Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be some contradictory arguments that the 3/o sucks but also that we are trash with Collins because our talent sucked. I think the reason we had lots of trouble cpjs last 2 years were due to not having a good QB to keep defenses honest, we lost some key backs, and had difficulty on defense.

I think gt continuing to fall behind in recruiting budget and staff is a bigger factor than the playbook we ran. I think we needed fresh blood to re-excite donors and recruits, so I agree it was time to move on, but I think a 3/o candidate could've been successful.

Army won 9 games each of the last 2 years, and won 11 games in 2018. College football has sure moved past the 3/o.
2018 schedule:
Duke - L
Liberty
Hawaii
Oklahoma - L
Buffalo
San Jose State
Miami OH
Eastern MI
Air Force
Lafayette
Colgate
Navy
Houston

2019 schedule:
Rice
Michigan - L
UTSA
Morgan State
Tulane - L
Western KY - L
GA State - L
San Jose State - L
Air Force - L
UMass
VMI
Hawaii - L
Navy - L

2020 schedule:
Middle Tennessee
UL Monroe
Cincinnati - L
Abilene Christian
Citadel
UTSA
Mercer
Tulane - L
GA Southern
Navy
Air Force
West Virginia

2021 schedule:
GA State
Western KY
UConn
Miami OH
Ball State - L
Wisconsin - L
Wake Forest - L
Air Force
Bucknell
UMass
Liberty
Navy - L
Missouri

Man they've been beating up on some powerhouses.

WGAF? We aren't going back to it. EVER.

We traded nothing in. Your boy PJ up and quit on us.

You're still missing the point, it's not about going back to it.

PJ took the high road since he saw the support from the school and the fan base wasn't there (however misguided the lack of support was), otherwise we would be paying him off also. I could only hope that losing coaches in our program would all follow suit, instead we'll just continue to get financially molested.

You're still missing the point, it's not about going back to it.

PJ took the high road since he saw the support from the school and the fan base wasn't there (however misguided the lack of support was), otherwise we would be paying him off also. I could only hope that losing coaches in our program would all follow suit, instead we'll just continue to get financially molested.

You're missing the point.

Continuing to compare Collins to PJ is asinine. Continuing to point out PJ stats & accomplishments is asinine.
WGAF about PJ? He left damn-near 4 years ago and isn't coming back nor is his scheme.

PJ saw the talent coming back and knew he had painted himself into a corner so he quit. Thanks for the memories, enjoy the $30 million we paid you, and have fun playing desert golf.

2018 schedule:
Duke - L
Liberty
Hawaii
Oklahoma - L
Buffalo
San Jose State
Miami OH
Eastern MI
Air Force
Lafayette
Colgate
Navy
Houston

2019 schedule:
Rice
Michigan - L
UTSA
Morgan State
Tulane - L
Western KY - L
GA State - L
San Jose State - L
Air Force - L
UMass
VMI
Hawaii - L
Navy - L

2020 schedule:
Middle Tennessee
UL Monroe
Cincinnati - L
Abilene Christian
Citadel
UTSA
Mercer
Tulane - L
GA Southern
Navy
Air Force
West Virginia

2021 schedule:
GA State
Western KY
UConn
Miami OH
Ball State - L
Wisconsin - L
Wake Forest - L
Air Force
Bucknell
UMass
Liberty
Navy - L
Missouri

Like citadel? Or Clemson last year?

Well fridge ran option plays, so go ahead and add those to the hate list

I must reiterate. Everybody runs option plays, including us, right now. All of the associated baggage comes with CPJ's very specialized offense and its particulars, not option plays, in general.

Well fridge ran option plays, so go ahead and add those to the hate list

Joe Ham never ran 30 QB keepers in a game like PJ QBs routinely did. Funny - the BALT Ravens didn't do that crap either when they had PJ as consultant. Maybe because it's ööööing stupid?

I must reiterate. Everybody runs option plays, including us, right now. All of the associated baggage comes with CPJ's very specialized offense and its particulars, not option plays, in general.

So if someone adapted the benefits of his offense to more common formations and personnel it could be successful?

The better question is why hasn’t anyone done it already?

Like Urban Meyer? A lot of his plays at Utah/UF were shotgun versions of the spread option. Not so much at OSU. Mullen kept a lot of that initially at MSU, but it looked to be gone by the Dak years.

Like Urban Meyer? A lot of his plays at Utah/UF were shotgun versions of the spread option. Not so much at OSU. Mullen kept a lot of that initially at MSU, but it looked to be gone by the Dak years.

Only thing similar to Meyers & CPJ offense is 11 players get on the field

2018 schedule:
Duke - L
Liberty
Hawaii
Oklahoma - L
Buffalo
San Jose State
Miami OH
Eastern MI
Air Force
Lafayette
Colgate
Navy
Houston

2019 schedule:
Rice
Michigan - L
UTSA
Morgan State
Tulane - L
Western KY - L
GA State - L
San Jose State - L
Air Force - L
UMass
VMI
Hawaii - L
Navy - L

2020 schedule:
Middle Tennessee
UL Monroe
Cincinnati - L
Abilene Christian
Citadel
UTSA
Mercer
Tulane - L
GA Southern
Navy
Air Force
West Virginia

2021 schedule:
GA State
Western KY
UConn
Miami OH
Ball State - L
Wisconsin - L
Wake Forest - L
Air Force
Bucknell
UMass
Liberty
Navy - L
Missouri

Yeah, those truly are some unbelievably ööööty schedules!

Only thing similar to Meyers & CPJ offense is 11 players get on the field

Not according to Meyer. He and Johnson talked extensively about the option and blocking concepts. Meyer was very defensive about having his offense called an option offense because he thought it would hurt recruiting. Watch some of his Utah stuff or the Tebow years. They are quite similar.

Joe Ham never ran 30 QB keepers in a game like PJ QBs routinely did. Funny - the BALT Ravens didn't do that crap either when they had PJ as consultant. Maybe because it's ööööing stupid?
Routinely huh? How many games did we run 30+ QB carries prior to Taquon becoming qb? Nesbitt had 1. Tevin had 1. Vad Lee had 0, and Justin Thomas had 0. Taquon was a ööööty running back converted to qb, its not surprising that's all he could do, but it was far from par for the course like you want to believe. Newsflash retard, all offenses suck when you don't have a qb worth a damn.

Oh and btw, we won both of those games, but I'm sure you remembered that differently too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back