"Unprecedented" penalties TBA for PSU

Criminals should not be tortured because we cannot be sure they deserve it. For example, if you assume Sandusky's guilt is a 100% certainty, which it is not, what if it turned out he had a brain tumor that caused his pedophilia. You'd be torturing someone who is handicapped.

So you are suggesting a tumor that would cause him to molest boys yet be perfectly normal otherwise? Would he have gotten it when the aliens abducted him?:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pedophile State University hasn't been punished yet, and I'm already worried how I'm going to deal with that nauseous feeling in my stomach having to endure ESPN's fap-fap-fapping over them, when they inevitably win again and come "back."

I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but:

The people who will suffer the most from any sanctions are the newly hired coaches...many of which are Tech men. Coach Bill O'Brian, etc. Many of our former solid assistants are up there. I feel badly for them and of course the student-athletes there who were no part of this mess.

They knew the risk involved with taking this job. Everyone did. The student athletes do get screwed however. That sucks, but oh well.

So you are suggesting a tumor that would cause him to molest boys yet be perfectly normal otherwise? Would he have gotten it when the aliens abducted him?:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A tumor he has had since the 1970's.

I predict lawsuit response. PSU won't take something too harsh lying down. May help define the authority of the NCAA.

Lawsuit? They are voluntarily a part of the NCAA. They signed up for the organization. They can leave if they don't like it.

Though I'm sure they will file a lawsuit. If they are willing to cover up and enable a child predator to protect football, filing a lawsuit is nothing.

Go read the morality clause in NCAA guidelines as it governs institutional control and then get back to me dumbass.

In the same vein, shouldn't the NCAA go back and kick VT out of the NCAA for letting that Chinamen run rampant and kill 30 something people, after ignoring warnings from students and others that he was dangerous?

Bowl ban and scholarships would be a flat out insult to decency. I swear to God, with every year that goes by, I'd be more ok with GT dropping out of this nonsense and going DIII.

I went there full throttle this year. Div iii or bust.

Lawsuit? They are voluntarily a part of the NCAA. They signed up for the organization. They can leave if they don't like it.

Though I'm sure they will file a lawsuit. If they are willing to cover up and enable a child predator to protect football, filing a lawsuit is nothing.

Their membership is presumably some form of an agreement, with assumptions about what the NCAA's authority is? Wouldn't they have a perfect right to test that if they felt the NCAA overstepped their bounds?

I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but:

The people who will suffer the most from any sanctions are the newly hired coaches...many of which are Tech men. Coach Bill O'Brian, etc. Many of our former solid assistants are up there. I feel badly for them and of course the student-athletes there who were no part of this mess.

I'd feel sorry for them if they didn't know this sort of thing was happening when they took the job. I think it was fairly obvious where this was going.

To believe otherwise you'd have to believe that Joe Pa didn't know what was going on in 1998. Or 2001. And you'd have to ignore Joe Pa's grand jury testimony.

I'm sorry the tech men will be looking for a job. But they knew what they were getting into, and it just didn't work out.

In the same vein, shouldn't the NCAA go back and kick VT out of the NCAA for letting that Chinamen run rampant and kill 30 something people, after ignoring warnings from students and others that he was dangerous?

Stop trolling.

Full retart

I'm surprised the libertarians here aren't all over this.
I fail to see what libertarianism has to do with anything in this whole scenario.

edit: Oh, right torture. Well yeah, torture is dumb.

lol casual ------

I fail to see what libertarianism has to do with anything in this whole scenario.

Conveniently ignoring parts of the constitution just so you can feel better by torturing and killing a US citizen?

Their membership is presumably some form of an agreement, with assumptions about what the NCAA's authority is? Wouldn't they have a perfect right to test that if they felt the NCAA overstepped their bounds?

They could. But the PR would be even worse than losing.

Penn State should voluntarily announce the sanctions. It appears they aren't that smart.

I'd feel sorry for them if they didn't know this sort of thing was happening when they took the job. I think it was fairly obvious where this was going.

To believe otherwise you'd have to believe that Joe Pa didn't know what was going on in 1998. Or 2001. And you'd have to ignore Joe Pa's grand jury testimony.

I'm sorry the tech men will be looking for a job. But they knew what they were getting into, and it just didn't work out.

It was worth the risk for them. There isn't going to be a death penalty, but scholarship reductions and bowl bans are going to kill recruiting. They'll have about 4 years of losing excused and be fired after year 5 when they don't make a bowl after the sanctions have run their course. By then, Arkansas State will be looking for a coach.

Whatever punishment is dealt out, Penn State is going to bend over and just take it.

They want the story to go away. Continuing it through a long drawn out an highly publicized trial isn't something they're interested in.

Conveniently ignoring parts of the constitution just so you can feel better by torturing and killing a US citizen?

What part of the constitution is that? He was given a trial and found guilty. The death penalty is legal in the constitution after having your day in court. Torture is subjective and the Geneva conventions don't govern what you do to your own citizens.

Back