Will We Be Top 25 This Season?

That’s a weird way to look at it. Clemson is the only team in the conference that would have a guaranteed win on this ACC schedule if it were played under normal circumstances. With quarantining protocols there isn’t a single one on the schedule for any team.

We knocked off Miami on the road last year for crying out loud.

I don't see where the two wins are gonna come from, but I'm sure we'll get them. What's weird about that?

I don't see where the two wins are gonna come from, but I'm sure we'll get them. What's weird about that?

What’s weird about it is exactly what I said is weird about it. Louisville can look at their schedule and not see a guaranteed win either. But that’s not a justification for wondering if they’ll get 2 wins.

You left off 'fans'.

Whattaya mean? I can armchair quarterback with the best of them. OK, fans too I guess. On that Athlon article where they quote opposing coaches one of them flatly said that (paraphrasing here) "Tech can't run the ball and turns it over too much. Fix those two things and they will win more games." May have been the same guy that was zinging Miami in the comments: "Losing to that Georgia Tech team was inexcusable" I don't know about that. Miami was doing what Miami always does: underachieve and do less with more talent than any team in the ACC.

What’s weird about it is exactly what I said is weird about it. Louisville can look at their schedule and not see a guaranteed win either. But that’s not a justification for wondering if they’ll get 2 wins.

Whatever. I don't consider routine things "weird."

Why not by game 1. I have a problem when you go through camp and not know your best players. This not having a starter until game four, five, or six is for the birds. If one can’t separate, we have an even bigger problem down the road.
I agree. We should go with the best freshman. We need to do what is best for the future.

I see no indication that Graham or Yates is the next Joe Hamilton or Russell Wilson. The comparisons to Perkins at Virginia are not valid since he is 6 foot three.

Why not by game 1. I have a problem when you go through camp and not know your best players. This not having a starter until game four, five, or six is for the birds. If one can’t separate, we have an even bigger problem down the road.
Because I think it will take a few games for them to acclimate to speed of the game such that their abilities show. Game 1 they will not appear as the best option. This all depends on one of them getting some game time though.

Agree. If we don't put our best 22 on the field in Tallahassee we are likely to get blown out. Then all the recruiting hype and improvement talk goes down the drain. This "competition is king" mantra needs to be real with the best players winning starting roles. We have a game in 3 weeks.

Because I think it will take a few games for them to acclimate to speed of the game such that their abilities show. Game 1 they will not appear as the best option. This all depends on one of them getting some game time though.
Who is faster, us or FSU? Who is bigger, us or FSU?

Back to the Top 25 question? How many teams are left and when will they quit ranking teams fro the PAC and Big?

Trevor Lawrence didn’t start til game 3 of his freshman year, and they won the natty. Things do not become static at the end of camp. They evolve, and the intra-squad competition continues throughout the season. Competition is King.

Trevor Lawrence didn’t start til game 3 of his freshman year, and they won the natty. Things do not become static at the end of camp. They evolve, and the intra-squad competition continues throughout the season. Competition is King.

Well said.

Coaches poll left out teams not playing. AP did not do that as of Aug 24th.

26th in coaches, c'mon man

Not surprising. It was an impressive win to Tech fans, but outsiders see it as an upset over a pitiful FSU team that won't win many other games. Beat UCF and we're in. Beat UCF and Syracuse and we're definitely in.

Back