Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Routinely huh? How many games did we run 30+ QB carries prior to Taquon becoming qb? Nesbitt had 1. Tevin had 1. Vad Lee had 0, and Justin Thomas had 0. Taquon was a ööööty running back converted to qb, its not surprising that's all he could do, but it was far from par for the course like you want to believe. Newsflash retard, all offenses suck when you don't have a qb worth a damn.

Oh and btw, we won both of those games, but I'm sure you remembered that differently too.

Thanks for pointing out another shortcoming: Even after the magical 2014 OB season, PJ couldn't find a decent QB for the next 4 years and really only found 1 truly good QB his entire time here in JT.

Army is your example lol
Im not advocating a return to the 3O but any one questioning Army is ignorant. Last year Army throttled Ga. State, lost by 6 to Wisconsin on the road, dropped 56 on Wake Forest and beat Missouri in their bowl game. In previous years they lost by three at a number 7 Michigan and took number 5 Oklahoma to OT. Army runs the perfect offense for a small school that has academic recruiting challenges. Navy has shown similar results.

Thanks for pointing out another shortcoming: Even after the magical 2014 OB season, PJ couldn't find a decent QB for the next 4 years and really only found 1 truly good QB his entire time here in JT.
what a pathetic, whiny little bitch you are. I hear 5th st bridge is hiring jumpers, you should apply.

Im not advocating a return to the 3O but any one questioning Army is ignorant. Last year Army throttled Ga. State, lost by 6 to Wisconsin on the road, dropped 56 on Wake Forest and beat Missouri in their bowl game. In previous years they lost by three at a number 7 Michigan and took number 5 Oklahoma to OT. Army runs the perfect offense for a small school that has academic recruiting challenges. Navy has shown similar results.
Shhh, you're making the fanboi's nervous with all the 3O talk. They got an inferiority complex because in 3 seasons against the weakest competition GT has ever faced in the modern era they haven't been able to be better than the 3rd worst record in the last 40 years. They got it this year though, Mark it down, 4 wins coming your way: 2+2 in '22 thrilling the 404!

That 2009 Orange bowl likely doesn't happen in the current environment. No way you could convince me that we wouldn't have seen a mass exodus of talent when Paul Johnson was hired under the current transfer rules. Players like a BayBay Thomas and Jon Dwyer would have been out of here so fast if they didn't have to sit. They had their eyes on the league and didn't want to take a year off... rather they just played out 2 seasons in the 3-O then jumped early.

Also, the returns were becoming less and less as time went on. The last few seasons were flat bad. The talent gap versus Clemson and UGA had become extreme. They physically dominated us the final few seasons under CPJ.

That 2009 Orange bowl likely doesn't happen in the current environment. No way you could convince me that we wouldn't have seen a mass exodus of talent when Paul Johnson was hired under the current transfer rules. Players like a BayBay Thomas and Jon Dwyer would have been out of here so fast if they didn't have to sit. They had their eyes on the league and didn't want to take a year off... rather they just played out 2 seasons in the 3-O then jumped early.

Also, the returns were becoming less and less as time went on. The last few seasons were flat bad. The talent gap versus Clemson and UGA had become extreme. They physically dominated us the final few seasons under CPJ.
Good thing we've closed the gap on Clemson and UGA under CGC.:facepalm:

Agree with the first paragraph, although Dwyer and Thomas most likely hurt their draft status playing in a conventional offense. Thomas got to show some ridiculous skills in single coverage and Dwyer would not have looked as effective in a conventional offense his last year once the meds he was on started packing on the weight.

As for Clemson and uga, they clearly separated themselves from everyone the past few years. The gap between uga and the rest of the east+auburn is pretty clear.

No use wondering about the TO, though. It’s not coming back except in it’s shotgun spread form.

Again, why is there perpetual 3O arguing? I appreciate CPJ and he's a football genius, but the 3O is NOT coming back to the flats anytime soon, if ever. All these 3O threads/posts are a waste of time.
What do you think is happening on stingtalk that isn't a waste of time? Nothing comes out of 99.9% of the discussions on this or any board, they are all pointless entertainment.

Yates should have been starting from day one over Sims. Sims has shown nothing consistently, accomplished nothing, and did not look good in the spring game. As a day one starter it is not hard to think Yates would have been one of the top QB's in the ACC going into this upcoming season. But, the used car saleman though otherwise. Hopefully, Wenke can turn Sims into that upper level ACC QB as a total package that can run and PASS.
Yates was slow and had a weaker arm. I have no idea why you guys were so adamant he was a FBS QB.

Again, why is there perpetual 3O arguing? I appreciate CPJ and he's a football genius, but the 3O is NOT coming back to the flats anytime soon, if ever. All these 3O threads/posts are a waste of time.

And yet here you are...

The whole point is that it can work here, it has recently worked here, and as we're currently doing things that aren't remotely working we shouldn't shun something proven just because it's not trendy.

Yates was slow and had a weaker arm. I have no idea why you guys were so adamant he was a FBS QB.
Yates was so good, once he got in the portal he had to beat folks away from his door trying to sign him so that he could play for Sam Houston. Don't get me wrong I like Yates, appreciate everything he did for GT, but some folks putting him on an imaginary pedestal.

And yet here you are...

The whole point is that it can work here, it has recently worked here, and as we're currently doing things that aren't remotely working we shouldn't shun something proven just because it's not trendy.
I am here....in a thread about Yates leaving, not 3O. The whole point is that nearly every thread these days turns into a debate about the 3O. You can say it worked and can work here (no real argument from me, actually) but my point is regardless of whether you are right, it's not coming back. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back