2012 Recruiting Thread

I understand that Michigan has some real advantages over us. But come on guys, you can't tell me that we can't do better than what we are doing. We have a good program, on the verge of top 20. If we recruit as hard as we train our guys, we could break the top-10 barrier and beat UGuh's ass every year.

We need better athletes - that is clear. There is a reason why grown men follow 18-year old kids' twitter accounts - it matters!

I understand that Michigan has some real advantages over us. But come on guys, you can't tell me that we can't do better than what we are doing. We have a good program, on the verge of top 20. If we recruit as hard as we train our guys, we could break the top-10 barrier and beat UGuh's ass every year.

We need better athletes - that is clear. There is a reason why grown men follow 18-year old kids' twitter accounts - it matters!

Our recruiting is fine....I think it all boils down to the fact that we didn't have an elite QB for our Offense. I think either Vad or Justin will do well there.

Our Defense has great depth in the secondary and at LB....we just need a few more on the line. I think Kallon and Tomlinson will be huge gets for us.

Other than that, recruiting is going great!

Its good that we have great guys on D. All I am saying is that with 20 years of coaching experience CPJ could easily recruit great guys on O - if he wanted to. I think there is some hesitation in GT football - as if waiting for something to happen. Its like everyone is holding a little bit back.

Did you read this after you typed it?

I think we can do better in recruiting, we should be able to be a top 30 class on a consistent basis...just not sure if we can do this with the T>O>

Our recruiting is fine....I think it all boils down to the fact that we didn't have an elite QB for our Offense. I think either Vad or Justin will do well there.

Our Defense has great depth in the secondary and at LB....we just need a few more on the line. I think Kallon and Tomlinson will be huge gets for us.

Other than that, recruiting is going great!

This post made me relax. If we get Kallon and Tomlinson, do we play them as freshmen? I would think so.

This post made me relax. If we get Kallon and Tomlinson, do we play them as freshmen? I would think so.

Kallon probably still needs the RS year just to learn technique and get some time with D1 strength/conditioning trainers. I still haven't seen any film on Tomlinson, but most reports are that he's very fast/athletic for his size. One of them probably has to play just because of lack of depth at DE. Cross/Dieke/Cummings are the only ones with much of any experience. Crenshaw/Williams/Kitchens are kind of question marks (undersized question marks). So that's 6 assuming none leave/switch positions.

I bet Tomlinson plays and Kallon RS's (if they both sign).

There has also been some rumbling that Adam Gotsis will be tried at NT if he signs with us.

I know the west coast offense depends on short passes to get the ball down the field. But since Tight Ends are good at blocking and catching, would our offense benefit from a couple of TEs. Just to confuse defenses. We don't even need to call them TEs, just blockers for our option, but good for a few yards if we need to get rid of the ball and the option is not viable.

Just a thought.

Back