2023/24 Coaching Carousel

lets see how Elko does at A&M before we all start jerking each other off

Just saying... they didn't give a flip about local connections and why would they? They can buy whoever they need now.

Just saying... they didn't give a flip about local connections and why would they? They can buy whoever they need now.
They did that the last year or two, how did it work out? Or at CO?

Wtf, just go ahead with the circle-jerk….

I’ll just say Duke expectations and A&M expectations aren’t in the same universe.
Jimbo win percentage at A+M and Elko's at Duke were almost the same.
He'll have better facilities and better means to recruit at A+M. Team those with Elko's ability to coach and prepare and A+M might be in much better shape with him rather than Jimbo.

He'll have better facilities and better means to recruit at A+M. Team those with Elko's ability to coach and prepare and A+M might be in much better shape with him rather than Jimbo.
SEC ever decide what they’re going to do? East - west or best two.

I actually agree and think he’s an excellent coach, hope he succeeds there and beats Bama, lsu, and ugay a few times

Yeah, and one fan base was ready to build a statue for the coach; while the other was being run off campus with death threats.

Also, I’m not a “SEC schedule is tougher” guy but Duke plays one of the easiest schedules in the country every year and Elko only beat 2 good teams.

I agree that Elko is a good coach but it takes more than just good coaching. I wish Elko well but A&M can go to hell.

Durkin's certainly available, but hard to square up with "I do what's best for the players" from CBK. We'd be having to explain our way around the fact someone died and he was fired over it during every recruiting visit.

Durkin's certainly available, but hard to square up with "I do what's best for the players" from CBK. We'd be having to explain our way around the fact someone died and he was fired over it during every recruiting visit.
Wasn't there issues at UCF when GOL and Key were there? Point is, there are a hundred or so players a coach is responsible for each year. It was tragic what happened at Maryland, but when the sensationalism of the story snowballed, Durkin went from being suspended, reinstated, to "oops, I mean he's fired"

We had the tragic off field death of Brandon Adams. That could have just as easily happened on a practice field.

I'm not sure Durkin is entirely culpable. BTW, Damon Evans, panty man, is the AD at Maryland.

He made over a million last year at A&M can we afford someone like that? He is supposed to be a top level recruiter fwiw.

KQ was asked, “who would you hire?” His answer was Durkin
Appreciate it. If he'd hinted in a different way, the name I heard might have matched the hint and been misinterpreted as Durkin. I think Durkin would be a good hire, but don't believe he's one of the guys we've interviewed.

So what name have you heard? Why keep it secret? Let’s see how good your sauces are.
Because the interview wasn't until this week and it's in the phase where they're discussing who the staff would be, etc so it's pretty far from a done deal.

Back