uga indicted the GT 'hacker'

Bad journalism how the Athens Banner-Herald reporter wrote "illegal calendar entry". It biases the article against the accused, labeling his (alleged) actions as illegal. Try "unauthorized" or something.

Case update:

pickren_20150201.png

Source: http://www.athensclarkeclerkofcourt.com/webFormFrame.aspx?page=main

2002 bio of judge:

http://onlineathens.com/stories/011302/ath_0113020025.shtml

School days: Episcopal High School, Alexandra, Va., 1973; bachelor of arts degree in political science and U.S. history, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1977; juris doctorate degree from University of Georgia School of Law, 1981.

Honors and memberships: Gridiron Secret Society member, Omicron Delta Kappa Honorary Leadership Organization, co-chaired Senate Structured Sentencing Commission, Board of Trustees of the Institute for Continuing Judicial Education, immediate past president of statewide Council of Superior Court Judges, Chief Justice's Indigent Defense Study Commission, fellow of the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia and was elected to the Georgia General Assembly in 1986 as state representative for the 68th House District for Clarke County.

Judge will not matter in 99% of these types of cases. They see "so much" crime that you become numb to "personal" issues and look at issues from an equitable perspective.

I use to handle cases where people mistreated their kids (not criminal (most of time..but probably should be)...but the county takes their kids and it never bothered me until I had my own kids.

In a case where the 6 year old just wanted to know why his father (deadbeat) would not pick up the phone and call him. The foster parents said the kid adored his father. I had my own 6 year old at the time and it really choked me up.

Sometimes the isolated case of abuse is easier to understand than the perpetual neglect.

But unless this guy sleeps on ugag bed sheets (which 1% may) the perp will be fine.

If he is humble, remorseful, and NOT stupid I think he will get through this ok. Probably 90% of people indicted do NOT meet those standards.

In fact Tully (ugag's top lawyer) would probably represent this guy and get him the best result possible.

In fact I once represented a guy (that the sheriff was investigating for "taking out a contract to kill me") and b/c of that no one in my PD office wanted the case and the D denied it and waived potential conflict ....and b/c of all those issues he got a better deal on his original charge

Ed Tolley is representing this guy? He'll be fine.

I don't know who is representing this guy....what I was say is Tolley (obviously a HUGE ugag fan) could be impartial and do a great job for this guy

If I was him I probably would call Tolley and if Tolley turned the case down (he might b/c he may not want to upset his "other" clients) Tolley would still recommend a top lawyer that would take care of the guy

Supporters of a team full of criminals want to charge a kid with a felony for changing the calendar on their geocities page. We should have gone ACL hunting in that game or given Hutchinson Matson a Murray-style deer in the headlights moment. I'm suprised this dumb cesspool made up of fatasses trying desperately to save their twigs after they lose and inbred trailer trash that couldn't pass a Jim Harrick class have any time to pull it out of their sister to spend time on something like this. Actually, I'm not, since NASCAR isn't on 24/7 and welfare only gets you so many Natty Lights per month.

mind = rite

Huge difference. He caused irreparable physical damage to an icon. It would be like if we stole their arches and melted them down. UGA only had a valid event added to their online calendar momentarily.

If we stole the unnecessary support beam (the T) inside of the arches, there would be no structural damage though . . . . It might even educate Georgie students on the nature of an arch.

I know several lawyers with Tech degrees who would take this piss ant case with minimum cost. No need to donate and pay big bucks unless you got money to give away. And if he makes a lot of money on this, it will open a can of worms for sure.

I put in an open records request for the indictment but they want $1/page to snail mail it.

The cost for copies of the record by mail is $1.00 per page in advance or $.50 cents per page if made in our office. There is an additional fee if certified copies are requested of $2.50 for the first page and $.50 cents for each additional
page. In addition on the request of any person at our front counter the
entire case file will be provided for inspection and copying. The only
exceptions are cases sealed by court order or statute. You are welcome to
come to our office anytime during business hours to research what you need or forward a request by mail.
You may also call our office at (706) 613-3190 to inquire about the costs
and/or procedure.

Last edited:
I know several lawyers with Tech degrees who would take this piss ant case with minimum cost. No need to donate and pay big bucks unless you got money to give away. And if he makes a lot of money on this, it will open a can of worms for sure.

I donated to his defense fund and I'm good with him "keeping the change", both as compensation for his mental pain and suffering and for payment for his good deed in the name of GT.

I donated to his defense fund and I'm good with him "keeping the change", both as compensation for his mental pain and suffering and for payment for his good deed in the name of GT.

So, you are good for funding hackers who benefit personally from their efforts if you agree that their targets should be hacked? Are you from North Korea?

So, you are good for funding hackers who benefit personally from their efforts if you agree that their targets should be hacked?

The GoFundMe campaign says that proceeds beyond legal costs will be split equally and donated to GT and UGA. So if the campaign is not fraudulent, he will not be benefiting from his alleged criminal act.

Are you from North Korea?

I know you're joking, but there hasn't been any evidence made public that North Korea hacked Sony. Just a dubious, evidence-less claim by the FBI.

Saw the "rur roh" post a couple days ago, can't find it now. Got me to thinking, this may be the new "steal the T" prank for a number of GT fans. "Doctor the cesspool we pages". LOL!

Back