Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

Discussion in 'Football' started by BuzzLaw, Oct 12, 2019.

1. gtchief

gtchief ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loc:
    Alpharetta
    Team:
    GT
    I adjusted my expectations after I saw that we couldn't simply out-athlete The Citadel. And no, I don't need convincing that we would've won it with the triple option or a former coach. I know we would have. But running the triple option shouldn't have been necessary to beat an FCS squad with 22 less scholarships.

The rest of the season has fallen in line since that adjustment. The improvement to that baseline has been promising (last couple games show life) but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TampaBayJacket

TampaBayJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa Bay
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It's weird how some po
    You say bad coaching... I say bad players. I mean did you really expect to use triple option QBs, WRs and linemen in a standard offense and *not* get the results we have so far? A couple of our RBs have actually looked decent in the standard offense, though, so at least that is a pleasant surprise. Only time and recruiting can fix our current woes.

Please tell me, did you expect our QBs to magically turn into 60% completion QBs in a standard offense?

• Big Cry Big Cry x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. gtfan1147

gtfan1147 Dodd-Like

Virginia Tech or NC State on a short week. The team traveling on a Thursday 5 days after playing probably has a really hard time getting enough prep in. And State plays a much improved Louisville on 11/16.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SeppGT

SeppGT Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This is either one of the funniest troll posts in all of college football message boards, or you have a serious misunderstanding of Citadel and Temples talent levels.

What I see week in and week out is bad coaching, poor discipline, and a complete lack of motivation.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. joeye

joeye Varsity Connoisseur

Loc:
    Charlotte
    Team:
    GT
    My only coaching complaint is us not using a conventional under-center running package for short-yardage situations. What we do isn’t working, & it gets blown up quickly before the play can develop.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Olgoldandwhie

Olgoldandwhie Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    McRae, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    100%!

7. aeromech

aeromech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I must be delirious, I actually agree with BuzzFeltHimselfSystem about something. I think VPI is our best opportunity for a win of the games remaining.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aeromech

aeromech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is that really your only coaching complaint? I'm not ready to fire anyone yet; but I definitely got the OC on the hot seat in my mind. I just hope CGC doesn't make the mistake of hanging on to associates that need to be replaced; but it will take a few years to pass judgement on that. Year 1 is too soon to make a decision.

• Like Like x 4
  9. BigDanT

BigDanT In it to rustle the Jimmies

Loc:
    Lawrenceville
    Team:
    Yellow jackets
    I think we got a shot at Everyone besides georgia. Maybe that’s just my gold colored glasses.

10. johncu

johncu Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greenville, SC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    How many 60% completion QBs have we had since George Godsey? I'm thinking zero. Yet EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of our starting QBs made a bowl game.

If we're having to wait on Top 25 recruiting classes to be able to even be competitive, then we're exactly what I was afraid of. I'm not ready to accept that, though.

• Like Like x 5
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  11. atlanta jacket

atlanta jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    atlanta ga
    Team:
    georgia tech
    I will take the fifth on that question

12. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket A rare combination of humility and genius

Loc:
    Peanut gallery
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Let's be honest, it takes some pretty bad coaching to take an orange bowl champion and go 3-9... oh wait, that's not how things work? Teams change year to year?

We've got what, 3 seniors in our two deep? We're starting 2 walkons at OL. Our defense was bad last year and we're replacing most everybody on it. Calm the f down and accept the reality that expectations were low for a reason.

• Like Like x 7
  13. 33jacket

33jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    listen there is evidence for both sides of the arguments

An undisciplined poorly coached team isn't #3 in all the land in penalties. Ok. They just aren't. So something is ok and being coached right. Clearly there is some focus and detail and accountability. Same with turnovers. We are doing ok there really. All things considered.

By the same token, yeah there are times when you wonder WTF was that. But its often on execution. I saw some really good designed plays that we don't hit. Bad blocks, etc. Are the kids confused? Or just overmatched? or still learning...all of the above. Is it coaching? or what? Not sure we totally know yet. This is not an easy system to learn...the OL blocking calls and reads are complex presnap.

Defensively, the front 7 is starting to simply be worn down. In general we all have seen strides on D. Just not consistent and still when guys are in place they are missing on plays

• Like Like x 11
  14. coit

coit Posting at a high level

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    Not unless the defense gets back on track. They looked lost quite a few times yesterday, including the play where a simple dive went for 60 yards or something. We left a 10 foot wide gap in the line of scrimmage, that’s about as fundamental mistake as one can make.

Our DBs are getting beat because our DL can’t put any pressure on the QB. Gotta figure out how to get some blitzing going like we did in our first two games. Not sure what’s changed.

15. BigDanT

BigDanT In it to rustle the Jimmies

Loc:
    Lawrenceville
    Team:
    Yellow jackets
    Duke is the 3rd best team and offense we face all season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. GT98

GT98 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    parts unknown
    Any significant injuries contribute to the ‘15 debacle? The seasons around it suggest so.

17. coit

coit Posting at a high level

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    I think UNC has a better offense, but you might be right.

18. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket A rare combination of humility and genius

Loc:
    Peanut gallery
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I think you're right, but duke matched up better against us with a strong running game.

19. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    And significant injuries/attrition are contributing to this one, too. I think we have 4 guys left from one of our classes, 2016 maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Dodd-Like

Loc:
    My house
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We can’t even compete with P5 teams for a half. How about CGC shuts up about “improvement” until that happens?

We’re not just losing. We’re not tiring out because we lack bodies. We’re getting our doors blown off by half.

• Like Like x 4
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1