Your honest opinion/ regarding recruiting

Most here would start showing their kids warts, since you're their god, but what a ööööed up parent you must be to degrade your sons profile.

There's just no getting around it. You are a ööööing idiot.

Wow! 17 of 18 players had highlight reels that contained highlights! I'm 100% certain that no other team we're competing against can say that!

Oh dear....so you're not capable of evaluating players based on technique, running back vision, balance, relative speed, and other factors EVEN THOUGH it's a highlight reel?

Give it a try and if you still can't do it. I'll give you some pointers.

Oh dear....so you're not capable of evaluating players based on technique, running back vision, balance, relative speed, and other factors EVEN THOUGH it's a highlight reel?

So you are saying we are superior in evaluating talent over everyone else?

Pepper brought in some really good players. He had a terrific personality and was a great recruiting head coach.

Not to mention the envelopes of cash. A few hundred for prospects they weren't terribly interested in. more for those they wanted.

If it's so easy that a retard like you can do it, why don't other schools employ people to do it and take all our croots?

If it's so easy that a retard like you can do it, why don't other schools employ people to do it and take all our croots?

Other people do do it, Forrest Gump. GT is not the only institution recruiting these kids. You do realize that Shaq Mason and Zach Laskey were 2* recruits, right? A person who knows what to look for can watch a few minutes of video and assess raw talent (whether is speed, strength, technique, effort, whatever).

Other people do do it, Forrest Gump. GT is not the only institution recruiting these kids. You do realize that Shaq Mason and Zach Laskey were 2* recruits, right? A person who knows what to look for can watch a few minutes of video and assess raw talent (whether is speed, strength, technique, effort, whatever).

Shaq Mason was a 3-star recruit.

I was at the Denver Stock Show once. It goes on for about three weeks there each January. People come from all over the country to bring livestock, farm equipment, etc. I attended a Black Angus judging event. The contestants would bring in their prize Angus, and the judge would watch them walk the cow around the ring much like in a dog show. Then the judge would tell you about that cow. What percent lean you could expect, what grade of steak, breeding possibilities, etc, etc, etc. It was fascinating to listen as every cow was given a different evaluation. I guess the only way to know if he was right would be to butcher the cow, but he must have known something because he got to judge the event. I expect football coaches are a lot like that watching a player. In many ways, it's a lot like livestock judging. Maybe that's an advantage uga has over us. We need an anricultural school.

The weird thing about the Black Angus event was outside the judging area in the prep area. The contestants were spray painting the legs of the cows to get an even block coating all over. It seemed like cheating to me, but lots of people were doing it and out in the open, too.

The weird thing about the Black Angus event was outside the judging area in the prep area. The contestants were spray painting the legs of the cows to get an even block coating all over. It seemed like cheating to me, but lots of people were doing it and out in the open, too.

speeding up the recruit's tape to make them look faster?

I was at the Denver Stock Show once. It goes on for about three weeks there each January. People come from all over the country to bring livestock, farm equipment, etc. I attended a Black Angus judging event. The contestants would bring in their prize Angus, and the judge would watch them walk the cow around the ring much like in a dog show. Then the judge would tell you about that cow. What percent lean you could expect, what grade of steak, breeding possibilities, etc, etc, etc. It was fascinating to listen as every cow was given a different evaluation. I guess the only way to know if he was right would be to butcher the cow, but he must have known something because he got to judge the event. I expect football coaches are a lot like that watching a player. In many ways, it's a lot like livestock judging. Maybe that's an advantage uga has over us. We need an anricultural school.

You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass

FWIW, I put professional failures on my resume too to show future employers I'm humble.

"Left previous employer mid-project while managing to leave behind a team in disarray, a schedule that was unachievable, a budget that was already exceeded by 120% all while never clearly defining the project's scope because he was constantly 'sick' on other job interviews."

Would we be any better off if we were not running the TO, or would we be less competitive in a more traditional offense.

I don't think you can compare them. Rules changed drastically between 2002 and 2006 and GT made a concerted effort to play by a higher standard. At that point the T.O. Is about the only thing we could do.

9 guys over a 6-year coaching tenure....

You might want to work on your reading comprehension. The "and a few others" should be your clue.

Like Andrew Gardner, Daryl Smith, Philip Wheeler, and probably more but those are just off the top of my head.

You should probably also read the part where I said I can't stand Gailey. I'm not holding him up as a coach who is worth a s**t. But if you can't look at that list of players in the pros and see that we don't have that level in the program right now, I'm not sure there's anything we can do to help you.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension. The "and a few others" should be your clue.

Like Andrew Gardner, Daryl Smith, Philip Wheeler, and probably more but those are just off the top of my head.

You should probably also read the part where I said I can't stand Gailey. I'm not holding him up as a coach who is worth a s**t. But if you can't look at that list of players in the pros and see that we don't have that level in the program right now, I'm not sure there's anything we can do to help you.

How many players a coach puts in the pros doesn't matter one bit to me if they don't win games at GT.

And most of those guys we sent to the league were off of Tenuta's defenses.

And with all of that talent he won 7 games a year, every year except 2006.

Let's say that Johnson isn't as good of a recruiter. I don't necessarily agree (I think our talent is on par with historical averages for GT), but whatever. So what? Johnson has an Orange Bowl win. Another Orange Bowl visit. Three ACC:CG games. A peach bowl. TWO wins over UGA.

so honestly, who cares?

Andrew Gardner - 2 star
Philip Wheeler - 2 star
Daryl Smith - not recruited by Gailey

Back