Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that CGC has had just as many losing seasons as CPJ, CGC just skipped to Orange Bowl appearances. Maybe it is time you showed the blind pig where the acorns are. Some of us are hoping this new system that all the fans love will break the 3 win ceiling this year.
We just need to dream about how we're gonna feel when we win that magical 4th game this season. We're all gonna wet ourselves over the excitement. Just think 4-8 in all its majesty, a clear 1 game better than Dook and 6th place in the Coastal. We'll be able to bask in our good fortune knowing we're not in last place by ourselves like 2019.

Not surprisingly, you don't know what you are talking about.

ATL-NIU.pdf (ramblinwreck.com)

The quote above is from our official 'Above the Line' chart from last season which is posted in place of a depth chart.

2021 Football Game Notes / Depth Charts — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (ramblinwreck.com)

Yeah you might want to sit this one out lol. Good lord, You’re bad at this football thing. ATL let’s fans/layman know who is AVAILABLE to play, but if you don’t think there isnt a pecking order i.e. depth chart, then you’re fooling only yourself.

I just realized that CGC has had just as many losing seasons as CPJ, CGC just skipped to Orange Bowl appearances. Maybe it is time you showed the blind pig where the acorns are. Some of us are hoping this new system that all the fans love will break the 3 win ceiling this year.

We won a natty in 1990 without your beloved TO so it is possible to win without having 25 QB Keepers every game.

PJ quit, sold all his Tech öööö and moved to AZ. Perhaps you should too. Then you could swing off his nutsack every day!

We won a natty in 1990 without your beloved TO so it is possible to win without having 25 QB Keepers every game.

PJ quit, sold all his Tech öööö and moved to AZ. Perhaps you should too. Then you could swing off his nutsack every day!
PJ also sold the bulk of his Navy and Ga Southern stuff - and we don't know that he sold all his Tech stuff.
I don't know how or when PJ pissed in your Wheaties, but damn dude. We went to two Orange Bowls and three ACC championship games
We are long, long way from anything like that with Collins. And that ain't PJ's fault. It's all on Collins now. It has been. And it will be. Until he's summarily fired.

PJ also sold the bulk of his Navy and Ga Southern stuff - and we don't know that he sold all his Tech stuff.
I don't know how or when PJ pissed in your Wheaties, but damn dude. We went to two Orange Bowls and three ACC championship games
We are long, long way from anything like that with Collins. And that ain't PJ's fault. It's all on Collins now. It has been. And it will be. Until he's summarily fired.

you should definitely move to AZ to be closer to your hero. Literally no one is defending Collins. PJ's scheme absolutely has a hand in bottoming out the program.

Go buy some of PJ's Southern crap, that's where your true alliegance lies anyway.

Yeah you might want to sit this one out lol. Good lord, You’re bad at this football thing. ATL let’s fans/layman know who is AVAILABLE to play, but if you don’t think there isnt a pecking order i.e. depth chart, then you’re fooling only yourself.
Since everyone knows there’s a pecking order, perhaps our dumbass head coach should drop the stupidity in the media and such and just be normal and provide the list that “everyone knows.”

Well if there is one either CGC or ramblinwreck.com is lying, or maybe they are both lying.

you should definitely move to AZ to be closer to your hero. Literally no one is defending Collins. PJ's scheme absolutely has a hand in bottoming out the program.

Go buy some of PJ's Southern crap, that's where your true alliegance lies anyway.
2 Orange Bowls in 5 years bottomed out the program, got it

2 Orange Bowls in 5 years bottomed out the program, got it

You know there were 4 other seasons after the OB?

Do folks talk about Hewitt’s ‘04 national title game when bringing up Pastner?

No CPJ didn’t kill the program but he did a lot of damage on and off the field that no new coach would’ve been able to overcome. I often think how the convos would be if 14-21 instead of 9-25? I doubt things would be different

Both followed by losing seasons and no uptick in recruiting. Literally no one outside of ST remembers either of 'em.
I'm really happy that we traded out 2 Orange Bowls in 5 years. Imagine having an unconventional offense [vomit emoji] [vomit emoji] [vomit emoji]

3-9 while looking like Iowa State is much better. I say this with confidence because I'm a retard 55 year old Georgia Tech fan.

I'm really happy that we traded out 2 Orange Bowls in 5 years. Imagine having an unconventional offense [vomit emoji] [vomit emoji] [vomit emoji]

3-9 while looking like Iowa State is much better. I say this with confidence because I'm a retard 55 year old Georgia Tech fan.

right, because we're all thrilled with the current state of the program.

Stop pining for the TO. Why not pine for Ross's offense, which won a natty? I know you guys actually value 2014's forgotten Orange Bowl than an actual national championship because Stats but one is legend and the other is almost forgotten.

When assessing QB performance, you have to account for the defense. Yates played 3 top 10 defenses. That is going to hurt his overall performance. He is solid P5 backup material.

Sims is clearly a better athlete. He has a better arm and is a significantly better runner. He needs to work on ball security and decision making. He was playing like he was still in high school last year. That is on the (previous) coaching staff.

Seems to me like sims dodged playing the best defenses and let Yates them. Yates ended up not as good as I'd hoped, but I don't see how our last 2 games would've been helped by adding more turnovers.

Seems to me like sims dodged playing the best defenses and let Yates them. Yates ended up not as good as I'd hoped, but I don't see how our last 2 games would've been helped by adding more turnovers.

We weren’t winning those last two games. No point in risking an already hobbled Sims to a career ending (or long term injury).

Live to fight another day strategy.

We weren’t winning those last two games. No point in risking an already hobbled Sims to a career ending (or long term injury).

Live to fight another day strategy.
I have to believe Sims was hurt enough that Collins felt Yates would provide the best opportunity to succeed. If a coach is holding a player who could better contribute at their position out of a game because he believes it lost before the first snap and not worth the injury risk, he should be fired immediately. Accepting defeat before the first snap is behavior extremely unbecoming of a head football coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back