Vintage Tech Football Photo

Have you guys seen this photo? Joe Hamilton making Kirby Smart tackle air

1641344776748.png
Ah yes, the 98 game when Chambers hit the field goal to end the streak. Love it! Smart going to look dumb after next Monday night too ;)

Uniforms in the vintage picture vs USC are classic Tech. Let's ditch the modern crap and go old school with Old Gold. Nothing wrong with honoring tradition vs gimmicks like blue turf, different uni every week like Oregon/Maryland. Those schools are trying to invent themselves. We've got a alot of history to build off of.

Uniforms in the vintage picture vs USC are classic Tech. Let's ditch the modern crap and go old school with Old Gold. Nothing wrong with honoring tradition vs gimmicks like blue turf, different uni every week like Oregon/Maryland. Those schools are trying to invent themselves. We've got a alot of history to build off of.
Honoring tradition and building off history is a gimmick. It's one I like, but it's still a gimmick.

I - respectfully - disagree. Tradition and history cannot be invented. Nothing wrong with teams that have started programs and become good - I think of Coastal Carolina, Boise, UCF. But IMO a day at Grant Field/ BDS is special because it is a visit to a historic stadium, yes, but also because it is the place of memories. Probably a hundred but that is a different post. Yeah, there is good food everywhere, but taking my kids to The Varsity is special because it is going back to our roots. So, when I see the old uniforms, I think of Tech the way it was on those days when great things happened.

This old fart totally agrees. Gimmicks are for losers. Those who abandon their history and traditions are doomed to failure.

In 1990 Tech HAD to wear dark (blue) jerseys at home, because the NCAA stuck their noses in where they didn't belong.

So how do you know that those recruits don't just wear what is given them to wear by Collins, TStan, whomever? If we wore white and gold exclusively, we would just be doing what we have done for at least 100 years, and that is wearing our OFFICIAL school colors.
Those 1990 uniforms looked great
One of the best uniforms in the country
Washington and Baylor had similar style uniforms and they looked good too - good helmet, school color jersey ( with GT sort of school color)white pants
But none of the three wear those type of uniforms anymore

Back