2012 Recruiting Thread

The numbers and depth are on GT's side.

Don't underestimate Les Miles. Russell Shepard wanted to play QB too, and a lot of schools wanted him for that position. He's now a receiver for LSU. I don't think it's a stretch to think Jimbo Fisher would do the same thing.

I would say we don't really need another QB. We have Vad, Days, Demond, and Andrews together for 3 more years. But if this guy is that good an athlete let him compete. If we have 5 guys that all want to play QB I would expect 2 of them to transfer.

I would say we don't really need another QB. We have Vad, Days, Demond, and Andrews together for 3 more years. But if this guy is that good an athlete let him compete. If we have 5 guys that all want to play QB I would expect 2 of them to transfer.

Demond will play DB or Aback it's already been determined. He played got some reps in the spring at QB just because they needed a 4th man. Now that Andrews is coming in he can take Demond's place and Demond can play where to coaches need him to.

We could have Days, Lee, Andrews, and Justin Thomas. Thomas would RS and so would Andrews unless specifically needed. Days and Lee will likely start. Washington I am not sure about.

Long story short we need at least one more QB in this class.

Demond will play DB or Aback it's already been determined. He played got some reps in the spring at QB just because they needed a 4th man. Now that Andrews is coming in he can take Demond's place and Demond can play where to coaches need him to.

We could have Days, Lee, Andrews, and Justin Thomas. Thomas would RS and so would Andrews unless specifically needed. Days and Lee will likely start. Washington I am not sure about.

Long story short we need at least one more QB in this class.

Only if the talent is there. In this case, Justin Thomas seems very talented, so yea I would say it is safe to say 2 QB's would be nice, but we shouldn't just take another QB for the hell of it if there are more talented kids at different positions.

Only if the talent is there. In this case, Justin Thomas seems very talented, so yea I would say it is safe to say 2 QB's would be nice, but we shouldn't just take another QB for the hell of it if there are more talented kids at different positions.

No we need 2 of them this class and trust me there is room. GT won't leave anyone out.

Demond will probably not end up at QB but he was recruited at that position and I think he will be given a chance to compete in the Spring. If he doesn't make at least backup he will probably change positions permanently.

You can never recruit too much speed.

This. We can make guys bigger and stronger, but there isn't a ton you can do to make guys faster. Our qb in this offense needs to be a legit threat with his arms or legs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It wasn't as simple as "Alabama wouldn't let him play QB." CPJ out-recruited Saban...

It was a signature recruiting moment for Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson, who personally handled the recruiting of Thomas. Johnson had an in-home visit with the star quarterback last week and got the big phone call from Thomas on Tuesday after he de-committed from Alabama on Tuesday, according to JacketsOnline's Kelly Quinlan.

“Alabama said they would give Justin a shot at quarterback and he believes them, but Coach Johnson’s offense is centered around guys with Justin’s type of talent and Justin has a point he wants to prove to a lot of people about being a quarterback and not just an athlete,” Justin’s father, Milton Thomas, told the website.

The elder Thomas also went out of the way to praise Alabama coach Nick Saban, who had lengthy conversations with the prospect’s family over the past two days. When Thomas committed to Alabama last November, he told TideSports that Saban would give him a shot to play QB in the team’s pro-style offense.

Source: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...hes-to-georgia-tech/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

lets see if cpj can "out-recruit" saban for D. Tomlinson.

yeah then perhaps you'll admit how retarded your statement about his marginally better recruiting at GT vs. his recruiting at Navy was.

Darion Monroe saying with A&M? Says so on their rivals page.

Not surprised after the commitment of Thomas. With the few scholarships we have left, Monroe does not play at a position of need in this class.

I expect Frain to commit this weekend which will put us at 15 commits with only 16 spots before attrition. We need at least 18 spots in order to take Tomlinson, Shumate, and McCalister. Out of those three we will get Tomlinson and McCalister and I would say it is 60-40 we get Shumate.

yeah then perhaps you'll admit how retarded your statement about his marginally better recruiting at GT vs. his recruiting at Navy was.

I'll completely eat crow if we sign Justin thomas, Francis Kallon, and Dalvin Tomlinson on signing day.

Not surprised after the commitment of Thomas. With the few scholarships we have left, Monroe does not play at a position of need in this class.

I thought the same thing when I saw Thomas' commitment. I was surprised Oregon didn't recruit Thomas' that hard.

JC Schurbert of 247 sports just said on his weekly Sirius show with Bill King when asked about the Don Bosco kids (Hamilton, Wright, Shumate) that he believes Shumate is down to either USCe or Rutgers. What's the feeling out there on him?

JC Schurbert of 247 sports just said on his weekly Sirius show with Bill King when asked about the Don Bosco kids (Hamilton, Wright, Shumate) that he believes Shumate is down to either USCe or Rutgers. What's the feeling out there on him?

He's got an OV set up here in January, so I think we have to still be in the picture.. Unless he cancels, I think we got a shot.

I expect Frain to commit this weekend which will put us at 15 commits with only 16 spots before attrition. We need at least 18 spots in order to take Tomlinson, Shumate, and McCalister. Out of those three we will get Tomlinson and McCalister and I would say it is 60-40 we get Shumate.

I'd like to know what you're basing all this on. Are you actually involved in recruiting/reporting or are these "gut feelings."

Back