USA today's Myerberg's CFB ranks kicks off with #125:GSU

On the other hand, Pitt and Duke are on their way up, yet were treated the same. Virginia can't help but be better. I don't disagree with Syracuse, that could go in a lot of ways. I just expect a Bowl team from last year to be more than 10 spots higher than a 1-11 Kansas team.

I think maybe 1 of those 4 make a bowl this season.

I think maybe 1 of those 4 make a bowl this season.

Syracuse might have the best chance just by playing in the Atlantic. The truth is, Duke only made a bowl because of UNC and Miami being ineligible.

Who is No. 61? This team has not thrown an interception on third down and three yards or less since the 2009 season.
Could this be us? I can't remember throwing one on a 3rd and less than 3.

Edit: not us. Tevin threw an INT in 2010 on 3rd and 0-3 yards to go. He had two attempts on that situation that year and had 1 incomplete and 1 INT.

Syracuse might have the best chance just by playing in the Atlantic. The truth is, Duke only made a bowl because of UNC and Miami being ineligible.

And GT only played FSU because UNC and Miami were ineligible. What's your point?

This is not true. Any team in an AQ conference that finishes .500 or better makes a bowl game. Duke went 6-6 and didn't have two victories against FCS teams so all 6 wins counted towards a bowl game.

How exactly are you insinuating that this had an effect on Duke's bowl game?

This is not true. Any team in an AQ conference that finishes .500 or better makes a bowl game. Duke went 6-6 and didn't have two victories against FCS teams so all 6 wins counted towards a bowl game.

Yes, and this year there are 35 bowls meaning that 70 teams will go bowling. Bowling don't mean öööö anymore.

Where's that rule? Actually, last year, with only 6 teams in bowls there would have been a spot, but there is no guarantee in a year where 8 other teams qualify. Those years, they would have to hope that the ACC can find them a spot in the Emerald/Fight Hunger or Humanitarian Bowl.

And GT only played FSU because UNC and Miami were ineligible. What's your point?

And GT only played in a bowl by special dispensation of the NCAA. The point was that Duke was barely bowl eligible and in a normal year, might have been left out.

And GT only played in a bowl by special dispensation of the NCAA. The point was that Duke was barely bowl eligible and in a normal year, might have been left out.

How many six win teams have ever been left out of a bowl?

Serious question.

How many six win teams have ever been left out of a bowl?

Serious question.

That's not a good question because it doesn't have a time element to it. A 7-4 Georgia Tech team was left out of a bowl in 1989. It's also poor because a lot of times, the AQ conferences don't fill their slots like the ACC didn't last year. If you're talking about all BCS conferences, 9-3 Louisiana Tech was left out last year. IF the ACC filled it's slots, it is very possible that a 6-6 team be left out for a 9-3 team with a bigger fan base.

A few, but a better question would be how many six win teams from BCS conferences have been left out of a bowl?

I think the answer to that question is zero.

Quite a few BCS teams have been left out like the aforementioned Louisiana Tech. With the additions of Pitt and Syracuse, without more automatic tie-ins, it's a lot more likely going forward that Duke is spurned for a team with a larger fan base.

That was their own dumb fault though.

Yes it was, they tried to do better and effectively turned down the Independence Bowl (which was coincidentally left open because the ACC couldn't fill their slots). Either way, a bowl eligible team would have been left out had they filled one.

Back