Western Carolina

28-0 after one quarter. Wow.

Collins going to meet or exceed this?
We also gave up 21 points to the Catamounts in that game all in the 2nd quarter (looks like one score was a return of a blocked kick), so it wasn't exactly easy to watch. I'd be happy with a repeat of the final score, though.

Hands of steel. Had a penchant for getting up hurt after going to the ground without making the catch, as I recall…

JRjr
We beat UGAg at home if he manages to catch the damn ball at the end of the game (no, I am not talking the Bebe drop, before that)

We also gave up 21 points to the Catamounts in that game all in the 2nd quarter (looks like one score was a return of a blocked kick), so it wasn't exactly easy to watch. I'd be happy with a repeat of the final score, though.
This game was literally easy to watch. We had 650 yards of offense.

game is being re-broadcast on ACC Network right now (noon Thursday)

The closest WCU ever came to Tech in that game was 42-21, it was literally never in question

Let's break down the good, the bad, and the ugly from the win against Western Carolina.

The Good
The running game was very solid
The defense got three interceptions
The defense got four sacks
No blocked punt

The Bad

Western Carolina out-gained Georgia Tech
Western Carolina was 6-14 on third down
Georgia Tech still struggling kicking field goals
The offensive line was better, but not great

The Ugly
The defense giving up big plays
The passing game
Time of Possession

Overall, there are a lot of things to be concerned about with this team going into the coming weeks. The passing game and defense took big steps back and the offensive line is still shaky. Ole Miss awaits this weekend at Bobby Dodd for Georgia Tech

Let's break down the good, the bad, and the ugly from the win against Western Carolina.

The Good
The running game was very solid
The defense got three interceptions
The defense got four sacks
No blocked punt

The Bad

Western Carolina out-gained Georgia Tech
Western Carolina was 6-14 on third down
Georgia Tech still struggling kicking field goals
The offensive line was better, but not great

The Ugly
The defense giving up big plays
The passing game
Time of Possession

Overall, there are a lot of things to be concerned about with this team going into the coming weeks. The passing game and defense took big steps back and the offensive line is still shaky. Ole Miss awaits this weekend at Bobby Dodd for Georgia Tech

Giving up first downs by defensive penalty and by not containing the QB seems to be our forte this season. We look really good for a few plays then let the QB scramble for a first down AFTER we hit him in the backfield

I'm hoping having Charlie Thomas for a full game is the difference maker.

Back