What realistic hire would really excite you

Can somebody give me a reason why Brent Key wouldn't be a horrific hire? He was an absolute train wreck as an OC at UCF.
He coaches the best o'line in college football....and better than some in the pros.....he has relationships with high school programs that produce Alabama starters....and he is a former O line guy which makes him smarter than all the other positions.

Magic Wand:
HC: Scott Satterfield <-- Minimal offensive transitional pain while dumping the poor image of the flexbone
AHC and RC: Dell McGee <-- Neuter the dogs and immediately upgrade recruiting leaps and bounds
OC: George Godsey <-- The Friedgen coaching tree lives on and gets the "Tech man" crowd on board and bridges the gap of knowledge between now and Ross/O'Leary. Hell bring in Fridge as a consultant.
DC: Nate Woody <-- Continuity, ease of transition, did more for the defense than any of the others PJ tried
I like it

Is Gus Malzahn realistic if he gets bought out at Auburn? I think his offense provided a schematic advantage and the transition wouldn’t be so painful. I don’t know

8BC7C3A7-D85E-4E6E-A121-8C8C9CCDFD7E.jpeg

Geoff Collins from Temple will probably be a serious candidate. He started his coaching career here, and has had some success at Temple. However, it hasn't been as much rebuilding a program as it's been continuing the success Matt Rhule achieved.

Monken - a good choice to continue with the option offense. If he brought Bateman as DC that would really be nice.
Leach - who wouldn't like him? Surely Atlanta is preferable to Pullman.
Venables - Dabo would not be happy.
Whisenhunt - a reasonable choice if Tech ties are important
Houston - he has done well for an extended period of time at JMU
Hatcher - my actual favorite. He would have the best relationships with Georgia high school coaches of anyone we have had since Dodd
Ross - with Ralph and George as coordinators - a better nostalgic move than the one UNCheat made by a long shot
Who I don't want - Briles (Baylor's mess was embarrassing) and Kiffin (Mrs. Kiffin might be acceptable)
Damn, Chris Hatcher brought up again? This isn't 2008

It could be a genius hire or a train wreck. Does he have the connections to build a staff? We could take a massive step backwards if he were to struggle there. He seems like a great guy, but 2 seasons calling plays at Clemson isn't a long resume.

I want Monken.

But the haters would ööööing revolt if we hired him, so I'd almost rather we didn't because I don't want to listen to their lip.

So we're going to hire someone who runs the same spread offense as everyone else, win 3 games a year, become a ghost town, and by then the option haters will be burned from our fan base because they'll finally realize what idiots they were.

Then we hire Monken, but he only wins 6 a year because he's got to rebuild from nothing.

It could be a genius hire or a train wreck. Does he have the connections to build a staff? We could take a massive step backwards if he were to struggle there. He seems like a great guy, but 2 seasons calling plays at Clemson isn't a long resume.

Collins will either be great and leave for SEC by year 3 or be absolutely terrible but convince us he needs time to fix the CPJ “mess” and leave us in a terrible spot. He has not even been a solo OC. Does he even call plays?

There is one coach who has success as a head coach in georgia, has success recruiting in a difficult situation, has success running a unique offense that our personnel are suited for, will likely not be poached away by a team with bigger upside than us. It’s Jeff Monken.

Collins will either be great and leave for SEC by year 3 or be absolutely terrible but convince us he needs time to fix the CPJ “mess” and leave us in a terrible spot. He has not even been a solo OC. Does he even call plays?

There is one coach who has success as a head coach in georgia, has success recruiting in a difficult situation, has success running a unique offense that our personnel are suited for, will likely not be poached away by a team with bigger upside than us. It’s Jeff Monken.
Any coach that has three or four years of success will likely be hired away. That's the way of the world now. We should hire a coach that has a chance of having that success and then hire again when he is hired away. There are two choices: hire a guy that has no success and fire him in three or four years, or hire a guy who is successful and gets hired away in three or four years. Very few stay ten or twenty years these days.

Magic Wand:
HC: Scott Satterfield <-- Minimal offensive transitional pain while dumping the poor image of the flexbone
AHC and RC: Dell McGee <-- Neuter the dogs and immediately upgrade recruiting leaps and bounds
OC: George Godsey <-- The Friedgen coaching tree lives on and gets the "Tech man" crowd on board and bridges the gap of knowledge between now and Ross/O'Leary. Hell bring in Fridge as a consultant.
DC: Nate Woody <-- Continuity, ease of transition, did more for the defense than any of the others PJ tried
Sewak doesn't even make the list?

I want Monken.

But the haters would ööööing revolt if we hired him, so I'd almost rather we didn't because I don't want to listen to their lip.

So we're going to hire someone who runs the same spread offense as everyone else, win 3 games a year, become a ghost town, and by then the option haters will be burned from our fan base because they'll finally realize what idiots they were.

Then we hire Monken, but he only wins 6 a year because he's got to rebuild from nothing.

Monken would win an ACC Championship with someone else’s FBS level recruits.

Would he bring Entienne, Choice, and Lawrence with him?

Back