2023/24 Coaching Carousel

Because the interview wasn't until this week and it's in the phase where they're discussing who the staff would be, etc so it's pretty far from a done deal.
Explains the defensive players leaving and demonstrates why these changes should have been mad sooner.

Here's the AJC headline if we hire Durkin: "New GT DC's Toxic Culture Led to Player's Death". It will be followed with interviews from former players discussing his "bullying" coaching tactics.

If we were a factory school with teflon coating and the media in our pocket then we could take this risk. That's not who we are and Durkin puts a target on us for any sports writer that needs clicks, likes, and subscribes in a given week.

The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO....

Here's the AJC headline if we hire Durkin: "New GT DC's Toxic Culture Led to Player's Death". It will be followed with interviews from former players discussing his "bullying" coaching tactics.

If we were a factory school with teflon coating and the media in our pocket then we could take this risk. That's not who we are and Durkin puts a target on us for any sports writer that needs clicks, likes, and subscribes in a given week.

The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO....
Calm down, that's not the TAMU connection of importance.

I have no idea what we are talking about now
1703887809806.jpeg

Divisions are gone there, starting next season….I hope it bites ugay hard not being in the East anymore

I wonder how many retries they get against bama now. Oh wait, they usually dodge them during the regular season.

I wonder how many retries they get against bama now. Oh wait, they usually dodge them during the regular season.
their schedule next year looks like it slipped through the cracks. I did a triple take when I saw it. Hard to believe they have a real schedule next year with actual road games against not Vandy.

edit: AND they have to deal with the Jackets at home. I’m confident that Key won’t let the boys look past that game as we prep for the ACCCG tho.

their schedule next year looks like it slipped through the cracks. I did a triple take when I saw it. Hard to believe they have a real schedule next year with actual road games against not Vandy.

edit: AND they have to deal with the Jackets at home. I’m confident that Key won’t let the boys look past that game as we prep for the ACCCG tho.
Maybe even the SEC got sick of their öööö?

Then again next year looks like an aberration for the whole conference. A whopping THREE teams are leaving the confederacy borders for an OOC game.

Prime has now lost both his OC (Sean Lewis) and DC (Charles Kelly). Combine that with simply using the Portal to build a roster again, and it won’t end well in Boulder. HS recruiting is still the staple to build a roster. Look at the top 5 teams for proof.

The top 5 teams also don't have to worry about their HS recruits getting plucked after their first good year. I feel like HS recruiting is going to get de-prioritized by less funded schools over time.

Back