Bilbo to RB? Ball starting QB?

Aho..I dont believe what he says...All indications are that the players love Gailey..He is so much more personable than Oleary..

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Gnome, if you are talking to the players and feeding off of them and they, in turn, are feeding off your negativity about Chan, you could be causing dissention among the troops.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Give me a break. That like the guy a few weeks ago who said we lost a recruit to UVA because of the message board. Funny but ridiculous. I am just posting what I heard. I made no comments to them and believe they are sincere with their feelings.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Aho..I dont believe what he says...All indications are that the players love Gailey..He is so much more personable than Oleary..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Have you ever been in a turkish prison?

It is not his first, and foremost, job to see that all the players "like" him. You do not need to get approval, even with regards as to how to handle the situation, from the players. His job is to show them how this will help the team as well as DeBo. If some players are "upset" they need to grow up, brace up, and saddle up for the TEAM. They have a lot to prove to themselves and they need to focus inward right now, every minute until 8/28. And my prayers are with DeBo but it is a team sport to the max and he has to accept what is best for the team.

Originally posted by texstinger:
It is not his first, and foremost, job to see that all the players "like" him. You do not need to get approval, even with regards as to how to handle the situation, from the players. His job is to show them how this will help the team as well as DeBo. If some players are "upset" they need to grow up, brace up, and saddle up for the TEAM. They have a lot to prove to themselves and they need to focus inward right now, every minute until 8/28. And my prayers are with DeBo but it is a team sport to the max and he has to accept what is best for the team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with you regarding approval and liking him. Actually, most players while playing for O'Leary or Fridegen thought they were a--holes. With that said, my post is about honesty and deceit and it does mean something. Fear is a great motivator as well. We dont have an of that either. Oh well, hope it all works out. If it doent, it's not the end of the world.

Hmmmmm, do you notice that many of the same people who were saying Bilbo was gonna be great this year are the same ones who are saying chan is gonna get it done this year... You are 0 for 1 & the season hasn't even started yet...

Gnome.. you are finding out that it is impossible to reason with people who are thinking with their hearts & not their minds...

Originally posted by texstinger:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">------------------------------------------------

I actually agree with this post....And even if Gnome is right (and he may well be right), I get sick of the way todays players seem to need to be treated...If Chan makes the move to move Bilbo to RB, then he has EVERY right to do so , and frankly, the idea that he needs to have a "hand-holding" session/ counseling session with the team to make such a move is ridiculous IMO....The team should do what the coaches say, period.....I can't believe we have to discuss "how Chan handles it" etc etc etc....What is this, one big "Group Therapy" session ??????

BeeBad, actually most were hoping Bilbo would be great and reasoning that he had a better shot since he and Nix seemed to get along better and he claimed to have been working on the playbook etc. Most also followed up by saying if he didn't get it that they would rather see a FR than AJ. So where is the inconsistency.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
BeeBad, actually most were hoping Bilbo would be great and reasoning that he had a better shot since he and Nix seemed to get along better and he claimed to have been working on the playbook etc. Most also followed up by saying if he didn't get it that they would rather see a FR than AJ. So where is the inconsistency.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have to admit that it does concern you.. chan supposedly being mr. pro offensive coordinator yet he's burned thru 2 highly rated high school QBs & has nothing to show for it yet... As a supposed stud pro offensive coordinator wouldn't you think he could at the very least coach these 2 players up to being average?

Beebad... the more you write, the higher the BS.. not to flame here.. because I do like the fact that you can pretty much post what you want here.. but you strike me as someone who knows NOTHING about football, absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have to admit that it does concern you.. chan supposedly being mr. pro offensive coordinator yet he's burned thru 2 highly rated high school QBs & has nothing to show for it yet... As a supposed stud pro offensive coordinator wouldn't you think he could at the very least coach these 2 players up to being average?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">--------------------------------------

IMO, its not unusual at all to see high school QB's ending up moving to other positions....Many many times, this happens....If you look at a lot of college rosters, its filled with high school QBs who have moved to other positions....High School QB to College QB is a gigantic change and it doesn't always work out.

In the case of Suggs - well....This is the second team where the QB thing didn't work out so well, so its not entirely a reflection of Tech's coaching staff......

Let's not forget that gailey ran off Andy Hall last year, despite Hall nearly beating out Godsey... 'Course what does Friedgen know? gailey liked Suggs over Hall... I don't like the decisions being made at QB by this coaching staff...

Just out of curiosity Beebad.. what are you basing your opinion on? Please take a moment to explain if you will...

Remember, the crux of the problem is that apparently Ball has been selected by this staff over Bilbo.. so has Carter.. would love to hear the criteria you used to evalute the QB position, and how each of the kids scored against that criteria... I know you have this information because you have your own opinion on the matter..

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Just out of curiosity Beebad.. what are you basing your opinion on? Please take a moment to explain if you will...

Remember, the crux of the problem is that apparently Ball has been selected by this staff over Bilbo.. so has Carter.. would love to hear the criteria you used to evalute the QB position, and how each of the kids scored against that criteria... I know you have this information because you have your own opinion on the matter..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Fair enough.. I think Bilbo played well last year early in the season when he was inserted into the game & was allowed to run the offense... He didn't play well when brought into the game when we were behind & was forced to pass on most downs.. He's got 3 more years counting this one to develop his skills.. I'd prefer to see Bilbo at #2 rather than Suggs.. the team did not respond well to Suggs last year and appeared demoralized after Suggs' interceptions vs FLA State & Fresno... Bilbo has a big arm & can stretch the field... Suggs woefully underthrew many receivers on long passes last year who were open... (Remember the start of the FLA State game when the first 2 or 3 plays were long passes, the receivers were open & he underthrew them?) I have no prob with Ball starting if he wins the job... But as it stands right now Suggs is a hamstring away from running this team again...

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
You guys dont get it. Yes Bilbo is moving to RB. But the rest of the team didnt know it. They asked the coaches after hearing about it from others and the coaches wouldnt address it or admit it! I love the decision but how it has been handled is absolutely pathetic. Gailey has no clue what is going on or how to handle this situation. Bill Lewis didnt and Gailey doesnt. If Bilbo doesnt cut it at QB and the others are better, great, make a change. But in your right mind, wouldnt you have a meeting with the players discussing the issue on what you were doing? The players went to practice today and didnt have a clue what was going on. That's a fact. I love that a guy like Reggie Ball may be a great player at Tech. But Team Chemistry, honesty and openness are important. Being Blunt in football is important. That is not how this has been handled and I feel sorry for the players. Ok, so they get over it a few days from now, that doesnt minimize the disrespect the players now have for Gailey and his staff. It happened in 93-94 and unfortunately it is happening again. And that is a fact and you can quote me and interview the players if you want to substantiate these events. You guys have no idea what is going on but it is ugly, trust me. Trust is very important to these kids and it was severely broken today. I said in a previous post if Bilbo was not cutting it put the freshman in. Well, it seems that may be what is happenng, but there is a way to do it and a way not to do it. Gailey has done it the wrong way and unfortunately the players deserve better. I believe that they have made the decision for the right reasons but the players' respect for Gailey has been thrwon out the window by deceit and white lies.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well we sure are happy that you are here to tell me you know what's going on. I'm sure all of the players were just DESTROYED by this decision. Much like they were DESTROYED when Hollings was moved to RB last year. I remember the years I played football (not on the college level) and we moved players around. We'd all just get SOOO depressed.

Where is the white lie? The man stated that it just didn't work out for DBO at QB and we'd try to find a place for him to contribute. Isn't he doing that?

Since being blunt is important here. Your are a pathetic idiot.

Personally,I think the coaching staff decided that Ball would be a better quarterback, and that Bilbo can still contribute because of his athletic ability. Thus, it would be better if he was on the field in another position rather than on the sidelines as a second or third string QB.

It also may help his chances of playing at the next level.

That being said, I will miss the potential of that arm throwing deep patterns to our receivers.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
[qb]Fair enough.. I think Bilbo played well last year early in the season when he was inserted into the game & was allowed to run the offense... He didn't play well when brought into the game when we were behind & was forced to pass on most downs.. He's got 3 more years counting this one to develop his skills.. I'd prefer to see Bilbo at #2 rather than Suggs.. the team did not respond well to Suggs last year and appeared demoralized after Suggs' interceptions vs FLA State & Fresno... Bilbo has a big arm & can stretch the field... Suggs woefully underthrew many receivers on long passes last year who were open... (Remember the start of the FLA State game when the first 2 or 3 plays were long passes, the receivers were open & he underthrew them?) I have no prob with Ball starting if he wins the job... But as it stands right now Suggs is a hamstring away from running this team again...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with alot that you have written here.. but offer this as well..

That was last year.. how are Bilbo and Suggs doing this year? Where have they improved, where have they remained the same? Does Suggs still have problems with footwork in pressure situations? Does Bilbo still make the "panic stricken" throws that ended up in 4 interceptions in the SVC? Who has displayed the best composure thus far this year... and in general, does the offense seem to flow better with Suggs, Bilbo, Ball or Carter?

I also think that you are making the assumption that Suggs will be the backup.. how has Carters performance been thus far.. who has displayed the best footwork or decision making, Suggs or Carter? You see, I wouldnt be surprised to see Carter as the backup moreso than Suggs.. but my opinion is based purely on what I have seen in practice thus far this year..

We all know what happened last year.. but last year is gone..

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have to admit that it does concern you.. chan supposedly being mr. pro offensive coordinator yet he's burned thru 2 highly rated high school QBs & has nothing to show for it yet... As a supposed stud pro offensive coordinator wouldn't you think he could at the very least coach these 2 players up to being average?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WOW. If you were there you'd coach players up to being average, instead of picking the best player for the position? If he coached players up to being average and leaving them at the position, what do we do with the players that have the natural ability to excel at the position? Let them ride the bench?

Originally posted by GTLaker:

That being said, I will miss the potential of that arm throwing deep patterns to our receivers.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just because he moves positions doesnt mean we will never see him throw again...

Back