that University of Florida recruiters don’t tell possible recruits that there are NIL opportunities available to them if they sign with their school. The fact that the money does not technically come from the University, does not give the recruiter the right to lie to the kid.

Here we have high school kids getting $13 million deals, and there are still cheap-ass loser tards here at ST who think if would be like breaking the three minute mile for Tech to pay a coach $5 milion a year. Un ööööing believable. Buncha head in the sand delusional mother ööööers. Wake the öööö up. FBS college football is now a multibillion dollar for-profit business, and you can't play the game on a shoestring budget by pinching pennies. Either öööö or hit the bricks. If Cabrera et al. are not going to spend the money it takes to compete in FBS football in 2023, then they should stop embarrassing the institution and drop down to FCS with all the other skinflint college football programs. Or spend exactly ZERO on the football team except buying the cheapest equipment and uniforms, and arranging the cheapest travel possible, and just pocket the cash from the ACC. No paid coaches, no scholarships - nothing. Pure profit. Either one makes more sense than this ridiculous half-ass öööö.

Here we have high school kids getting $13 million deals, and there are still cheap-ass loser tards here at ST who think if would be like breaking the three minute mile for Tech to pay a coach $5 milion a year. Un ööööing believable. Buncha head in the sand delusional mother ööööers. Wake the öööö up. FBS college football is now a multibillion dollar for-profit business, and you can't play the game on a shoestring budget by pinching pennies. Either öööö or hit the bricks. If Cabrera et al. are not going to spend the money it takes to compete in FBS football in 2023, then they should stop embarrassing the institution and drop down to FCS with all the other skinflint college football programs. Or spend exactly ZERO on the football team except buying the cheapest equipment and uniforms, and arranging the cheapest travel possible, and just pocket the cash from the ACC. No paid coaches, no scholarships - nothing. Pure profit. Either one makes more sense than this ridiculous half-ass öööö.
Colorado isn't an elite school. The multi-billion industry you are yelling about is mainly the blue bloods of CFB. UGAg, Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State, Michigan....not Colorado

"We should pay more for a football coach"

Texas A&M says hello.

I don't want you to spend all your money in one place, but I bought a dozen eggs for $1m last week.

The dumb-öööö-ery here apparently has no end.

No one - at least not me - is saying that Tech should spend more money on a coach for the sake of spending more money. I have said, and continue to say, that if there is a coach you think would be more likely to produce a better product, then you absolutely cannot let paying an extra one or two million dollars prevent you from signing him, and instead settle for your third or fourth choice.

And I have to LOL at the absolute dumb öööö who spent $1 million to land himself a nice bunch of eggs, but wouldn't spend the extra one or two million to instead purchase a nice waterfront home on St. Simons Island.

The dumb-öööö-ery here apparently has no end.

No one - at least not me - is saying that Tech should spend more money on a coach for the sake of spending more money. I have said, and continue to say, that if there is a coach you think would be more likely to produce a better product, then you absolutely cannot let paying an extra one or two million dollars prevent you from signing him, and instead settle for your third or fourth choice.

And I have to LOL at the absolute dumb öööö who spent $1 million to land himself a nice bunch of eggs, but wouldn't spend the extra one or two million to instead purchase a nice waterfront home on St. Simons Island.
Should I assume you offered Cabrera and J Batt the additional $2m necessary then? Who knew you were such a prominent donor to our program!

UGA has been giving nil under the table for years. Maybe not to the players directly but to the families. I can tell of one. I might not can prove it but I can put it out there and you can decide.
Scurrilous accusations promote hate and division.

Do you want to promote hate?

So Saban tells a couple of recruits to pound sand.....
Alabama's Nick Saban rejected 2 players who were searching for $1.3 million combined in NIL money: report | Fox News

Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Norman. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

"One of them wanted $500,000 and for us to get his girlfriend into law school at Alabama and pay for it. I showed him the door," Saban reportedly said.

So Saban tells a couple of recruits to pound sand.....
Alabama's Nick Saban rejected 2 players who were searching for $1.3 million combined in NIL money: report | Fox News

Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Norman. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

"One of them wanted $500,000 and for us to get his girlfriend into law school at Alabama and pay for it. I showed him the door," Saban reportedly said.
Nick Saban, unlikely savior of college football

NCAA and coaches like Saban have made a colossal mess of NIL. The collectives at schools are a horrible idea. The NCAA should have said the schools (AD’s, Coaches, Staff) will stay completely away from all NIL deals, negotiations and payments. Make any evidence the school has promised to play or indeed paid players lead to severe penalties. Recruit and offer a scholarship. Anything else and Coach gets a suspension, school probation, and atlete loses eligibility.

The, NIL money is between the player and employer, benefactor or booster. They are being compensated for their name, image and likeness. Let them get all they can get from anyone willing to pay as long as the school is not involved.

The problem is the coaches and schools want control. They would rather pool money into a collective they control. The don't want their boosters and the athletes in control of these NIL deals. If the schools and coaches would stay out of this the market would eventually work and ridiculous deals would be less likely.

NCAA and its wealthy coaches and AD’s could have avoided this with paying image fees to athletes from video game companies and having spending money increase because the players got a well deserved share of jersey sales revenue. They were greedy and stubborn.

NCAA and coaches like Saban have made a colossal mess of NIL. The collectives at schools are a horrible idea. The NCAA should have said the schools (AD’s, Coaches, Staff) will stay completely away from all NIL deals, negotiations and payments. Make any evidence the school has promised to play or indeed paid players lead to severe penalties. Recruit and offer a scholarship. Anything else and Coach gets a suspension, school probation, and atlete loses eligibility.

The, NIL money is between the player and employer, benefactor or booster. They are being compensated for their name, image and likeness. Let them get all they can get from anyone willing to pay as long as the school is not involved.

The problem is the coaches and schools want control. They would rather pool money into a collective they control. The don't want their boosters and the athletes in control of these NIL deals. If the schools and coaches would stay out of this the market would eventually work and ridiculous deals would be less likely.

NCAA and its wealthy coaches and AD’s could have avoided this with paying image fees to athletes from video game companies and having spending money increase because the players got a well deserved share of jersey sales revenue. They were greedy and stubborn.

It's difficult, if not impossible, for schools to stay out of the NIL side if a recruit makes signing their NLI contingent on an NIL deal.

It's difficult, if not impossible, for schools to stay out of the NIL side if a recruit makes signing their NLI contingent on an NIL deal.

Report the athlete if you have proof he is making signing contingent on NIL money. All you need is NCAA then rules player ineligible. Simple. Player gets no money because he can’t play. Players and their parents quickly learn that to negotiate pay with a school can cost you $$$. So, they negotiate not with schools, but with businesses, alums and fans with no school involvement promising pay,

Obviously big donors will be making arrangements for NIL deals behind the scenes. But, if you keep the schools and coaches out of it the system will actually be cleaner than what we have had and kids get paid, not for playing, but for what playing does to enhance their name, image and likeness.

The NCAA wants control over the $$$. Coaches, especially the ultra successful ones who thrived under the old system, want control. But, this thing could work with simple, easy to enforce rules. Schools and coaches, get involved in the $ and you are on probation and fined. Players, get caught demanding money from the school and you are ineligible.

Back