uga indicted the GT 'hacker'

Update: Arraignment scheduled for February 18 at 08:30.

There could be a silver lining here. If this goes to a jury perhaps testimony could show how incompetent uga is... this time with their internet security.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-12-30/georgia-tech-student-indicted-uga-website-hack

There should be some kind of THWG gofundme account for this kid...

BeeStorm EDIT: There may be one. http://www.gofundme.com/ji4xh4

I have no way of knowing if this is real. Do your own homework.
It's a good thing for Cal Tech that it did not pull its halftime card show prank against Georgia. Half the geeks in school who figured out how to do it would be doing life.

Anyone notice that the guy that used his security clearance to bypass Atlanta TSA security was wearing a UGA sweatshirt after he posted bail? Had his head covered in either the shame of getting arrested or the shame of being a mutt fan (or both) as his lawyer led him out.

I believe that you are either misinformed or you misunderstand the situation. No one would grant me special accommodations for having a security clearance. He probably used some form of social engineering to bypass the TSA.

Anyone notice that the guy that used his security clearance to bypass Atlanta TSA security was wearing a UGA sweatshirt after he posted bail? Had his head covered in either the shame of getting arrested or the shame of being a mutt fan (or both) as his lawyer led him out.

Are we talking about the UGA fan who shut down Hartsfield like 10 years ago when he ran through security?

Are we talking about the UGA fan who shut down Hartsfield like 10 years ago when he ran through security?

No, the Delta worker who smuggled guns a few months ago.

Criminals seem to love uGA

Was scheduled to be arraigned this morning at 08:30.

Was scheduled to be arraigned this morning at 08:30.

90c12df3645aee61e4a548013189b230fa8a7cf062a939fb05d74925addbbe44.jpg

journalists in athens too busy covering Richt's 55th birthday

Probably a dumb question, but the Clarke County page says he posted bond right after his arrest. I thought arraignment was where a judge gives bond or remand. So wasn't that the arraignment?

http://gradynewsource.uga.edu/blog/...georgia-tech-student-who-hacked-uga-calendar/

ATHENS, GA – UPDATE: The Georgia Tech student who hacked UGA’s computer system could avoid a trial completely. Ryan Pickren is accused of computer trespass after UGA’s online calendar was altered to say “Get Ass Kicked by GT [Georgia Tech]” when the Georgia Bulldogs were scheduled to play the Yellow Jackets in the college football regular season. Pickren filed a pre-trial diversion this morning during his arraignment. This means that Pickren will never go to trial if he completes a pre-trial diversion program.

I am enjoying how news about this will remind the uga fans of the GT win again. :)

Probably a dumb question, but the Clarke County page says he posted bond right after his arrest. I thought arraignment was where a judge gives bond or remand. So wasn't that the arraignment?

arraign is typically when you officially plead guilty/not guilty also you can have an official reading of the charges.

Different jurisdictions have different names for these events. I have heard bond hearings called initial arraignment and they typically take place within 72 hrs of arrest.

pretrial diversion is a good resolution IMO and it appears he is getting a fair shake from the DA

Back