2012 Recruiting Thread

Not surprised after the commitment of Thomas. With the few scholarships we have left, Monroe does not play at a position of need in this class.

I expect Frain to commit this weekend which will put us at 15 commits with only 16 spots before attrition. We need at least 18 spots in order to take Tomlinson, Shumate, and McCalister. Out of those three we will get Tomlinson and McCalister and I would say it is 60-40 we get Shumate.

I'd like to know what you're basing this on. Are you involved in recruiting/reporting? I would hope that this doesn't come from reading ajc/rivals/scout and offering it up as your opinion.

I'd like to know what you're basing this on. Are you involved in recruiting/reporting? I would hope that this doesn't come from reading ajc/rivals/scout and offering it up as your opinion.

Opinion, should have stated that in the first post.

Frain has stated he would make his decision this Sunday and that we lead.

Tomlinson said we lead after his Alabama visit. They are not pushing to get him and have others ahead they want more.

McCalister has had us in the lead for a long time. He likes UF but they don't seem to like him. He is going to UNC this weekend but I think it would take a miracle for them to get him.

Opinion, should have stated that in the first post.

Frain has stated he would make his decision this Sunday and that we lead.

Tomlinson said we lead after his Alabama visit. They are not pushing to get him and have others ahead they want more.

McCalister has had us in the lead for a long time. He likes UF but they don't seem to like him. He is going to UNC this weekend but I think it would take a miracle for them to get him.

My biggest issue with your post was saying 60-40 for Shumate. I haven't caught wind of anything suggesting we are in that good of shape with him. If we were to land those 3 (Tomlinson, Shumate, McCalister) then it would be a monumental acheivement for the staff IMHO. And I wouldn't put the odds nearly as high as you did.

And no prospect as good and highly sought after as Tomlinson should be considered a probable signee two months before signing day when he's not even committed yet. Powerhouse teams with "persuasive means" who aren't pushing hard on Tomlinson will start to have guys decommit or simply go elsewhere and they'll go after anyone and everyone they can in Jan. and early Feb.

It's definitely not good that Tomlinson hasn't committed to GT yet. I think he's simply waiting for Bama to open up for him and if it doesn't happen by NSD then he'll come to GT at that point.

If just 2 or 3 players leave Bama then Tomlinson will get his offer from the IMO and those chances are pretty good.

I think GT has about a 30% chance of landing Tomlinson. He has Bama on his mind.

It's definitely not good that Tomlinson hasn't committed to GT yet. I think he's simply waiting for Bama to open up for him and if it doesn't happen by NSD then he'll come to GT at that point.
I don't agree. My impression of the kid is he's trying to bide his time and make an informed, considered decision.

I don't agree. My impression of the kid is he's trying to bide his time and make an informed, considered decision.

Don't use words TaxJacket doesn't understand when responding to one of his posts.

Does anyone know if we stopped recruiting Tevin Coleman? I thought we'd step it up after S. Thornton committed to NCState.

Dalvin Tomlinson has a scholarship offer from frikkin' Harvard. HARVARD!!!

Yet, he's waiting on ol' Alabammer for a scholly? WTF???

Hopefully it just means more frame to add weight to.

At least he's not coming in with all the muscle weight already on. Then we'd have to see what position he fits in after he gets off the juice. It'd suck if a sure-thing B-back we were counting on did that to us.

Still need an RB... Are we looking at anyone good?

I think we might be looking at Imani Cross since he decommited from Tennessee, but I have no idea where we stand with him.

Flywheel said:
At least he's not coming in with all the muscle weight already on. Then we'd have to see what position he fits in after he gets off the juice. It'd suck if a sure-thing B-back we were counting on did that to us.

I see what you did there.

Back