Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

Discussion in 'Football' started by BuzzLaw, Oct 12, 2019.

1. GTRules

GTRules Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Orlando
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    No, you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. tomknight

tomknight Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Team:
    Jackets
    they didn't make them 2 of the last 4 years

3. knoxjacket

knoxjacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Middle TN
    Team:
    The Georgia Institute of Technology Yellow Jackets
    We made bowls with amazing defenses (Gailey) a great equalizer on offense (Johnson). We have a 3-9 to 7-6 quality triple option roster trying to run a different offense. This result is not surprising.

How many post 2009 teams do you think make a bowl running anything other than the 3O with the same roster? Maybe 2?

We havy navy talent trying to run Oklahoma’s offense. IIWII.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  4. OptionJacket

OptionJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Albany
    Team:
    GT
    We aren’t winning another game because we don’t have an offensive or defensive line good enough to win. It’s not the coaching, or DB’s, or RB’s, or QB’s. We are watching a car with no tires and then wondering why it doesn’t move.

And if you haven’t seen hope for the future, we have our first QB since Joe Ham who can do it all - stand in the pocket and complete a pass while taking a lick, has a cannon, and can move the chains with his legs. We saw all of that yesterday. Not consistently because he’s a freshman and our OLine gave him no time. We also have ballers at WR. Brown is the best pure receiver we’ve had since Bebe. That over the shoulder the catch was beautiful and for a second I thought I was watching Oklahomas’s offense. Knight is going to be stud at LB. Our RB’s are a solid group.

And just on recruiting alone, you should have hope. Collins got several ballers in the short window he had after getting hired. And this current class he is putting together is legit. To believe their is no hope is ridiculous. We have more hope than most teams in the ACC. We may not win another game in 2019, but Collins will get us players. He’s done it before and I kinda liked Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, etc.

• Like Like x 5
  5. beej67

beej67 new around here

Loc:
    the smouldering hellscape of east cobb
    Team:
    GT
    The truth is we never should have beaten South Florida. It took basically a miracle of turnovers and penalties all aligning up for us to even with that game. So thinking we can beat another ACC team with a miracle of turnovers and penalties on our side means you think someone left in the ACC Coastal is as bad as South Florida.

South Florida has an RPI of 82. BC has an 89, but they're not in our division. Miami is a 70.

We are a 130 btw.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings_Full.html

So we would need a bigger miracle than we got against USF to beat Miami, and there's no hope vs anyone else.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  6. FHstinger

FHstinger Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Canton, GA
    Team:
    My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.
    Why should CGC shut up about "improvement?" He knows there is no improvement, but does not care. The 404 culture man is laughing all the way to the bank with his seven year contract while sipping on his cherry coke in a styrofoam Waffle House cup. The announcers for the Duke game yesterday verified this pre-game by saying "you'd never know Coach Collins is 1-4 the way he's always smiling and upbeat".

Stupidsbury didn't do his homework. Matt Rhule is the reason Temple is good. Soon Tech will become the laughing stock of the ACC. We did get a really, really good snake oil salesman though, loaded with plenty of energy and enthusiasm every single day...

• Big Cry Big Cry x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. GTRules

GTRules Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Orlando
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Lol.

8. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    Lol...Matt Rhule went 1-11 in his first season at Baylor, with losses to powerhouses like Liberty and UT San Antonio. That was coming off a Baylor bowl win the season before. I’m glad the Baylor fans didn’t overreact, considering they’re now 6-0 and a top 25 team 2 years later.

• Like Like x 7
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  9. gtchief

gtchief ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loc:
    Alpharetta
    Team:
    GT
    [​IMG]

10. johncu

johncu Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greenville, SC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Our "triple option offense" players did fine yesterday. Our receivers got separation, the running backs broke tackles and caught the ball, and Graham passed better than we have been. Even the line was respectable for much of the day. I was okay with our offensive performance and think that some of the talent we have is starting to show.

OTOH, our defense that is at least as talented as Duke's offense, got abused. That's got nothing to do with the option. We got outcoached all day.

And no, we don't have Navy talent. Let's please stop with that. In any given year, Navy has only a couple 3 star players. Our lowest recruited players are generally on par with Navy's best.

• Like Like x 5
  11. pianoman

pianoman Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Suwanee ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'm still hopeful CGC will grow into the job, be a great recruiter and sort out whatever staff issues he has.
    Having said all that, what drives me a little crazy are these deals we cut with coaches. GT takes all the risk if it doesn't work out - deals none of us would want to do in our professional/business lives.
    If CGC so fervently wanted the job and a chance to HC at P5 level for the first time, could we just not hire him with some performance incentives?
    He's going to come out pretty wealthy regardless of whether he wins anything at all, a huge bonanza after only two years HC experience, not at P5 level.
    I just see a pattern here with GTAA contracting/hiring decisions. Feel free to correct me...maybe I'm missing something. Maybe the arms race drives schools to do stupid things, who knows.

• Like Like x 4
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 2
  12. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Zip, zero, nada.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Yes, we have a history of stupidity in the hiring arena. We can't compete in the arms race. We have to be smarter, big picture stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Given the nature of the routes run in a 'standard offense', why not? Under CPJ it was all 'go deep and out run your single coverage.' In a 'standard offense' we're supposed to get more crossing routes and curls and screens, all of which are shorter throws under less pressure – so of course the completion rate should go up significantly. No magic needed.

15. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    During last week's presser, I was disappointed that after CGC agreed with Kelly that we'd had really bad luck in our losses, he disagreed when Kelly said we'd gotten lucky with the goal-line fumble against USF – CGC interrupted to say we'd earned that turnover. You can't have it both ways.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vespidie

Vespidie Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Undisclosed
    Team:
    GT
    Let me throw a monkey into the wrench for a moment, and I know it may sound crazy by ST standards, but maybe the staff actually realizes that there really are shortcomings that can't be overcome with the current roster as it is, and they are actually evaluating guys in live game action.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TampaBayJacket

TampaBayJacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa Bay
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Except you still need a competent QB, competent receivers and an OL that can effectively pass block. I see none of these elements. I do agree coaching doesn't seem to adapt well to the talent we do have but that would probably involve running the veer again.

Anyway, we can argue this until we're blue in the face and never agree. My point is if this were so easy to transition from TO to standard offense, then why did every football analyst in the nation pick us to be horrible this year? The answer is because it is an extremely hard and ugly transition. Anybody who can't forgive this year is just too much of a PJ homer.

18. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Shangri La
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    we've got another OFF week coming up. We'll definitely beat that.

19. Vespidie

Vespidie Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    Undisclosed
    Team:
    GT
    Regarding Temple, last I saw was they are 5-1, 2 of their wins coming against Top 25 teams at the time. Someone was partially responsible for getting Temple's talent level to a point where they had the talent to defeat those ranked foes. :crazy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  20. thegtstunner08

thegtstunner08 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Did you really expect a bowl season this year? You have unrealistic expectations if you do. The offensive line is trying to pass block when they average 270 lbs! That's on PJ. Love him and appreciate what he did but these are his players. It's going to take a few years to be competitive. Plain and simple. Sit back and enjoy uga chocking as usual. It's going to be ok.