"We're just now catching up to where everybody else is "

Eh...Larry Scott is the beneficiary of dealing during the height of the college football money bubble.

The analogy here is you're turning every realtor that sold a house during the mid-2000s housing boom as the next Donald Trump or real estate mogul.

Somehow I dont think Larry Scott's name was just randomly drawn out of a hat to be the PAC12 Commissioner......right before the PAC12 undertook a major expansion effort and created/signed a blockbuster new TV contract.

Somehow I dont think Larry Scott's name was just randomly drawn out of a hat to be the PAC12 Commissioner......right before the PAC12 undertook a major expansion effort and created/signed a blockbuster new TV contract.

You're the one that's using the deal he got for Pac, while seemingly ignoring the fact he was dealing for a TV deal during the height of a money bubble, as the sole basis for why we should be excited about the new GT AD.

Perhaps TIA does not like GT's hire of Mike Bobinski.

You're the one that's using the deal he got for Pac, while seemingly ignoring the fact he was dealing for a TV deal during the height of a money bubble, as the sole basis for why we should be excited about the new GT AD.

Mike Slive became SEC Commish in July 2002.

Yeh, I guess Mike Slive was also just lucky to have also arrived during the money bubble.

My overall point is that I'm applauding GT's UNCOVENTIONAL THINKING......

......to solve as UNCONVENTIONAL PROBLEM with PR & PROMOTION.

That idea seems lost with many on this board.

Dude.

I can't even read your posts.

Lay off the format buttons.

i think most people just stop reading when they see you are the one that made the post. thats the cumulative effect of posting stupid crap over and over and over, and dressing it in unreadable formatting

Larry Scott was INSTRUMENTAL in the PAC12 getting their blockbuster deal. He certainly brokered a MUCH BETTER deal than John Swofford, who has years of experience as ACC Commish.

Why do you suppose the PAC12, having the option to choose from among MANY MANY qualified candidates with REAL, EXTENSIVE D1 experience....chose Larry Scott to be PAC12 Commish, whose professional background is almost exclusively composed of work in the US Womens Tennis Association ??

An even better question is this:

Why do you suppose GT chose Bobinski, from ALL of the available qualified AD candidates?

Mike Slive became SEC Commish in July 2002.

Yeh, I guess Mike Slive was also just lucky to have also arrived during the money bubble.

My overall point is that I'm applauding GT's UNCOVENTIONAL THINKING......

......to solve as UNCONVENTIONAL PROBLEM with PR & PROMOTION.

That idea seems lost with many on this board.

If you think Mike Slive is the superest-awesomest-bestest commissioner in the history of commissioners only because of the TV deal he was able to reach during an era when TV money flooded the market at all-time highs, then ya, I'd argue he was just lucky.

That's what I'm saying. You think Bobinski is a great hire. Awesome. But arguing that since Scott doesn't have a football background and negotiated a deal with lots of 0s means that Bobinski will be comparatively successful at Tech is a dumb argument to make.

Dude.

I can't even read your posts.

Lay off the format buttons.
Larry Scott was INSTRUMENTAL in the PAC12 getting their blockbuster deal. He certainly brokered a MUCH BETTER deal than John Swofford, who has years of experience as ACC Commish.

Why do you suppose the PAC12, having the option to choose from among MANY MANY qualified candidates with REAL, EXTENSIVE D1 experience....chose Larry Scott to be PAC12 Commish, whose professional background is almost exclusively composed of work in the US Womens Tennis Association ??

An even better question is this:

Why do you suppose GT chose Bobinski, from ALL of the available qualified AD candidates?
ok now you're just trolling...

If you think Mike Slive is the superest-awesomest-bestest commissioner in the history of commissioners only because of the TV deal he was able to reach during an era when TV money flooded the market at all-time highs, then ya, I'd argue he was just lucky.

That's what I'm saying. You think Bobinski is a great hire. Awesome. But arguing that since Scott doesn't have a football background and negotiated a deal with lots of 0s means that Bobinski will be comparatively successful at Tech is a dumb argument to make.

From ALL of the available qualified candidates, with years of D1 experience, from which to choose......

Why do you suppose GT chose Mike Bobinski.... ?

Nope, just looking for an answer to the question I posed.

he knew one of the main guys at the Varsity, so they hired him so that they would all get served quickly when getting chilidogs

From ALL of the available qualified candidates, with years of D1 experience, from which to choose......

Why do you suppose GT chose Mike Bobinski.... ?

Because President Peterson is a big Mike Tyson's Punchout fan and when he read his resume thought his last name was Popinski.

Because President Peterson is a big Mike Tyson's Punchout fan and when he read his resume thought his last name was Popinski.

punch-out.jpg

tumblr_lgoboaHi1u1qzptilo1_400.jpg

tony-dungy.jpg

So......

Why would GT hired a new AD with NO D1 or college football experience at all ??

Why would the PAC12 hire a new commish NO D1 or college football experience at all ??

you are plain wrong, Bobinski was at Notre Dame for years. you say he has no D1 or football experience at all? are you stupid?

Prior to that, Bobinski served as the associate and assistant business manager at the University of Notre Dame from 1984 to 1989.

Back