You think we ever play at Southern or State?

Who would have thought that a commuter school shouldn't start a football program? You

Is laughter your coping mechanism?
If you knew what I know tjen you would be laughing to not cry. 2011 to 2014wss tough. Firing Cheryl and Turner Field has been transformative. And I like what CSE and staff did recruiting in 5 weeks. Phenomenal. Laughter is slowly becoming of the buahaaha variety. Turner Field is a ridiculous template to build a program on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This thread has been educational. I did not know there were Ga State forums out there until now. Just swung by one and saw this, from a GSU fan that is more self aware than @baruman:

"I had several classes with football players while an undergraduate and they were always pretty open to my questions. Maybe they were just surprised to be speaking to someone outside of the program who actually cared, but I digress."

This thread has been educational. I did not know there were Ga State forums out there until now. Just swung by one and saw this, from a GSU fan that is more self aware than @baruman:
That is a funny thread. I am calling bs that we are starting a freshman who is not yet on campus over the guy who started last year.

That is a funny thread. I am calling bs that we are starting a freshman who is not yet on campus over the guy who started last year.

I can only answer by reference to the quote from your more enlightened friend. I am outside the program, and I do not care.

Nice. So are you cutting your grandmas lawn later or not? Or is your intent to stay in the basement all day pleasuring yourself to pictures of 2013 pre game? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, son.

You will never need a stadium that size for Georgia State. Never

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, son.

You will never need a stadium that size for Georgia State. Never

I don't know that you can say never. If you look at the history of GSU, they are a commuter school essentially because you have to be a commuter. It is possible that they could build more of a campus of sorts down there, and add a lot of dorms, and develop more of a community. And that over time could breed more involvement in sports. May not happen, but it could happen.

The biggest issue I see with GSU and GT both are that it is becoming incredibly expensive to live in Midtown. Not everyone can afford $12k a year just to live close to school.

I don't know that you can say never. If you look at the history of GSU, they are a commuter school essentially because you have to be a commuter. It is possible that they could build more of a campus of sorts down there, and add a lot of dorms, and develop more of a community. And that over time could breed more involvement in sports. May not happen, but it could happen.

The biggest issue I see with GSU and GT both are that it is becoming incredibly expensive to live in Midtown. Not everyone can afford $12k a year just to live close to school.

Good point. Does GSU have dorms for athletes since they tore down the Days Inn on Northside Dr.?

So...have not been downtown since 1983? LOL

So...have not been downtown since 1983? LOL

I have a kid at GSU right now. And I'm paying that $12K a year and a bunch of tuition on top of that. My kid lives off-campus and is only in their 2nd year there after transferring in from Southern so I really don't know that much about campus. I really doubt that they have 10k students living in on-campus dorms though.

I have a kid at GSU right now. And I'm paying that $12K a year and a bunch of tuition on top of that. My kid lives off-campus and is only in their 2nd year there after transferring in from Southern so I really don't know that much about campus. I really doubt that they have 10k students living in on-campus dorms though.
5000 in on campus dorms downtown and another 5k in private dorms and apartments downtown. We do have 53k students you know? Summerhill/Turner Hill will add several thousand more living downtown.

Back