2023/24 Coaching Carousel

USC & uga are making hires per football scoop & have been announced by both schools.

USC has hired former Houston DC Doug Belk who also interviewed at UF, uga.

USC: Former Houston defensive coordinator Doug Belk will be the new defensive backs coach on Lincoln Riley's staff, sources confirm to FootballScoop.

uga has hired away DB coach / elite recruiter Dante Williams from USC. He has never coached on the east coast, and while he is an elite recruiter, USC’s DB’s were terrible the last 2 years. So I’m not sure if this is even on par with new Syracuse HC FAran Brown.

Georgia: Sources confirm that Kirby Smart and UGA are filling their defensive opening with a coordinator from USC.

USC & uga are making hires per football scoop & have been announced by both schools.

USC has hired former Houston DC Doug Belk who also interviewed at UF, uga.

USC: Former Houston defensive coordinator Doug Belk will be the new defensive backs coach on Lincoln Riley's staff, sources confirm to FootballScoop.

uga has hired away DB coach / elite recruiter Dante Williams from USC. He has never coached on the east coast, and while he is an elite recruiter, USC’s DB’s were terrible the last 2 years. So I’m not sure if this is even on par with new Syracuse HC FAran Brown.

Georgia: Sources confirm that Kirby Smart and UGA are filling their defensive opening with a coordinator from USC.
if UGA is hiring Pac12 (or Big 12) defensive coaches i will inherently think this a good thing ..

I was thinking the same thing. USC was not known for defense this season.
Lincoln Riley isn’t known for defense. Period. Cost him a MNC at Oklahoma, and a CFB spot last year. Looks like he’s finally taking that side of the ball seriously as they head into the B1G. Hires over the last week:

UCLA DC D’Anton Lynn as DC.
North Dakota State HC Matt Entz as LB coach / assistant HC.
Houston DC Doug Belk as DB coach.

Lainie Fritz. Was at KPRC but left in 2020 to pursue teaching.

1701887626651.png
Dang. I never had a teacher that looked like that.

Back