Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I would like to think fletch is trolling but I have a feeling he is not.
I adjusted my expectations after I saw that we couldn't simply out-athlete The Citadel. And no, I don't need convincing that we would've won it with the triple option or a former coach. I know we would have. But running the triple option shouldn't have been necessary to beat an FCS squad with 22 less scholarships.

The rest of the season has fallen in line since that adjustment. The improvement to that baseline has been promising (last couple games show life) but it is what it is.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
It's weird how some po
Lets be honest It takes some pretty bad coaching to take a bowl team and turn around and lose to an 0-2 FCS program. The only conclusion from this season thus far is that the coaching staff, and especially coach Collins, are not yet up to this job. They may grow into it. This is what worried me from day one about Coach Collins and all the social media hype. He’s had two seasons as a HC and let’s be honest, there isn’t much track record there (it’s Temple!) so the hyperbole always felt forced and compensating for a lack of substance. Now he has to turn it down, get to basics and try to build credibility. I’m not optimistic. The sales pitch was the hype would lead to better talent, but who’s hyped to come hear now, and what if we win 0-1 more from here on?

Final thoughts... you wanna change the culture? JUST WIN BABY! That being said what I am watching is awful coaching performance week in and week out. No one expected GT to be that good ( 3-4 wins) But the Jackets aren't getting any better. Each time GT seems to move forward in one area it regresses in another.
You say bad coaching... I say bad players. I mean did you really expect to use triple option QBs, WRs and linemen in a standard offense and *not* get the results we have so far? A couple of our RBs have actually looked decent in the standard offense, though, so at least that is a pleasant surprise. Only time and recruiting can fix our current woes.

Please tell me, did you expect our QBs to magically turn into 60% completion QBs in a standard offense?

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Virginia Tech or NC State on a short week. The team traveling on a Thursday 5 days after playing probably has a really hard time getting enough prep in. And State plays a much improved Louisville on 11/16.

SeppGT

Varsity Lurker
I'm confident of 3 things:
1. Nick Saban could not win more than 2 games on our schedule considering the talent on the roster, the transition, and the injuries. You cannot win football games at the HS or CFB level starting Freshmen and Sophomores.
This is either one of the funniest troll posts in all of college football message boards, or you have a serious misunderstanding of Citadel and Temples talent levels.

What I see week in and week out is bad coaching, poor discipline, and a complete lack of motivation.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
My only coaching complaint is us not using a conventional under-center running package for short-yardage situations. What we do isn’t working, & it gets blown up quickly before the play can develop.
Is that really your only coaching complaint? I'm not ready to fire anyone yet; but I definitely got the OC on the hot seat in my mind. I just hope CGC doesn't make the mistake of hanging on to associates that need to be replaced; but it will take a few years to pass judgement on that. Year 1 is too soon to make a decision.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I think we got a shot at Everyone besides georgia. Maybe that’s just my gold colored glasses.

johncu

Dodd-Like
It's weird how some po

You say bad coaching... I say bad players. I mean did you really expect to use triple option QBs, WRs and linemen in a standard offense and *not* get the results we have so far? A couple of our RBs have actually looked decent in the standard offense, though, so at least that is a pleasant surprise. Only time and recruiting can fix our current woes.

Please tell me, did you expect our QBs to magically turn into 60% completion QBs in a standard offense?
How many 60% completion QBs have we had since George Godsey? I'm thinking zero. Yet EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of our starting QBs made a bowl game.

If we're having to wait on Top 25 recruiting classes to be able to even be competitive, then we're exactly what I was afraid of. I'm not ready to accept that, though.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Lets be honest It takes some pretty bad coaching to take a bowl team and turn around and lose to an 0-2 FCS program. The only conclusion from this season thus far is that the coaching staff, and especially coach Collins, are not yet up to this job. They may grow into it. This is what worried me from day one about Coach Collins and all the social media hype. He’s had two seasons as a HC and let’s be honest, there isn’t much track record there (it’s Temple!) so the hyperbole always felt forced and compensating for a lack of substance. Now he has to turn it down, get to basics and try to build credibility. I’m not optimistic. The sales pitch was the hype would lead to better talent, but who’s hyped to come hear now, and what if we win 0-1 more from here on?

Final thoughts... you wanna change the culture? JUST WIN BABY! That being said what I am watching is awful coaching performance week in and week out. No one expected GT to be that good ( 3-4 wins) But the Jackets aren't getting any better. Each time GT seems to move forward in one area it regresses in another.
Let's be honest, it takes some pretty bad coaching to take an orange bowl champion and go 3-9... oh wait, that's not how things work? Teams change year to year?

We've got what, 3 seniors in our two deep? We're starting 2 walkons at OL. Our defense was bad last year and we're replacing most everybody on it. Calm the f down and accept the reality that expectations were low for a reason.

33jacket

Dodd-Like
listen there is evidence for both sides of the arguments

An undisciplined poorly coached team isn't #3 in all the land in penalties. Ok. They just aren't. So something is ok and being coached right. Clearly there is some focus and detail and accountability. Same with turnovers. We are doing ok there really. All things considered.

By the same token, yeah there are times when you wonder WTF was that. But its often on execution. I saw some really good designed plays that we don't hit. Bad blocks, etc. Are the kids confused? Or just overmatched? or still learning...all of the above. Is it coaching? or what? Not sure we totally know yet. This is not an easy system to learn...the OL blocking calls and reads are complex presnap.

Defensively, the front 7 is starting to simply be worn down. In general we all have seen strides on D. Just not consistent and still when guys are in place they are missing on plays

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I think we got a shot at Everyone besides georgia. Maybe that’s just my gold colored glasses.
Not unless the defense gets back on track. They looked lost quite a few times yesterday, including the play where a simple dive went for 60 yards or something. We left a 10 foot wide gap in the line of scrimmage, that’s about as fundamental mistake as one can make.

Our DBs are getting beat because our DL can’t put any pressure on the QB. Gotta figure out how to get some blitzing going like we did in our first two games. Not sure what’s changed.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Not unless the defense gets back on track. They looked lost quite a few times yesterday, including the play where a simple dive went for 60 yards or something. We left a 10 foot wide gap in the line of scrimmage, that’s about as fundamental mistake as one can make.

Our DBs are getting beat because our DL can’t put any pressure on the QB. Gotta figure out how to get some blitzing going like we did in our first two games. Not sure what’s changed.
Duke is the 3rd best team and offense we face all season.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Let's be honest, it takes some pretty bad coaching to take an orange bowl champion and go 3-9... oh wait, that's not how things work? Teams change year to year?
Any significant injuries contribute to the ‘15 debacle? The seasons around it suggest so.