Vad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying that Tevin is the problem keeping us from going over 8/9 wins? I usually agree with you, Jerry, but I don't think that Tevin is the barrier that is keeping us from an 9+ win season. Yeah he doesn't make the right reads all the time, and his passing can improve, but he's definitely not anywhere near the biggest problem with our team. Tevin is probably one of the brighter spots on our squad.

Gotta disagree 100% here. If we had a QB that could consistently pass, everything on offense would be a looot easier. Hell, it seemed like we missed on at least 1 easy TD pass (often more) every single game because we couldn't hit open receivers.

I like Tevin and he runs the option fairly well, he just isn't a good passer, and seems to lack pocket presence and composure when he drops back.

TW has done more with his physical/athletic ability than most any other player. That being said, he's as good as he is going to be and we'll have a 6-9 win season with him as starter next year. I prefer to go undefeated and will make myself believe this will happen regardless of who our starter is. But I'd like the reality to match my blind optimism.

I don't really disagree with this, but listening to the coaches prior to the season, they all said Vad worked harder than anyone they had coached before and that he was way ahead of where they thought he would be. After hearing that, it is logical to think that he would be much better than TW after a year since he was really that good after 4 weeks.

They said he was light years ahead of where they thought he'd be starting out. Which was nowhere. He was light years ahead of nowhere. He wasn't up to Synjyn or Tevin then. Will he be after the Spring? Maybe. That'd be cool. But Tevin has a chance to improve as well.

Our ceiling with Tevin is 8 or 9 wins. While not bad, it will not get us to the big game.

Go Jackets!

How do you figure? We coulda got 10 wins this year if our defense plays better vs VT. Football is a team sport. Every loss thus far has not been Tevin's fault, therefore our record this season is not Tevin's ceiling.

Tevin doesn't have the enough nerves, composure, and inherent confidence.

And this is crap. Tevin is probably the most composed QB we've had since Godsey. Tevin is not without problems, but composure is not one of them.

There is exactly a 38% chance he will transfer.
No, I think the consensus is it's around 80%. Nothing has changed since yesterday regarding Vad. It is known from his Tweets and rumors on this board that he is going home to Durham, NC this weekend. Rumor is (per EastJacket) that unless his parents convince him otherwise this weekend, he will transfer. We probably won't hear anything until this weekend or early next week.

What's the speculation on where he would transfer to and what is their QB situation?

Well sure, if you want to argue that entering the top 10 for the first time after your bowl game is challenging for the MNC... :cool:

We were coming off a 7-5 year. We were not ranked in the preseason AP poll in 1998, and we were lower than that after losing the opener to a sorry BC team. We didn't enter the top 25 until 10/12 at 4-1 and we were #23 on 10/26 after losing to FSU.

We lost to FSU 34-7 that year. Are you really going to say, 'if...." I really don't think we were much in the MNC discussion that year.

Maybe I'm looking back with gold glasses, but (though we got raped) if we beat FSU we play for the MNC. Anyway, not relevant to Vadgina.

Everyone remembers the "light years ahead" comment.

Everyone conveniently forgets that Vad "plateaued" a bit comment by Bohannon:
Bohannon said:
Q: How has Vad Lee been doing?

A: He’s done O.K. He hit a little bit of a wall just being a freshman and all the information overload. So he’s just got to stay to there, keep competing, keep working, because every day he’s going to learn something. Every day he’s going to get better. He had a lot of success early and then it kind of plateaued for him a little bit, which is fairly common, but I’m still pleased with the improvement he made. I just want to see it continue. I don’t want him to back off. He’s got to keep working.

After this, AJC hasn't released a single article about Vad. So I'm curious to hear one of the coaches' opinion about Vad's development now that the regular season is said and done.

He's a freshman, people. You all set yourselves up for this with all the "second coming of Joe Ham" crap. It's going to be hilarious when all this pans out to be nothing.

Everyone remembers the "light years ahead" comment.

Everyone conveniently forgets that Vad "plateaued" a bit comment by Bohannon:

After this, AJC hasn't released a single article about Vad. So I'm curious to hear one of the coaches' opinion about Vad's development now that the regular season is said and done.

I didn't even see that on stingtalk, first time I saw that, thanks.

I don't care what coaches think right now. All I care is if Vad is in 2-deep post spring.

If he doesn't come back, he probably wasn't going to be a good leader or able to compete anyway.

He's a freshman, people. You all set yourselves up for this with all the "second coming of Joe Ham" crap. It's going to be hilarious when all this pans out to be nothing.

Hmm... remember this, smart guy:

gtzulu said:
It'll be funny if he turns out to be an awesome player. Then StingTalk will look genius. Afraid this might be another IP Harris situation though.
JacketFan77 said:

Maybe you should change that "You all" to "We all, excluding gtzulu"..

ECU and it doesn't matter because its for his girlfriend.

Place "cat" here:

BS1024.jpg

Folks you guys are getting so panicked about Vad Lee leaving that you are throwing TW and Days out with the trash. News flash, both Washington and Days have room to improve and there is no reason to believe either of them won't. In fact I expect both of them to improve before next fall, I expect Days to improve significantly as a matter of fact.

I'd be fine with days taking the starting job. I think he's close to beating out tevin for the spot.

Folks you guys are getting so panicked about Vad Lee leaving that you are throwing TW and Days out with the trash. News flash, both Washington and Days have room to improve and there is no reason to believe either of them won't. In fact I expect both of them to improve before next fall, I expect Days to improve significantly as a matter of fact.
College quarterbacks who don't "have it" as far as throwing early on rarely get it. I doubt we'll see Tevin turn into an accurate passer. I haven't seen Days demonstrate great throwing accuracy, and several people have commented on the awfulness of his passing (e.g., BoR, who likened his passing to shotputting.) I'm not optimistic for major improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back