$3 million a year from Adidas

Everyone has their opinions on the uniforms. Ive decided will support whatever they come up with in the hopes the players like what they are wearing or potential recruits like the new stuff. It almost may be best to go away from what we have had over the years if a younger generation enjoys. GT has mostly lost the battle for fans/players for so many years. Just give us whatever someone just entering college or just seeing GT for the first time will love. In 20 years it will be traditional.

If we don't have white, gold, and navy uniforms in addition to several alternates, we aren't doing Adidas right. You will all get what you want, hate, and don't understand. An alternate can be throwbacks for the old guys. The standards will be a mix in white, gold, and navy. Plus will have a crazy ass alternate because kids ööööing love it. Get on board.

It's about to go nuts in here when they bring white, gold, blue, black tops with White, gold, and black pants.

dont-tread-on-reeeeee-2878417.png

Honeycomb is here to stay...that set of white helmets cost ~60k and the team loves wearing them. Jerseys may not incorporate the pattern, but both helmets will still match.
Not saying that the team doesn't love them, but that argument about the cost is dumb. 60k is peanuts to a P5 football program, and helmets are an expense that has to be accounted for yearly. I guarantee we aren't using the same set of white honeycomb helmets that were purchased originally.

Not saying that the team doesn't love them, but that argument about the cost is dumb. 60k is peanuts to a P5 football program, and helmets are an expense that has to be accounted for yearly. I guarantee we aren't using the same set of white honeycomb helmets that were purchased originally.

The argument that the team shouldn't wear helmets that they like is even dumber.

The argument that the team shouldn't wear helmets that they like is even dumber.
That's sort of my point. We obviously have kept them around because the players like them. If they do, that's fine with me. I don't care what helmets we win in. Just noting that the cost of required equipment has zero bearing on the reason we still use the same design.

Let’s let each player design their own then. Our former defensive back turned rapper would probably have a giant pot leaf on each side.

Will also get more cash from product sales royalties since we sold about $50 worth of Russell stuff in 2017.

I expect all Tech fans to buy generous amounts of Adidas gear for themselves, family, friends and neighbors so we all have the same shade of gold.

Then we can wear it to our kids soccer games during all of our nooners next year.

Back