2012 Recruiting Thread

I'm surprised that Faith never published a report for his official visit to GT. I have a feeling we were really close with that kid, even close than his blog lets on.

I'm hoping we come through with some of the other big names on our board. Feb 1 is coming quick, ... but not quick enough

I feel like you've been accepting unacceptable behavior for a while then...

The world is ending. GT hasn't had a recruit in 4 months and we lost another elite defensive lineman. *Queue the hands up freak outery*.

The world is ending. GT hasn't had a recruit in 4 months and we lost another elite defensive lineman. *Queue the hands up freak outery*.

GT just needs to find a fatty nose guard who can cut block the center and two guards at the same time on every play. :biggrin:

Super Slow for us?

Other teams have done well in that stretch. Clemson and UGA with 6 and 7 committs

My count is UGA 4 and Clemson 3 since our last commit.

Also, they are both recruiting to fill 25 spots, while we are only looking for around 15.

Currently:

GT = 11/15 - 73% complete
UGA = 14/25 - 56% complete
Clemson = 20/25 - 80% complete

If we are in bad shape in early February, then we can freak out. Recruiting is all about how you finish.

Does that include projected attrition? (Vad Lee, or anyone that might be retarded and go pro)

Also, we already have a QB recruited for this class in Dennis Andrews, correct? Is there any reason we're talking to two other players about the same position?
maybe because we can bring them as QBs, try them out and move them to other positions if it doesn't work out. I think this is ok to do if other schools are recruiting them in different positions.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...a-tech-this-weekend/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Does anybody know how many of these recent decommits we may have a shot with?

Also, we already have a QB recruited for this class in Dennis Andrews, correct? Is there any reason we're talking to two other players about the same position?

Because we have 3 qbs now, and there is a chance one or two may be gone before next year.

The Monroe kid also looks like a baller. Could play QB, AB, WR, DB and be one of our better recruits so far at any of those positions

So if we get Tomlinson and Monroe, would that be a good class?

If we got just Tomlinson in addition to the guys we already have, it would be a good class. It probably already is a good class if we hang on to our current DL commits, in my opinion.

Back