2012 Recruiting Thread

I may have missed this, but why have we not offered Miles Jones?

Would seem to me just by looking at who GT has offers out to we are just waiting to see. Maybe he'll be like a Tony Zenon situation where we hold out and see how attrition does and see the numbers and offer late.

Would seem to me just by looking at who GT has offers out to we are just waiting to see. Maybe he'll be like a Tony Zenon situation where we hold out and see how attrition does and see the numbers and offer late.
wow... where do you get your info?:lol:

Also, just noticed that Rivals ranked Anthony Autry. 3 stars. This class is looking great.

No 2 star guys like Gailey recruited.

wow... where do you get your info?:lol:

All you have to do is look at the guys we are looking at and look at the numbers of need positions. RB isn't really one. Not to hard to apply a little logic there.

PS..probably the same place you do :biggthumpup:

He seems a bit too tall to be a b-back. I hope I'm wrong.

At 6'2", he's an inch taller than Dwyer and Choice and D.Sims, an inch shorter than Eddie George. And, he may not be quite 6'2", as a listed height will usually be overestimated a bit.

At 6'2", he's an inch taller than Dwyer and Choice and D.Sims, an inch shorter than Eddie George. And, he may not be quite 6'2", as a listed height will usually be overestimated a bit.

None of those guys are 6'1, I doubt any of them are even 6 feet with out getting on their tippy toes. Choice is prolly 5'9 or 5'10

Also, just noticed that Rivals ranked Anthony Autry. 3 stars. This class is looking great.

No 2 star guys like Gailey recruited.

3 stars are given out a lot more liberally than they were 5-10 years ago on Rivals. Pretty much any commit we get is automatically bumped to 3* unless they are a special teamer

3 stars are given out a lot more liberally than they were 5-10 years ago on Rivals. Pretty much any commit we get is automatically bumped to 3* unless they are a special teamer

I've noticed that a lot over the past couple of years.

While 3* may be given out more liberally, I'm not sure it's as automatic as you suggest. FWIW, VPI and UNC both have 2* recruits this year and Duke's class has an average star rating of less than 3.

While 3* may be given out more liberally, I'm not sure it's as automatic as you suggest. FWIW, VPI and UNC both have 2* recruits this year and Duke's class has an average star rating of less than 3.

Yea not every one gets the 3* bump but a lot of them do. It's funny how many of our guys go from unrated to 3* or 2* to 3* right after commiting. Just goes to show how stupid/arbitrary the star system is.

Yea not every one gets the 3* bump but a lot of them do. It's funny how many of our guys go from unrated to 3* or 2* to 3* right after commiting. Just goes to show how stupid/arbitrary the star system is.

Possibly, but not necessarily. It may be that our coaches are getting in on guys who broke-out in their senior years after unimpressive junior years.

Possibly, but not necessarily. It may be that our coaches are getting in on guys who broke-out in their senior years after unimpressive junior years.

I agree. Also, I believe no stars is an indication of a player that has not been evaluated, not somehow beneath a 3*. If that is the case, my guess is that when someone from one of the sites sees a commit, they immediately evaluate those players based on film. may not always be the case, and of course there probably is some bumping based on the school, but i would not be surprised if that's what's going on sometimes.

Hopefully it just means more frame to add weight to.

At least he's not coming in with all the muscle weight already on. Then we'd have to see what position he fits in after he gets off the juice. It'd suck if a sure-thing B-back we were counting on did that to us.

Lol! Was that subtle jab at someone?

FWIW ESPN has Brown rated one spot higher than Tomlinson for DTs

But obviously the staff thinks differently (in addition to a potential grades issue)

Hahaha what a joke ESPN is...Brown had only one commitable D1 offer.

Tevin Coleman didn't have the grades.

Not sure if this is an answerable question, but how many players that have been heavily interested in us or even would commit to us over their actual choice could not get in cause of grades?

Or is it that the grade problem is established before anything ever gets going?

*********** Question******** Where we ever in the hunt for the Thomas kid? Did we we recruit him earlier, or did this just fall in our lap??

Not sure if this is an answerable question, but how many players that have been heavily interested in us or even would commit to us over their actual choice could not get in cause of grades?

Or is it that the grade problem is established before anything ever gets going?

Before being extended a committable offer, recruits have to be cleared academically.

Back