uga indicted the GT 'hacker'

Wrong. The current state seal was adopted in 1914, it modified the prior state seal which was merely a beam with three pillars, along with 4 banners. The Georgie arch was built in 1856.

Prior to 1914, the actual state seal was not an arch, although it was called that. It was a beam supported by three pillars, each with a banner, and each banner stating one of the three words that make up the state motto. The phrase "constitution" appeared above the arch, but the statute stated that this was the same as the banners stating "wisdom," justice, and moderation, except that the constitution banner was described as a golden banner, above the foundation supplied by wisdom, justice, and moderation. In 1914 the statute changed and stated that the "constitution" was part of the structure, adding an arch to something that was not an arch. This is clear because in 1914 instead of there being 4 banners as part of the state seal there were only three.

In short, it only became an arch in 1914. Long after Georgie built its arch. That said, the symbol has always been referred to as an arch, even though the statutory text did not describe it as an arch. This simply means that not only did Georgie not understand what an arch was, but that they couldn't read, either.

Wrong. The current state seal was adopted in 1914, it modified the prior state seal which was merely a beam with three pillars, along with 4 banners. The Georgie arch was built in 1856.

Prior to 1914, the actual state seal was not an arch, although it was called that. It was a beam supported by three pillars, each with a banner, and each banner stating one of the three words that make up the state motto. The phrase "constitution" appeared above the arch, but the statute stated that this was the same as the banners stating "wisdom," justice, and moderation, except that the constitution banner was described as a golden banner, above the foundation supplied by wisdom, justice, and moderation. In 1914 the statute changed and stated that the "constitution" was part of the structure, adding an arch to something that was not an arch. This is clear because in 1914 instead of there being 4 banners as part of the state seal there were only three.

In short, it only became an arch in 1914. Long after Georgie built its arch. That said, the symbol has always been referred to as an arch, even though the statutory text did not describe it as an arch. This simply means that not only did Georgie not understand what an arch was, but that they couldn't read, either.

Nope.

Here's the Georgia State Militia flag from 1861:

m-3533.jpg

Funny, there's an arch on there that reads "constitution".

Oh, and here's the state flag from 1787:

m-3529.jpg

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/government-politics/state-flags-georgia

The UGAg arch wasn't commissioned until 1856.

Wanna try again?

Wanna try again?

Sure, but you need to go back and read what I wrote first. I was describing the statutory text. You didn't respond. The images are the same. I don't disagree. But the way the images are described differ, and that is the point I made, and you ignored.

The 1914 law changed it because it looked like an arch up there anyway, and that's how everyone described it. But before that, the law describing the seal described a banner saying constitution. They also changed some of the dates.

Sure, but you need to go back and read what I wrote first. I was describing the statutory text. You didn't respond. The images are the same. I don't disagree. But the way the images are described differ, and that is the point I made, and you ignored.

Wat8.jpg

So, if you're a sculptor in 1856, and you're presented with that image and asked to replicate it for a sculpture, how would go about doing it so it doesn't look like an arch with three pillars because in both of those images, that's what I'm seeing.

At this point, you're just being purposely obtuse.

The whole thing is just a dumb put-down. If you have to go into that much detail as to why and how it's just another "dumb dwag emblem", then it's just not that good of a gag. Painting the "T" will always be funny, but trying to say Tech folks are smart be cause we know a true arch doesn't have a center support and blah, blah, blah is one of the dumbest things people say on here.

So, if you're a sculptor in 1856, and you're presented with that image and asked to replicate it for a sculpture, how would go about doing it so it doesn't look like an arch with three pillars because in both of those images, that's what I'm seeing.

The whole thing is just a dumb put-down. If you have to go into that much detail as to why and how it's just another "dumb dwag emblem", then it's just not that good of a gag. Painting the "T" will always be funny, but trying to say Tech folks are smart be cause we know a true arch doesn't have a center support and blah, blah, blah is one of the dumbest things people say on here.

can you please take that picture down, it's gonna give me nightmares.

you wrap the banner around the outside pillars and have the same banner form the "arch" part and make it thinner and obviously a banner above the 3 pillars. It's not very difficult in 3-dimensions. It is in 2-dimensions. Hence the confusion.

Stop trying to change what I said. I've never disagreed with you about visual depictions.

The statute that defined the state seal. I've explained what it said.

You're just refusing to respond because you want to be right.

You're talking about images. I'm talking about the actual laws that define those images. And you refuse to admit that.

Where's the talk about a GT student Hacker going to jail? I want more of that.

Screw this Seal BS.

Stop trying to change what I said. I've never disagreed with you about visual depictions.

The statute that defined the state seal. I've explained what it said.

You're just refusing to respond because you want to be right.

You're talking about images. I'm talking about the actual laws that define those images. And you refuse to admit that.

You are insinuating that the UGAg arch existed before the seal. It did not. The seal inspired the arch. The statute has nothing to do with anything. You're the one reaching for some silly argument.

Someone send this stuff to the Anonymous group, but not until the kid's situation is covered, so his punishment won't be worsened.

Donated a few $ since the gofundme seems legit. Also realized how close we were to sweeping baseball/basketball/football two years straight.

not sure how he did it, but its fairly clear uga could just say "thanks" and move on. embarrassing vulnerability for their web guys. I'd be willing to bet they don't even validate any of it if you use an approved email address, or something equally stupid.

He probably went here:
http://calendar.uga.edu/submit/

Filled it out and looked up what he'd perceive as "admin level" email addresses. My dream scenario is that he just used the admin's contact info that's listed on the page:
Master Calendar Manager
Matt Chambers
calendar@uga.edu
706-583-0913

what a joke.

ALSO,

How the hell did he get caught? did he just assume they wouldn't make a big deal about it, so he didn't cover his tracks?

You are insinuating that the UGAg arch existed before the seal. It did not. The seal inspired the arch. The statute has nothing to do with anything. You're the one reaching for some silly argument.

Lol, ****tards. Let clear this up for you barkmunchers. LOL YOU CANNOT COUNT THE FIRST COLUMN. If you are on the first column and someone asks you how many columns until you reach the end of the columns, you wouldnt count the first one you would count the second two. LOL and you think its an arch. An arch has 4 columns because you cant count the first one. Lol

Lol, ****tards. Let clear this up for you barkmunchers. LOL YOU CANNOT COUNT THE FIRST COLUMN. If you are on the first column and someone asks you how many columns until you reach the end of the columns, you wouldnt count the first one you would count the second two. LOL and you think its an arch. An arch has 4 columns because you cant count the first one. Lol

Let it go, dude.

As an aside, you kill all credibility when you include "lol" in your post four times.

not sure how he did it, but its fairly clear uga could just say "thanks" and move on. embarrassing vulnerability for their web guys. I'd be willing to bet they don't even validate any of it if you use an approved email address, or something equally stupid.

He probably went here:

Filled it out and looked up what he'd perceive as "admin level" email addresses. My dream scenario is that he just used the admin's contact info that's listed on the page:
Master Calendar Manager
Matt Chambers
calendar@uga.edu
706-583-0913

what a joke.

holy öööö, zero doubt in my mind that this is exactly how he did it. Hacking my ööööing ass what a waste of time and money.

I hope he takes UGA for $10M in damages to his name reputation and health for stressing out about this, if this is in fact how he "hacked their calendar."

He probably went here:

Master Calendar Manager
Matt Chambers
calendar@uga.edu
706-583-0913

what a joke.

So now you have clearly defined your hypothesis on how the "hack" was done.

Time for experimentation. I'd recommend using a proxy.

um, yea on the proxy. that's what i don't get...how he got caught. there is too much free stuff out there that does a great job.

either way, they've buttoned it up.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Please, for posterity's sake.

Would you just go back and read what I wrote the first time? Then take a deep breath and read it again.

The statute defines the state seal of Georgia. Period. As I've repeated three times, the statute did not describe an arch until 1914. I've agreed with you every time that the visual rendering did look like an arch, and always has. A state seal is defined by a state's statutes. And that's what I have talked about over and over again.

So go read what I wrote. And stop this vitriolic nonsense.

Back