$3 million a year from Adidas

Will also get more cash from product sales royalties since we sold about $50 worth of Russell stuff in 2017.

I expect all Tech fans to buy generous amounts of Adidas gear for themselves, family, friends and neighbors so we all have the same shade of gold.

Then we can wear it to our kids soccer games during all of our nooners next year.
Says Nikejacket?

The players like wearing the honeycomb helmets because they are sick and tired of wearing the same white jersey, gold pants, gold helmet every week when every other program is rotating combinations in and out and posting about it on twitter. What the fan base likes doesn't have to resonate with the players. They want to be like everyone else. Regarding the honeycomb being here to stay...have you seen literally EVERYTHING we've build/remodeled/added graphics to in the past 5 years? There's honeycomb everywhere. Every sports team has honeycomb on their apparel somewhere. The locker rooms have honeycomb. The lobbies have honeycomb. Do you think they're going to lower the scoreboard at McCamish and remove the honeycomb accents anytime soon? Me neither. Someone decided on that motif in 2012 and it's been pretty heavily embraced.

Says Nikejacket?

Maximum-Butthurt-Achieved-Reaction-Gif.gif

The players like wearing the honeycomb helmets because they are sick and tired of wearing the same white jersey, gold pants, gold helmet every week when every other program is rotating combinations in and out and posting about it on twitter. What the fan base likes doesn't have to resonate with the players. They want to be like everyone else. Regarding the honeycomb being here to stay...have you seen literally EVERYTHING we've build/remodeled/added graphics to in the past 5 years? There's honeycomb everywhere. Every sports team has honeycomb on their apparel somewhere. The locker rooms have honeycomb. The lobbies have honeycomb. Do you think they're going to lower the scoreboard at McCamish and remove the honeycomb accents anytime soon? Me neither. Someone decided on that motif in 2012 and it's been pretty heavily embraced.

Alabama, Penn State and Clemson have a hell of a time getting recruits with their boring uniforms

Alabama, Penn State and Clemson have a hell of a time getting recruits with their boring uniforms
All those teams regularly wear both dark and white, Clemson even adds a 3rd color.

Those schools also have very strict entrance requirements.

EDIT: wait just a damn minute, Clemson has some fabulous purple jerseys

Last edited:
Will also get more cash from product sales royalties since we sold about $50 worth of Russell stuff in 2017.

I expect all Tech fans to buy generous amounts of Adidas gear for themselves, family, friends and neighbors so we all have the same shade of gold.

Then we can wear it to our kids soccer games during all of our nooners next year.

You have kids?

Congrats on the sex!

I hope they only consider what the athletes want under one condition. No red. After that I just want the kids to be happy and feel like they look good.

I hope they only consider what the athletes want under one condition. No red. After that I just want the kids to be happy and feel like they look good.
what if they grew up with someone who is playing for uga and they wanna support their friend? okay then?

Just call it a Yellow Jacket nest and not honeycomb to make yourself feel better about them wearing it. Personally, if the players like it, it doesn’t bother me.

yellowjacket-nest.jpg

I like the jacket nest helmets just fine. The players really like them. I would be good with a solid white without the design, if that appeases the court.

Need an alternate uni for player and fan enjoyment alike. It’s keeping up with the Jones’ of the CF landscape at this point. 18-22 y/o kids couldn’t give a öööö about history and only wearing traditional unis for history sake.

Last edited:
I like the jacket nest helmets just fine. The players really like them. I would be good with a solid white without the design, if that appeased the court.

Need an alternate uni for player and fan enjoyment alike. It’s keeping up with the Jones’ of the CF landscape at this point. 18-22 y/o kids couldn’t give a öööö about history and only wearing traditional unis for history sake.

Bama wears traditional unis all the time and they win every other title.

Edit: But yes I agree.

Back