2012 Recruiting Thread

None of those guys are 6'1, I doubt any of them are even 6 feet with out getting on their tippy toes. Choice is prolly 5'9 or 5'10

Looked up Choice, and you're right, he's 5'10". Tech had him listed at 6'1" one year though. Dwyer and Sims are both listed at 5'11". Anthony Allen is 6'1" though. And, George was 6'3". So, the original point stands that, a highs school listed height of 6'2", for a kid getting recruited at RB and LB is no reason to have concern. The 5* James Wilder kid we were in on and wanted bad last year was listed at 6'2.5". I don't think anyone would've been complaining about landing him.

No real news i could find other than it seems like he just made a visit to ND and according to a poster

"ELIJAH SHUMATE's father loved ND said it was a NO BRAINER."

Also read on scouts that Frain reconfirmed his commitment :(

Latest i could find on McCalister
http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article37086.aspx
McCalister is now down to three schools -- Georgia Tech, Florida and North Carolina.

Tomlinson no news

Of course this is all google

Miles Jones quote from AJC: Said Jones, “Georgia Tech said that I’m the No. 1 running back they are recruiting. They may have a few transfers coming in, so they have to see how it’s going to go.”

Who is considering transferring to us?

Shumate to announce at halftime of US Army All-American game. His dad said a few days ago that he was down to USC, Rutgers and ND. Shumate said a day or so ago that he had a final four which included GT. My guess is that he's going to ND, but it should be interesting.

Ok, Miami has 30+ verbal commits including about 7 DBs (not including 3 or 4 they're still pursuing).

Why in the world would a CB committed to another school even listen to their overtures?

Did he cancel his official visit with us?

I've seen it suggested recently that Ryan Watson is still going to make his official visit to GT.

Does anyone know what's up with Jamal Marcus (Vad's Hillside teammate)?

Back