welp - our best OG is pursing his master's elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they let other players leaving such as those working toward pro days? Right now he is the same guy.
No, he is a guy that is going to play for another college. One that may even play us.

I think it's even simpler than that. If he's a distraction to the team in any way, regardless of his reason for leaving, he should not be there. If he isn't, then let him train. It's not like he bailed on Tech - he got out and is now making the best business decision for himself.
Then he should understand that he should not be training with the team. The livelihood of our coaches is training and coaching our players. He has indicated he no longer will be one of our players. We need to concentrate on who we have on squad and not try to coddle a player who has decided to leave for another school

Then he should understand that he should not be training with the team. The livelihood of our coaches is training and coaching our players. He has indicated he no longer will be one of our players. We need to concentrate on who we have on squad and not try to coddle a player who has decided to leave for another school
Letting him use our facilities is not coddling him.

I'm not clear what we're arguing over.

As of now, he is on the team? You could teach your kids to screw you by not letting you know until late. I much prefer this way and you just never know anyway.

You also want to show the current players that you will treat them with respect no matter what. I think we let him use facilities as long as he is not a distraction or negative influence in any way to the players who will remain. He should not get any reps during our off-season weight training program however because time and resources are finite...I'm talking use of the facilities on his own time, independent of team time.

Imagine if CPJ had not retired, but Braun transferred out anyway. There would have been lots of fingerpointing.
Word is that is likely where we were headed, unless a coaching change was made at the position level.

Letting him use our facilities is not coddling him.

I'm not clear what we're arguing over.
Where did I say he couldn't use the facilities? He can use them, just not take part in team training and drills since he no longer wants to be part of our team. Hell, you gonna let every player who decides to leave the team from here out just decide to continue taking up team time until they feel like finally leaving?

Why does he need to use the team facilities instead of SAC (or whatever they call the athletic center for all the other students)?

Why does he need to use the team facilities instead of SAC (or whatever they call the athletic center for all the other students)?
I have no problem with him using the athletic facilities as long has he stays out of the way of the team. We have games to win next season, without him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back