Uniform tidbit

Attachments

• IMG_1626.PNG
    IMG_1626.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
It was $60 and they have a BOGO 50% off deal going.

These were clearance items I believe but the MOG had quite a few XLs left. I may have gotten the last L.

They also had a similar style of these with long sleeves. Never seen that before.

Also they had quite a few gold shirts with white collars. They looked pretty nice.

Sorry guys, I just came from the MOG and got the last one they had in stock. They do have a few small Russell navy ones left but that was it.

FWIW, I have a close friend who works in collegiate licensing- he knows I'm a fan, so he shoots me tidbits as he sees them. He's hearing pretty definite word that it's UA, and they want to treat it like a research program regarding garment technology (fabrics, safety, design, etc)

FWIW, I have a close friend who works in collegiate licensing- he knows I'm a fan, so he shoots me tidbits as he sees them. He's hearing pretty definite word that it's UA, and they want to treat it like a research program regarding garment technology (fabrics, safety, design, etc)
Will UA have the guts to put the basketball team in unitards?

This is a pretty interesting look at Adidas. I was pretty much anti-Adidas before reading it (they used to ALL suck and they're far too tight), but the article is right-- Adidas does seem to be on the come up. Not just in uniforms, but shoes/apparel as well. The Miami uniforms in the article are pretty sweet, and a lot of the other ones are good too.

Still, seems sort of hit or miss.

Link

This is a pretty interesting look at Adidas. I was pretty much anti-Adidas before reading it (they used to ALL suck and they're far too tight), but the article is right-- Adidas does seem to be on the come up. Not just in uniforms, but shoes/apparel as well. The Miami uniforms in the article are pretty sweet, and a lot of the other ones are good too.

Still, seems sort of hit or miss.

Link

Adidas has for quite a while been just a step above Russell Athletic in the uniform hierarchy, when you ask just about anyone, but lagging far behind the top two apparel behemoths in the cool factor. Nike reigns supreme, and Under Armour’s come into its own lately.

So, it would still be a step up from Russell.

Kinda what I am hoping for personally.

I just have a better feeling about U/A than Adidas.

I think if we went Nike we would be so far down their pecking order that it would almost not help us that much.

But, whatever TStan decides is ok by me.

Has anyone noticed that ramblinwreck.com now sells shirts as gt "branded gold"? Seems to indicate a move from the light yellow t-shirts. and free shipping with code SUMMERFS, neat

http://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/CO...ed_Gold_GA_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_Campus_T-Shirt
That just means it's Fanatics' house brand. Has nothing to do with the color. There are 3 color options: charcoal, navy, and Vegas gold. Select charcoal and it says "Men's Fanatics Branded Charcoal GA Tech Yellow Jackets Campus T-Shirt."

That just means it's Fanatics' house brand. Has nothing to do with the color. There are 3 color options: charcoal, navy, and Vegas gold. Select charcoal and it says "Men's Fanatics Branded Charcoal GA Tech Yellow Jackets Campus T-Shirt."

..which has nothing to do with the shade of gold GT uses on merchandise. I didn't say Tech will only sell gold merch, but inferring that the shade of gold is being standardized.

..which has nothing to do with the shade of gold GT uses on merchandise. I didn't say Tech will only sell gold merch, but inferring that the shade of gold is being standardized.
I think @Architorture23 means that you're misreading the product description. The brand is listed as "Fanatics Branded." So the product description is correctly read as "Men's, Fanatics Branded, Gold, GA Tech Yellow Jackets, Campus T-Shirt". If it were a Nike shirt, it would say "Men's Nike Gold GT YJ Campus T-shirt" — and would not indicate that anything particular about the shade of gold.

I think @Architorture23 means that you're misreading the product description. The brand is listed as "Fanatics Branded." So the product description is correctly read as "Men's, Fanatics Branded, Gold, GA Tech Yellow Jackets, Campus T-Shirt". If it were a Nike shirt, it would say "Men's Nike Gold GT YJ Campus T-shirt" — and would not indicate that anything particular about the shade of gold.
Ah I get it now. Well here's to hoping "vegas gold" is now the current shade rather than the previous

Few, Vegas Gold is what we called it back in the JoeHam/Goose era. More yellow than the mustard/brown of true "old gold."

We should be wearing the color of the Wreck. Ironic that the pennants on the Wreck don't match. Or maybe it's just typical.

Ramblinwreck.jpg

We should be wearing the color of the Wreck. Ironic that the pennants on the Wreck don't match. Or maybe it's just typical.

Ramblinwreck.jpg
Anybody know why we've got the USMC emblem on the front license plate of the Wreck? I never noticed that before. Or the yellow jacket stickers on the front?

Anybody know why we've got the USMC emblem on the front license plate of the Wreck? I never noticed that before. Or the yellow jacket stickers on the front?
Driver picked the tag, I believe. Don't recall if it was just to honor the Marines or if he has a family member in the Marines.

This makes me happy. I had already decided to make sure to "help Tech keep its end of the bargain" by buying clothes made by whichever company gets the contract. I really like UA's stuff so far.

Back