uga indicted the GT 'hacker'

lots of folks on here have watched too many movies about hackers and hacking. i'm shocked that so many tech people think that "guessing" a password isn't "real" hacking...or that "real hacking" is something that requires some bad ass skills...its odd.

I will put my technical credentials up against yours any day of the week.

Nerd off!!!

2rfkc3V.gif

This is the most exciting thing that's happened all day. And I watched a man get a 3 letter puzzle solve on the second toss up puzzle today on Wheel.

I will put my technical credentials up against yours any day of the week.

Haha, if you hadn't posted the "watch out we got a bad ass" meme, I'd do so now. That meme was designed for this post. Good stuff. You're both the neck beard I posted and the de grasse meme, all in one. Congrats.

But wait, any day of the week, mr. sql injection? But seriously, you probably sling some sweet, sweet code and are a bad ass developer.

Love the off season :lol::lol:

Haha, if you hadn't posted the "watch out we got a bad ass" meme, I'd do so now. That meme was designed for this post. Good stuff. You're both the neck beard I posted and the de grasse meme, all in one. Congrats.

But wait, any day of the week, mr. sql injection? But seriously, you probably sling some sweet, sweet code and are a bad ass developer.

Love the off season :lol::lol:

whatever mr. trying to login as someone else is hacking

You two just need to get a room, baby oil yourselves up, and just go at it.

I can't even tell what they (or really just potatohead) are arguing about. It seems to be whether password guessing and SQL injection are "real" hacking. That's really a legal question.

Some courts in the past have been horrifically bad about technology. To 12 complete technology noobs, they can make anything sound bad. For the guy who Goldman Sachs got to be taken to federal prison for stealing code, the US attorney made it seem like deleting his session logs was something sinister. But he always deleted logs because they contained his password in plain text.

If you want an absolute horror story of the courts and technology, see this case. Now, it looks like this kid will have far more competent counsel than the teacher had. But still, how did the DA ever decide to pursue this case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Connecticut_v._Julie_Amero

BTW, my own uninformed opinion is SQL injection. Website source looks relatively homemade and an unparameterized query could very easily have gotten in their somehow.

The only thing I dislike now is that it's set to split the money between Tech and UGA. At the very least, UGA should only get 80% of what Tech gets.

It's too bad that nobody has gotten this joke yet.

How do I report this error to Beestorm: I tried to access a thread about a hacker on his website and I was redirected to bodybuilding.com?

I think we've been hacked.

you guys should show up at the courtroom and argue in the crowd so long that the judge gets pissed off and dismisses the case or puts yall in jail for being incompetent

Back