Wes Durham, Paul Johnson, and great 790 Coverage on NOW!

There is a big difference between this year and last year. Last year we had a coach that played not to lose. Get in position, keep it close and win with a field goal in the last few minutes. Very typical pro mind set. The problem with this is it rarely works in games with high emotional content. We were in position and kept it close most of the previous years but could not close the deal.

This year PJ plays to win period. We want to put teams away and beat the hell out of them. I have a very good feeling about this game. I honestly think we will win with our typical performance 350+ yards of rushing and 2+ turnovers by our defense. It is a very different feeling around this team.

My :twocents:
This series is 0 to 0.

The Paul Johnson era has nothing to do with the past.

Not to downplay anything that has been said, but I think the goal every year should be to beat UGA that last game. Recent history shows that if GT wins that last regular season game, then that is a pretty good measuring stick regarding how the season transpired as a whole.

Right now I agree. In 2-3 years, I want it to be a goal because it would flub up our MNC hopes to lose a game that late in the season.

I just hope we can watch our starters stay in the game late in the 4th quarter as PJ Pours it on. That is my dream result.

But if we are up big in the 4th quarter (I am not expecting this, but I am definitely praying for this) don't you think that we should take out the starters if we have ACCCG implications? I think it would look much better if we behave like we have been there before. If we try rub it in there face, it will be fun to watch, but it could introduce and injury that could cost us an ACC championship (that is assuming UVA beats VT, which is a major assumption).

Wow, I'm losing faith in this show quickly. Saying we're not as close to Georgia as people say we are because of the ATS? Just wow.

GT is 7-2 on the season. What is UGA, 1-6 ATS in their last 7? They think that doesn't show anything at all?

Clearly GT is much better than expected, and UGA is much worse. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

The question to me is whether the betting lines (e.g. the public's perceptions) have caught up yet with the actual ability of the teams compared to their preseason prospects.

But if we are up big in the 4th quarter (I am not expecting this, but I am definitely praying for this) don't you think that we should take out the starters if we have ACCCG implications? I think it would look much better if we behave like we have been there before. If we try rub it in there face, it will be fun to watch, but it could introduce and injury that could cost us an ACC championship (that is assuming UVA beats VT, which is a major assumption).
Not only that, but I want to see someone like Calvin Booker under center at the end of the game, and all the other seniors on this team. All the guys who haven't beaten UGA. Let them all bask in its glory.

If PJ wins this game (I say we beat them by 2 TD's) then Richt will never frickin' beat PJ again.

UGAy look like **** against KY's basic option and KY layed 38 on 'em. Oh, btw our defense is light years better than either UGAy's or KY's.

Back