Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Why don't you take a look at what our high powered offense did last year against Duke at home.... I guess your opinion is we should've fired CPJ right then as well, right? I mean, sure we had fumbles but you don't lose games like that if you have good coaches.
Paul Johnson quit. He's gone. He's out of this conversation for everybody but Beej.

Patenaude hasn't quit yet. I wish he would, because he's not a good fit for my school. I realize we're stuck with Collins for a few years. I think he's also going to be a big fat bust. I'd love to be wrong. But we ain't stuck with Patenaude. We can fire his ass.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Paul Johnson quit. He's gone. He's out of this conversation for everybody but Beej.

Patenaude hasn't quit yet. I wish he would, because he's not a good fit for my school. I realize we're stuck with Collins for a few years. I think he's also going to be a big fat bust. I'd love to be wrong. But we ain't stuck with Patenaude. We can fire his ass.
I know PJ quit. My point is I bet you weren't spouting off this diarrhea of the mouth this time last year when we were 3-4 (1-3ACC) with our wins coming against Alcorn St., Bowling Green, and a putrid Louisville team finished 2-10. We looked worse against Duke last year with more experience on both sides of the ball and 10 years into that offense. Yet, I don't recall you bashing the staff every week and demanding that we fire anybody.

The whole damn point is you don't have enough data to make that assumption about Patenaude yet. Give the man time and a fair shake. You still have yet to provide any specifics as to why he should be gone after one half of a transitional season with an inexperienced roster. I'm not arguing that nobody could've done better, and I'm not arguing that whoever else we could have hired would be doing as bad. But the fact of the matter is with the current state of our team overall as far as talent and experience (and not just in this style offense, but overall experience even), it is extremely plausable that ANY coach could have come in and results not be any different to this point. Going forward in year 2 and 3 is where we will see. You're just being obtuse and ignorant blaming the OC.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ

Why do people say Johnson "quit" instead of "retired"? What makes it quitting and not retiring?

No one says Michael Jordan quit three times.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Then he'd be coming out of retirement.

He's taking at least a year off from coaching. That's retirement.

It'd be quitting if he stopped coaching at Tech then immediately took a job somewhere else
I've quit jobs before without something else immediately lined up. I didn't call it "retirement". But IIWII. Quit/Retired/ööööed-off. Don't matter.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Because I low-key expect Johnson to pick up a job as an OC somewhere and keep coaching.
If he does, watch the commits start to jump ship from whatever program that may be. Not a knock on CPJ at all, but it's been blatantly and publicly stated by recruits and high school coaches that recruits simply do not want to play in that offense.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I got news for you chief, we ain't going 5-7 no matter what. You can just pick that öööö up off the table right now.

This is the worst team in the entire country. Worst. And it's not the worst talent, so you tell me where the problem is.
I did not say we would go 5-7. I would rather go 1-11 if that allows us to evaluate and develop players for the future. Coach Collins will be here for a while. You need to calm down and see what happens. We definitely have the least talent on the offensive and defensive line of any P5 team. I am not aware of any other P5 team that starts multiple walk ons on the offensive line.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
I did not say we would go 5-7. I would rather go 1-11 if that allows us to evaluate and develop players for the future. Coach Collins will be here for a while. You need to calm down and see what happens. We definitely have the least talent on the offensive and defensive line of any P5 team. I am not aware of any other P5 team that starts multiple walk ons on the offensive line.
Do we have less talent than an FCS school?

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Why do people say Johnson "quit" instead of "retired"? What makes it quitting and not retiring?

No one says Michael Jordan quit three times.
He had some years left on his contract, although possibly with a "retirement" clause. I think leaving before your contract expires, with a month of notice, and a recruiting class not being aware a coaching change was coming, can fairly be called quitting.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Do we have less talent than an FCS school?
You keep bringing this up like it's the be-all end-all of football. No we do not have less talent than an FCS school, but you'd be surprised at how close were are to them on the lines of scrimmage right now. That plus the transition you are being ridiculous not understanding how significant that is.

In 2015 USCe lost to Citadel. South Carolina was #22 in 247 composite team talent.
Portland State beat Washington State that year. Do you think Mike Leach is a crappy coach? It happened to him again the next season by Eastern Washington. It took the perfect storm of everything to go wrong that day for us to lose.

Ish

Dodd-Like
You keep bringing this up like it's the be-all end-all of football. No we do not have less talent than an FCS school, but you'd be surprised at how close were are to them on the lines of scrimmage right now. That plus the transition you are being ridiculous not understanding how significant that is.

In 2015 USCe lost to Citadel. South Carolina was #22 in 247 composite team talent.
Portland State beat Washington State that year. Do you think Mike Leach is a crappy coach? It happened to him again the next season by Eastern Washington. It took the perfect storm of everything to go wrong that day for us to lose.
Right, and CPJ's best Tech team ever (2014) damn near lost to Georgia Southern.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
It took the perfect storm of everything to go wrong that day for us to lose.
What ööööing game were you watching? We looked like crap against the Citadel. We looked like crap against USF. We have looked like crap all season long. Unless that perfect storm was lazy coaching and lazy playing and an asshole sitting in the box with his feet up calling plays.

Tech deserved to lose to the Citadel. There wasn't a perfect storm or a bunch of unfortunate events.

But hIsToRiC TrAnSfOrMaTiOn. Our coaching this season is clown shoes L round.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
What ööööing game were you watching? We looked like crap against the Citadel. We looked like crap against USF. We have looked like crap all season long. Unless that perfect storm was lazy coaching and lazy playing and an asshole sitting in the box with his feet up calling plays.

Tech deserved to lose to the Citadel. There wasn't a perfect storm or a bunch of unfortunate events.

But hIsToRiC TrAnSfOrMaTiOn. Our coaching this season is clown shoes L round.
Then why are you still here? The coaches aren't going anywhere for a while and if they're really that bad then what's the point of caring about it all since it's hopeless then? Is it that you won't be satisfied unless everyone here agrees with you on how bad our coaches are?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Fake news. Take a look at the offers from our defensive starters:
Swilling: Bama, LSU, Michigan, etc.
Walton: Vandy only P5 offer
J. Thomas: Florida, Auburn, Miss St, etc.
Carpenter: UCF was best offer
Curry: Stole him from UVA
C. Thomas: Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St, etc.
Oliver: USCe, Ole Miss, Miss St, etc.
Dawson: WVU, Kentucky, Purdue etc.
Owens: NC St, Miss St, Kentucky etc.
Martin: Kentucky, BC
Chimedza: FSU, UGA, Oregon, etc.

Several impressive offer lists, and the only guy who didn't have another P5 offer is probably one of our best players. The FCS talent meme is a lie, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We're definitely recruiting better now, but our recruiting wasn't terrible before. It was mediocre, but as good or better than every team we've played so far except Clemson.
Our dudes In the trenches are a lot smaller than most of our competitions dudes in the trenches.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Then why are you still here? The coaches aren't going anywhere for a while and if they're really that bad then what's the point of caring about it all since it's hopeless then? Is it that you won't be satisfied unless everyone here agrees with you on how bad our coaches are?
Because I went to Georgia Tech. What other team would I root for?

18in32

Petard Hoister
Except you still need a competent QB, competent receivers and an OL that can effectively pass block. I see none of these elements. I do agree coaching doesn't seem to adapt well to the talent we do have but that would probably involve running the veer again.
However incompetent all of our players are, it is easier for my adolescent son to throw a short pass than a long pass. So of course we should be completing them at a higher rate. Just how high? I don't know!
Anyway, we can argue this until we're blue in the face and never agree. My point is if this were so easy to transition from TO to standard offense, then why did every football analyst in the nation pick us to be horrible this year? The answer is because it is an extremely hard and ugly transition. Anybody who can't forgive this year is just too much of a PJ homer.
I don't really know how most football analysts do their jobs... But I know that they usually underestimate Tech. 2008 is another famous example... if we had all this NFL talent on the roster which deserves credit for the strong year that year, why did every football analyst in the nation miss it?

Who knows? Who cares? I just know I'm watching some really, really ugly football right now. I'm not willing to give anyone a pass for it – and most certainly not the head coach! I'm also not arguing for his firing (not by a long long long shot!). But he deserves the criticism he's getting. We look like crap.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
@aeromech why do you dislike these posts? Do you honestly believe all those players on that list could've gone to any of those schools listed by their name? If you do, then my friend you are truly delusional about the world of recruiting.
I dislike your post because the someone argues that all of our players never get offers from other P5 schools. So someone posts the offer sheets for those players showing they do have offers from other schools and then you move the goal posts with some herp derp about 'well those offers don't count and aren't real'. Can you post something to back up your claim or are we all just supposed to take your word for it?