What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

seriously doubt it.

there is a reason CPJ isn't coaching in the SEC. there is a reason that a big time program hasn't adopted this offense even after seeing it win a title.
you act like he invented it? not so fast, my friend!

want to make a long term wager? $100 cpj never HC in the SEC. wager valid until he retires or death.

When Chan bleepin Gailey was able to average 7 wins a year here, you think Saban could only win 6. Wtf...

now how would they have done 6 or 7 years ago? no telling.

Considering neither Saban nor Miles managed to win their conference or beat their rival (I left out Meyer, because Utah isn't an equivalent scenario), I would say pretty average.

you've seen these kids quoted in the ajc and youtube pressers. you've heard them on the radio. its no secret that it's easier to get in as a football player. in fact tell me how many per year aren't eligible for entrance? I understand its a hard school to keep everyone eligible but as far as entry goes you lost that argument once you let iman shumpert start posting status updates.

You're officially an idiot.

They would quit in three years, because they would not be able to get the studs they are used to getting.

Saban has only been "Sabanesque" at LSU and Bama. (Remember the Dolphins?) Meyer couldn't win a national championship at Utah; he needed the studs that Ron Zook left for him at UF.

It is similar to Phil Jackson coaching the Jordan/Pippen Bulls and then the Kobe/Shaq Lakers. He would not be "Phil Jackson" if he had coached Hawks or the T'wolves, because would not have had the players to win.

The question is what would Saban do with CPJ's team versus what would CPJ do with Saban's team? My guess is that CPJ would score more than 6 points against LSU, but Saban would win 6 games/season.

Don't try making a logical argument. Soupy is only interested in pushing his agenda.

Edit: Miles beat Oklahoma, so he had that going for him; my mistake.

you've seen these kids quoted in the ajc and youtube pressers. you've heard them on the radio. its no secret that it's easier to get in as a football player. in fact tell me how many per year aren't eligible for entrance? I understand its a hard school to keep everyone eligible but as far as entry goes you lost that argument once you let iman shumpert start posting status updates.

So your contention is that it is not more difficult with regards to academics for Tech to recruit football players than other schools such as UCLA and Arizona?

whats my agenda? i think it was stated earlier that i hope he goes 14-0 and has unlimited job security. i like his cockiness. for the most part i enjoy the option.

but i also think he needs to be on a warm seat.

and as for you calling me an idiot? good one dude. no proof. no stats. just name calling. congratulations you are THAT kid on the playground that calls someone a name then runs away.

So your contention is that it is not more difficult with regards to academics for Tech to recruit football players than other schools such as UCLA and Arizona?

just show me some stats where players have been rejected but then accepted to other FBS universities.

i am willing to bet they are few and far between.

for what it's worth i think UCLA is a pretty good academic school.

I like him - but I like whoever is coaching Georgia Tech and am never a fire the coach guy. I like his competitive nature and believe he understands Georgia Tech, wants to be here, and is committed to doing things the right way and competes hard to win every game. I like watching an option offense and actually am fine with our approach to defense. Special teams need work.

It was so much fun to watch his offense run by amazing athletes with size and speed like Dwyer, Nesbitt, Allen, Thomas and a beast like Morgan and a pro talent like Burnett on defense. He did a great job motivating another man's recruits and deserves high marks for the first two seasons.

The third and fourth seasons were truly transition seasons and were not as successful as the first two. Now we have his recruits on board and we are playing with a very different type of personnel. It remains to be seen whether or not we can win consistently against VPI, UGA but that would be the case no matter who is coaching.

Bottom line, I like CPJ and believe that if we enjoy him as our coach for many seasons to come we will have a lot of enjoyable Saturdays and successful seasons.

There definitely guys who we were recruiting that the Hill rejected. Whether they would have ended up signing here before that, who knows.

Considering neither Saban nor Miles managed to win their conference or beat their rival (I left out Meyer, because Utah isn't an equivalent scenario), I would say pretty average.

You're officially an idiot.

Don't try making a logical argument. Soupy is only interested in pushing his agenda.

Edit: Miles beat Oklahoma, so he had that going for him; my mistake.
Paranoid much? Soupy had great realistic points in this thread.

I think most interesting question is who picks up Monken? Can he make it into one of the premier 6 conferences in next 3 years?

whats my agenda? i think it was stated earlier that i hope he goes 14-0 and has unlimited job security. i like his cockiness. for the most part i enjoy the option.

but i also think he needs to be on a warm seat.

and as for you calling me an idiot? good one dude. no proof. no stats. just name calling. congratulations you are THAT kid on the playground that calls someone a name then runs away.

just show me some stats where players have been rejected but then accepted to other FBS universities.

i am willing to bet they are few and far between.

You can't be serious... How do Tech's admission standards compare to those set by the NCAA clearinghouse? How many JUCO transfers have we had? Hell, our first recruit from the 2012 class lost his spot due to academic eligibility: Link. You're talking out your ass here.

I think most interesting question is who picks up Monken? Can he make it into one of the premier 6 conferences in next 3 years?

cincy, wvu, syracuse, pitt, someone out west. service academies. he will have options. great coach. great results. they get rewarded.

You can't be serious... How do Tech's admission standards compare to those set by the NCAA clearinghouse? How many JUCO transfers have we had? Hell, our first recruit from the 2012 class lost his spot due to academic eligibility: Link You're talking out your ass here.

and even my ass makes more of an argument than you do.

I don't disagree with the point that we can do better; our line and QB development has been terrible over the past few seasons I disagree with the premise that Tech is on equal footing with the school's Soupy is using as a measuring stick. It's also clear that he knows nothing about the admission process used to grade athletes, and he is unwilling to look at the performance of coaches he's using for comparison outside the confines of their roles at football factories.

I don't disagree with the point that we can do better; our line and QB development has been terrible over the past few seasons I disagree with the premise that Tech is on equal footing with the school's Soupy is using as a measuring stick. It's also clear that he knows nothing about the admission process used to grade athletes, and he is unwilling to look at the performance of coaches he's using for comparison outside the confines of their roles at football factories.

who did i say we were on equal footing with?
who did i compare him to? the question was asked, i gave my opinion.
clearly someone didn't take a debate class.
paranoid much?

ps. you do realize nick saban got his job at a football factory by doing a great job at Michigan State, don't just look at their record and shrug. He took a team that was TERRIBLE before he got there that was under NCAA penalty and make them 9-2 within 4 years.

Are you feeding the troll? Or which points do you think were great and realistic?

ps. you do realize nick saban got his job at a football factory by doing a great job at Michigan State, don't just look at their record and shrug. He took a team that was TERRIBLE before he got there that was under NCAA penalty and make them 9-2 within 4 years.

It took Saban 5 seasons to break 7 wins (his first four seasons: 6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5, 6-6), and he improved MSU's W/L record by an average of one win per season in that time span (three seasons before Saban: 5–6, 6–6, 5–6). MSU also lost every bowl game during his coaching tenure. Conincidentally, wasn't Tech under sanctions from the O'Leary era when CPJ started? My point with the coaching comparisons, is that the evidence doesn't point to any big name coaches being more or less successful here given the constraints. If it's strictly your opinion that they would fare better, so be it.

Regarding the program comparisons, you're right; you didn't compare Tech to anyone. I incorrectly attributed the Beamer/VT comment to you, and merged that with your commentary that admissions weren't an issue.

It took Saban 5 seasons to break 7 wins (his first four seasons: 6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5, 6-6), and he improved MSU's W/L record by an average of one win per season in that time span (three seasons before Saban: 5–6, 6–6, 5–6). MSU also lost every bowl game during his coaching tenure. Conincidentally, wasn't Tech under sanctions from the O'Leary era when CPJ started? My point with the coaching comparisons, is that the evidence doesn't point to any big name coaches being any more or less successful here given the constraints. If it's strictly your opinion that they would fare better, so be it.

Regarding the program comparisons, you're right; you didn't compare Tech to anyone. I incorrectly attributed the Beamer/VT comment to you, and merged that with your commentary that admissions weren't an issue.

we are on the same team.

Back