Wish List

My favorite thing about these dark hours is when otherwise intelligent human beings forget that when you hire a head coach, their previous win-loss record isn't something they bring along with them and install like an offensive system or a coaching staff.

"Now you tell me.'
- Nebraska

Jim Mora jr.
* knows Atlanta
* knows pro style
* head coaching experience at the FBS P5 level
* not eligible for social security yet

no I am not serious

I'm pretty sure the Hill and Petersen will nix that along with Stansbury if he brings that recommendation to them.

Don’t think it would ever happen, but only because of influences outside Peterson.

Peterson is in no position to judge the credibility / ethics of anyone else considering the thieves he has let loose on the taxpayers.

He needs to wise up to how helpful a strong AA can help the school he is allowing to receive black eyes in so many areas.

I want a coach that has been successful, as a player and as a coach. I want a coach that recruits will love to play for. I want a coach that has won national championships. And I want a coach that finds great joy in kicking Georgia's ass on the regular.

I want Steve Spurrier.

We had our chance, but we had to hire a pompous azz GT man.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Yet it's the best indicator the world's got.
The world outside of campus, perhaps. But even then, I don't know that you can call it a good indicator on the college level.

I know we're in "öööö it" mode, but Lane Kiffin would be an embarrassing hire:

He was 5-15 at the Raiders before getting fired 1.5 years in.
He was 7-6 at Tennessee before bolting for USC.
He lasted 3.5 years at USC before getting left by the team bus.
He was such a douche as OC at Bama that they asked him to leave BEFORE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
And now he's had ONE good season at FAU and people want him again.

WTF? Even outside of being a potential embarrassment to the program, he hasn't done anything of note at all except get fired midseason by 3 of his 4 previous coaching jobs.

I know we're in "öööö it" mode, but Lane Kiffin would be an embarrassing hire:

He was 5-15 at the Raiders before getting fired 1.5 years in.
He was 7-6 at Tennessee before bolting for USC.
He lasted 3.5 years at USC before getting left by the team bus.
He was such a douche as OC at Bama that they asked him to leave BEFORE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
And now he's had ONE good season at FAU and people want him again.

WTF? Even outside of being a potential embarrassment to the program, he hasn't done anything of note at all except get fired midseason by 3 of his 4 previous coaching jobs.
For the record, he was 7-6 in 1 year at TN including a bowl game, his 3 and a half years at USC were 8-5 , 10-2, 7-6 and 3.2 in a half season. At Florida Atlantic he was 11-3 and this year is 2.1 His offenses at Al were some of Sabans best.

For the record, he was 7-6 in 1 year at TN including a bowl game, his 3 and a half years at USC were 8-5 , 10-2, 7-6 and 3.2 in a half season. At Florida Atlantic he was 11-3 and this year is 2.1 His offenses at Al were some of Sabans best.

His only bowl win was beating Akron in the Boca Raton Bowl.

The person a lot of you are describing aounds a lot like derek ööööing Dooley. At this point, I'm cool with being done with cpj(provided some miracle doesnt happen with our season), but after firing CPJ(and given our finances) are we gonna be in the same place as tennessee (or worse)? because offering some G5 or FCS guy that is unproven could have a high possibility of not working out; it has a great potential to be the Georgia Techs version of firing Fulmer.
Don't over think "what might happen" if we fire PJ. It can't be any worse than what's going on now! Think of johnson going out to recruit for 2019 . That situation will be worse than it has been the past few few years.

Woody might be a good alternative without it getting too messy. He could also promote one of his assistants to DC as he figures out his offense.

any thoughts on Ryan Day? He's managed to keep OSU intact with all the Meyer circus....Ton of talent at OSU- but he's kept them focused and 3-0 start during all the commotion.

Back