Vad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No time to read through all the threads, but what's the current status of Vad-gate?

I don't remember us competing for MNC's with Joe either.

I'd love to have a QB who could pass better, but what we got isn't just rubbish. We are 8-4.

I'd argue that in 1998 we were in the competition for a MNC. That year the ACC was still competitive and we had victories over 4 (3?) ranked teams. We lost our opener against a team we should have beaten (BC if I recall) even with that loss if we'd beaten FSU we play for the NC that year; since FSU played in the game and lost to Tennessee. FSU also had a bad early season loss to somebody.

We beat FSU we play for the NC. That's competing.

I can't imagine how much the offseason is gonna suck around here if this is any indication of it. First all the dick sucking of a 3* high school kid with a few decent offers who never played a down in college, or even at a high level in high school. Wasn't he AA or AAA in North Carolina? "oh why isnt he playing, hes the second coming", "dont redshirt him, it would be a waste", "Screw Clapton, Vad is God" and now the sky is falling over some rumors about this kid transferring to öööösville USA aka East Carolina University to do what? run track? Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

+1 If no one else is going to give this props, I will. Couldn't agree more. A better name for this thread would be "Vad Bieber," cause most of you are acting like pre-pubescent crowd fillers.

I'd argue that in 1998 we were in the competition for a MNC. That year the ACC was still competitive and we had victories over 4 (3?) ranked teams. We lost our opener against a team we should have beaten (BC if I recall) even with that loss if we'd beaten FSU we play for the NC that year; since FSU played in the game and lost to Tennessee. FSU also had a bad early season loss to somebody.

We beat FSU we play for the NC. That's competing.

Well sure, if you want to argue that entering the top 10 for the first time after your bowl game is challenging for the MNC... :cool:

We were coming off a 7-5 year. We were not ranked in the preseason AP poll in 1998, and we were lower than that after losing the opener to a sorry BC team. We didn't enter the top 25 until 10/12 at 4-1 and we were #23 on 10/26 after losing to FSU.

We lost to FSU 34-7 that year. Are you really going to say, 'if...." I really don't think we were much in the MNC discussion that year.

I am, but my wife is pretty awesome.

I didn't know that. Yeah, they should just make it work long distance, then. Or she should get a track scholarship to GT ;)

I'm with you, sometimes to keep a star player you need to sign his significant other. It's a bonus when the other is a legit scholarship athlete, kinda like Pollack and Greene...only different.

What scenario, giving a girl a track scholarship, or cheerleader scholarship, or whatever other of the plethora of scholarships GT has?

Hell, it has been done with players, giving a scholarship to a less deserving friend in order to land a recruit.

The NCAA has no control over who a school chooses to offer and what criteria they use.

Not saying it is right or wrong, just that it ain't illegal.

True, but Vad is all potential at this point. None of us know what he would do if he were starting. Let's not import that into the equation.

What we DO have is a possibly returning 5th year SR who, surrounded by a VERY young team, led us to an 8-4 season this year. Could easily have even been 9-3. In the worst case scenario, if he's back next year, a year wiser, and his team has grown around him for another year, should we not do at least as well?

I'd like to see what Vad can do, too, but there's no reason to jump off the bridge.

Yep.

Alll the internet experts with long term memory problems have assumed Tevin and Synjyn can get no better and yet an unknown is the answer.

I think Tevin's problems are mostly mental. If he could get past that then he is more than adequate.

P.S.
I want to see Vad play for GT as well. I almost wonder if the hype itself is getting to him. Maybe he is afraid he can't live up to the inflated and unrealistic expectations.

What scenario, giving a girl a track scholarship, or cheerleader scholarship, or whatever other of the plethora of scholarships GT has?

I know of an instance where Tennessee recruited a cheerleader to get a football player. Interestingly, she wound up marrying someone else after graduation.

This.

Tevin improved some between last year and this year, and if he improves more, particularly in the passing game, then GT could easily be even better next year.

Tevin's work ethic, and his heart, are unquestionable. Even if Vad stays, Vad might not beat him out necessarily. We'll see.

I don't really disagree with this, but listening to the coaches prior to the season, they all said Vad worked harder than anyone they had coached before and that he was way ahead of where they thought he would be. After hearing that, it is logical to think that he would be much better than TW after a year since he was really that good after 4 weeks.

I don't really disagree with this, but listening to the coaches prior to the season, they all said Vad worked harder than anyone they had coached before and that he was way ahead of where they thought he would be. After hearing that, it is logical to think that he would be much better than TW after a year since he was really that good after 4 weeks.

I would be happy with Tevin or whomever is good enough to beat him out.

Our ceiling with Tevin is 8 or 9 wins. While not bad, it will not get us to the big game.

Go Jackets!

Our ceiling with Tevin is 8 or 9 wins. While not bad, it will not get us to the big game.

Go Jackets!

Agree. I have high hopes if we can get the QB pipe line going so that we have a RS junior starting when the senior leaves. Had a dawg fan tell me last night, if we ever get a QB that can pass, we will be unstoppable.

I think tevin has a low ceiling. I'd love to be wrong, but the mistakes he makes seem as if they will take too long to fix.

the thing is...Tevin CAN pass...he just starts to think he can't...and then gets into problems...perhaps his indecisiveness comes from hesitation to make sure he and the WR are on the same page regarding the routes. It seems like when he knows where to throw the ball he has no hesitation and gets a nice ball out there.

Go Jackets!

So you're saying that Tevin is the problem keeping us from going over 8/9 wins? I usually agree with you, Jerry, but I don't think that Tevin is the barrier that is keeping us from an 9+ win season. Yeah he doesn't make the right reads all the time, and his passing can improve, but he's definitely not anywhere near the biggest problem with our team. Tevin is probably one of the brighter spots on our squad.

I think the oline shares that blame, but tevin has made passes that are beyond being described as off-target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back