You’re the AD, who would you hire after next game?

Who would you hire?

• Mullen

• Monken

• Malzahn

• Fuente

• Whisenhunt

• Bowden

• Someone else

• Keep Collins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or Garrett Riley, keep CTC and let the two of them build the staff. Lincoln will help his brother find good coaches on both sides of the ball and Duece knows a ton of college and pro coaches.

$5.5mm for the HC (5 year deal) and $3.5mm for the assistant pool would put us around #20 in the country. That’s about where our fans, including me, think of our program. Short of that, we’re just not taking it seriously enough.

That should give you a sense of who you can afford. Figure anyone at the $3mm level at a P5 school, or $2mm at a G5 school.

$5.5mm for the HC (5 year deal) and $3.5mm for the assistant pool would put us around #20 in the country. That’s about where our fans, including me, think of our program. Short of that, we’re just not taking it seriously enough.

That should give you a sense of who you can afford. Figure anyone at the $3mm level at a P5 school, or $2mm at a G5 school.

By the way, I’m not advocating firing CGC. I’d give him one more year, I’m just putting our $$ in context. We can’t replace CGC with another CGC and tell ourselves we’re taking ourselves seriously. Spend the money or don’t, but call it what it is. Because our fans think our coach, who is paid in the bottom quartile of P5, should somehow take a pay cut.

He had Dak Prescott which looking back on it was the best QB of his draft class, and CPJ still whooped his ass. Agree 100%. Mullen is a no for me.

They lost cause we ripped their defense to pieces. Who was their dc that year?

Gary Patterson? I'd think he could at least lead us back to respectability and if so retire in 5-10 years. Maybe he'll have a competent coach in waiting. What happened to the coach in waiting thing? That was all the rage a decade ago.

I also second Tom Herman. Dunno if he'd have interest but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
I'm not sure we can afford gp

We're at $2.7 with yearly escalations for CGC, you want us to double what we spend on HC & Assts. overnight.

I hate to say this, we need to get the AD to force a shakeup of the Assts., and then ride out 2 more years with CGC.

I admit this terrifies me because the Young OLs do not look like they will be ready by next season, and I have no idea who's gonna man the starting 5 on the OLine.

We need day1 starters on the OLine in the worst way, in fact I can't even imagine an OLine Depth Chart to go against Clemson in Sept.

My hope is that CGC & staff go to all the Programs that fired HCs and try to poach their best OL Recruits and promise them starting PT, or at least rotational PT, all the HC firings at Big Programs might be a blessing for us in disguise.

I know it sounds desperate, but that's where we are on the OLine.

We're at $2.7 with yearly escalations for CGC, you want us to double what we spend on HC & Assts. overnight.

I hate to say this, we need to get the AD to force a shakeup of the Assts., and then ride out 2 more years with CGC.

I admit this terrifies me because the Young OLs do not look like they will be ready by next season, and I have no idea who's gonna man the starting 5 on the OLine.

We need day1 starters on the OLine in the worst way, in fact I can't even imagine an OLine Depth Chart to go against Clemson in Sept.

My hope is that CGC & staff go to all the Programs that fired HCs and try to poach their best OL Recruits and promise them starting PT, or at least rotational PT, all the HC firings at Big Programs might be a blessing for us in disguise.

I know it sounds desperate, but that's where we are on the OLine.
It’s not just desperate, it’s unrealistic. You get what you pay for. This is the reality. Does Tech want to compete or does it not?

It’s not just desperate, it’s unrealistic. You get what you pay for. This is the reality. Does Tech want to compete or does it not?
We can't print Money.

The money has to come from somewhere, a buyout is a 1 time pass the hat thing , changing the GTAA's salary structure is totally different and we would have to do it every year, with bad attendance, and a crappy ACC TV Deal.

We just don't have the Money, maybe some high tech Alum can get some dirt on Bezos for a 1 time infusion of cash (j/k)

Coach Goof gets another year to see what he can do with a new defensive coaching staff. But the seat is hot.

We can't print Money.

The money has to come from somewhere, a buyout is a 1 time pass the hat thing , changing the GTAA's salary structure is totally different and we would have to do it every year, with bad attendance, and a crappy ACC TV Deal.

We just don't have the Money, maybe some high tech Alum can get some dirt on Bezos for a 1 time infusion of cash (j/k)

Fine, then fans need change expectations and let the realization set in that we will be a bottom quartile P5 football program.

Stolen from JollyGoodFellow90GT#1 post I would like any of the following but to state the obvious all have “what ifs”

Kalen DeBoer at Fresno State, I am not sure if a “West Coast” guy would come across the country.

Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina, I am gun shy about “record setting” coaches from Coastal Carolina.

Shawn Clark at Appalachian State, second year HC. Not sure how much “growing pains” we would endure.

I doubt we will make a move this year. If we de get a new coach they better move fast to give the new staff time to retain our existing commits.

Back