2012 Recruiting Thread

However, after a lot of deliberation with my family and parents, it was decided that there would be too many distractions within Atlanta for me to fully focus on the task at hand. Of course I did not think I would be distracted, but after looking within myself and realizing the type of student-athlete I was. I realized that my parents were very right, and only had my best interest in mind.
Is Atlanta really that distracting for football players?

So he'd be going to Cheetah a lot? There's not much in ATL to get distracted by. I get bored here too often.

Ekakitite to Iowa, that's just ----ing great. Just perfect, it's going to be great watching Cooper and Ekakitite play on that line the next few years. Just when I was getting over watching Brandon Thompson @ Clemson. :furious:

We need to break out the big guns with Tomlinson now. He would still make this a truly incredible recruiting class for DL if we landed him. Also, Ekakitie going elsewhere has got to help with his decision for us.

I don't think it has ANY effect. Guys like Tomlinson all think they are the best players anyway. Other recruits typically don't enter into the equation.

I don't think it has ANY effect. Guys like Tomlinson all think they are the best players anyway. Other recruits typically don't enter into the equation.

Yeah I doubt Ekakitie had any bearing on Tomlinson's thought process.

Not true. From Ekakitie (on Iowa):

"So this leaves a space open for one of the incoming freshman linemen to play right away. Now I’m not saying that I am ready to play right away, because I honestly don’t know if I am. I’m still a very young student of the game, and unlike many recruits, I realize this and accept this. But on the flip side, I want to do whatever it is that is going to make me the best player possible, so if that means possibly playing early, then I’m certainly all for it."

http://faithflex.com/

Some recruits are humble and also worry about the competition. From what I can see Tomlinson is similar to Ekakitie (smart, good head on his shoulders). This could be very important.

Ekakitie sounds like a very intelligent and humble person. (exception to the rule).

Most recruits don't think like him. Most of them think they are the bomb.

If Bama has 22 commits right now (what scout shows), how much room can they possibly have? I know they take 40 commits per year and 10 don't qualify, but seriously, are they running out of space to take Tomlinson?

Ekakitie to Iowa:

http://faithflex.com/

He says he liked his GT the visit the most of his remaining schools but thought ATL would be too big a distraction...

He and Tech would have been a very good fit, IMHO, but if he is looking for no distractions than Iowa would be his best bet. There's not a lot to see or do in Iowa.

He and Tech would have been a very good fit, IMHO, but if he is looking for no distractions than Iowa would be his best bet. There's not a lot to see or do in Iowa.

I can confirm this.

Just ----.. Faith sounds like he's a great kid and really intelligent. It's a shame his parents talked him out of coming here, he would have been a great student athlete. Who doesn't go to their "dream school?" When you're a football player at Tech is there that much time to be distracted by? I mean you wake up then class, football, class, homework, sleep, repeat? I'm sure they have some downtime but wouldn't the academic perils here be a bigger distraction than outside stuff? Maybe he has severe impulse control.. but how are you a good student with those characteristics.. eh whatever. haha :hsugh:

This maybe old news in a 72 page thread, but.....

The average NFL career lasts only 3.5 years.
There is only a 2.4% chance of making the NFL from college
Only a .2% chance for all HS players
So how much is it worth to get a great college degree, even an M Train degree vs. the typical college 'factory' degree.

I realize the graduation rate of GT football players is low, but what does the average GT football player earn with a degree vs. other graduates from other 'factories'?

IMO, education matters much more than most realize, especially in the economy!!

So how much is it worth to get a great college degree, even an M Train degree vs. the typical college 'factory' degree.

I realize the graduation rate of GT football players is low, but what does the average GT football player earn with a degree vs. other graduates from other 'factories'?

You're thinking way too realistically and logically. The majority of 17-18 year old high school athletes considering college sports are dumbasses. Except those that heavily consider Tech that is. :biggrin:

It's amazing how many of those players who actually make it to the NFL end up blowing their opportunity by doing something stupid or not working hard enough.

Back