Bilbo to RB? Ball starting QB?

There are a great many assumptions and inuendos(sp) on the board it's almost funny. I have seen several post that bear repeating(paraphrased), Ahso, if you are talking to the players you might be causing player problems (Zurick), thats true and maybe CCG should ban Zurick. Another poster don't remember who, we are a hamstring away from AJ this statement may or may not be true I'm sure CCG has a plan in his mind. So let not get all upset, lets support GT, DBo and CCG in CCG's action to make Tech better.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Gnome...You gotta be kidding.. You mean your going to start that: Blaming Chan....You dont have a team meeting to discuss a position change...Come On....

I believe anything now.....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BlackWatch - your rosy glasses are getting rosier everyday you post - it's time for you to grow up and understand the ENTIRE SITUATION in Mudville!
DBo wanted to transfer last year because he was so upset -his parents kept him at GT! AND YES, I DO KNOW THAT FOR A FACT, MORE THE A FACT!!!

The situation at GT is BIGGER THEN YOU, ME AND EVERYONE THAT POSTS HERE! If Reggie is the QB so be it and I hope he's REALLY GOOD and succeeds but this junk about believing Chan can run a program is getting OLD FAST!!!! Whatever the hand that's dealt - you grabbed it and are responsible for it -

Be an adult and STOP sending a message - through posters like you that it's everyone else's fault but the HC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you default in any job you had - when you made a mistake it was someone else's fault - I doubt it. This is getting SO OLD - everything happening at GT IS THE FAULT OF EVERYONE ELSE except Chan Gailey! Sorry, not so folks!

Chan has to earn respect, I have been saying that from day one. Anyone in any job does - he hasn't earned it from me and it looks like the kids on this team - who mean more to me then any coach here, are finding themselves in the same position, how sad is this! You should be more worried about the 18, 19 and 20 year olds then an adult who makes 900k a year!

And no - I'm not going away and you can start another thread to bash me all you want - it means nothing other then posters like you wanted stifle a differing opinion of what's going on - YOU LOSE BIG TIME ON THAT FRONT!
mad.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Gnome...You gotta be kidding.. You mean your going to start that: Blaming Chan....You dont have a team meeting to discuss a position change...Come On....

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BlackWatch - your rosy glasses are getting rosier everyday you post - it's time for you to grow up and understand the ENTIRE SITUATION in Mudville!
DBo wanted to transfer last year because he was so upset -his parents kept him at GT! AND YES, I DO KNOW THAT FOR A FACT, MORE THE A FACT!!!

The situation at GT is BIGGER THEN YOU, ME AND EVERYONE THAT POSTS HERE! If Reggie is the QB so be it and I hope he's REALLY GOOD and succeeds but this junk about believing Chan can run a program is getting OLD FAST!!!! Whatever the hand that's dealt - you grabbed it and are responsible for it -

Be an adult and STOP sending a message - through posters like you that it's everyone else's fault but the HC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you default in any job you had - when you made a mistake it was someone else's fault - I doubt it. This is getting SO OLD - everything happening at GT IS THE FAULT OF EVERYONE ELSE except Chan Gailey! Sorry, not so folks!

Chan has to earn respect, I have been saying that from day one. Anyone in any job does - he hasn't earned it from me and it looks like the kids on this team - who mean more to me then any coach here, are finding themselves in the same position, how sad is this! You should be more worried about the 18, 19 and 20 year olds then an adult who makes 900k a year!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We'll grow up and stop supporting our coach when you stop being a pathetic, bitter old woman. Your mantra is always the same. You know the true situation, we don't. You post the same post every time you post. Why don't you just copy and paste?

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We'll grow up and stop supporting our coach when you stop being a pathetic, bitter old woman. Your mantra is always the same. You know the true situation, we don't. You post the same post every time you post. Why don't you just copy and paste?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">old I'm not - and it seems as though if your mantra can be the same - SO CAN MINE! Fans like you are not better then me - you post the same everyday as well, except you differ - that's all folks!

I have never posted a lie here on what I know - just because you don't want to believe does not make me a liar - it's your problem that you can't see the forest through the trees, I feel sorry for the fans that see something that isn't there!

And I can honestly say, at least I DON'T START THREADS that BASH OTHER POSTERS - to discredit or demean - I have a lot more intelligence about who comes here and respect the fan in you then to diminish a personality because the differ with me! My CLASS in that respect stands about anyone here who has TRIED to condemn me for my opinion.

I choose not to kill someone here based on their opinion - I choose to only debate. The thread that was started against me and the comments thereafter were perilous, namecalling, threatening and downright personal.
mad.gif
You know what because of the game of football and that's all this is, it took adults to try to anialate me because of AN OPINION about football??

What does that say about how sad folks like you really are - about football and taking that road of destruction against another fan - it's very sad and it's disappointing from a GT fan!

I don't chose and NEVER WILL start a post to 'go after' another fan because we differ! It's a very sad day at GT when crap, and yes I do mean crap like this is started and exists amongst longstanding fans!!!!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">old I'm not - and it seems as though if your mantra can be the same - SO CAN MINE! Fans like you are not better then me - you post the same everyday as well, except you differ - that's all folks!

I have never posted a lie here on what I know - just because you don't want to believe does not make me a liar - it's your problem that you can't see the forest through the trees, I feel sorry for the fans that see something that isn't there!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My first post on this thread said nothing of Chan Gailey. I pointed out the positives of both players and how they could be used to compliment each other. You, and others, use any opportunity you can to be critical of the head coach. You are always critical. Probably the most negative person on the entire board. Berating the coach on what is probably the best decision for DBO is pure ignorance. Are we to let DBO languish on the bench for the rest of his career or should we find the position that best suits him?
In your position in HR, do you immediately fire an employee if they fail to fully grasp the particuliar workings of a piece of machinery or do you try to find the best place for that person to contribute to the success of the company? Maybe they can work a packing station effectively, maybe shipping, maybe receiving....Should we fire you for finding that balance?

In my world (I.E.), I try to effectively place employees where they are the most effective. This is what the man you despise has done.

Jacket - you chose to read my post the way you wanted to understand it.

I SAID if Reggie Ball is the guy - great and I HOPE HE SUCCEEDS! I was agreeing with Ghome about the way it was done and another blunder by Chan! And I feel for DBo because he wanted out last year and stuck it through. I read your post - but because I don't like the coach and readily admit it - posters like you choose to pick out bits and pieces of what I said. CAN WE CALLING THAT WRITING BITES!

The whole program is hurting and this is just another situation adding to the mix and how it was handled. I evaluated the 2002 season and thereafter because even if the season is over - the responsibilities of the HC position continues for 12 months and has MANY, MANY more responsibilites to it.

And no, I don't like what I seeing about the entire program - how many changes HAD to be made to satisfy the inadequacies of an NFL coach who didn't know what it took to be a Div. 1 coach and forget the on field product he produced. I have a lot more worry about the program then just what's on the field!

MsTech...THERE SHE GOES AGAIN (To quote the Great Ronald Reagan )..............

Originally posted by ncjacket:
rw1, why would you say that? Do you know something or just assuming the upperclassmen would want Bilbo. If he got beat out why would the players morale suffer? Especially if he's still on the field?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am referring to last year. I sit behind the bench and it was easy to notice the attitude of the rest of the team to the quarterback that was in the game. I don't want to get personal with my comments, but certain quarterbacks did not seem to inspire the players by being in the game and just don't have much leadership ability.

The other players were really enthusiastic when Bilbo got into the game. The QB that starts will need to inspire his teammates in a similar fashion.

Well heck, I know that Reggie Ball is an excellent talent and was well coached in highschool at Stephenson, I remember watching him on TV in the state playoffs last year. That said, I also saw enough of Damarius Bilbo last year to be very excited about his play this year. Now if the coaches have judged that Reggie is the quarterback to lead Tech than Reggie should be the quaterback. OK, my problem with this is who is doing the judging. In no way shape or form should AJ Suggs have been the starter past game four last year. But Gailey has the responsibility for last years decisions so it is hard for me to see how D.Bilbo, based on his judgement could have fallen off the depth chart after two practices in full pads, especially with Reggie only playing in one and then being protected from contact. Also lets be straight about one thing, D.Bilbo has NFL talent as a quarterback. If he has not been able to assume command of the position through practice so far then I commend the coaches of Stephenson High School and their ability to develop Reggie's talent and at the same time the coaches at Georgia Tech and I mean Gailey, O'Brein, Nix and Geis have obviously failed at developing a superior talent. Seriously doubt they could have developed Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Steve Young, or Mike Vick.

I love Damarius and hope he stays at Tech. Wouldn't mind seeing him play QB but comparing him to that group is a stretch. Chan, Nix & Geis don't seem to be standing in Reggie's way too much.

LOL!

Stateline, you picked four guys whose development basically depended on coaches staying away from them.

I have officially decided to stay out of football discussions with PeePad, The Gnucklehead of Zurich, MsYANK, and one or two others. Responding just encourages them, and I am tired of hearing about their navels.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
LOL!

Stateline, you picked four guys whose development basically depended on coaches staying away from them.

I have officially decided to stay out of football discussions with PeePad, The Gnucklehead of Zurich, MsYANK, and one or two others. Responding just encourages them, and I am tired of hearing about their navels.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not surprised to hear that, yellowbelly...

CAN WE CALLING THAT WRITING BITES!

I evaluated the 2002 season and thereafter because even if the season is over - the responsibilities of the HC position continues for 12 months and has MANY, MANY more responsibilites to it.

And no, I don't like what I seeing about the entire program - how many changes HAD to be made to satisfy the inadequacies of an NFL coach who didn't know what it took to be a Div. 1 coach and forget the on field product he produced. I have a lot more worry about the program then just what's on the field!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What does the first sentence mean? I can interpolate and extrapolate numbers, but not sentences. Being a coach on the NFL or college level is always a 12 month job. Are you now saying that Chan doesn't or didn't approach it that way? What's your proof?

Originally posted by gnats:
I love Damarius and hope he stays at Tech. Wouldn't mind seeing him play QB but comparing him to that group is a stretch. Chan, Nix & Geis don't seem to be standing in Reggie's way too much.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">On physical talent it is not. Also, behind every All-
American or All-Pro quarterback is excellent coaching. And Gailey, Nix, and Geis had best not mess with Reggis Ball!

CAN WE CALLING THAT WRITING BITES!

I evaluated the 2002 season and thereafter because even if the season is over - the responsibilities of the HC position continues for 12 months and has MANY, MANY more responsibilites to it.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What does the first sentence mean? I can interpolate and extrapolate numbers, but not sentences. Being a coach on the NFL or college level is always a 12 month job. Are you now saying that Chan doesn't or didn't approach it that way? What's your proof?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My God man - the whole state of this program is the proof - where have you been??????? Every time something has gone wrong since Chan stepped on this illustrious campus - we have an issue to deal with and it's not usually good!

Belly: I'm disappointed in you - you use to debate my feelings with your opinion and now it's personal with you too! Let's stop with the Yankee stuff because I will not get into tearing apart of another poster.

This north vs. south CRAP - is as OLD AS THE WAR ITSELF and brings NOTHING TO THE EQUATION and the state of the football program at Georgia Tech!!!!

What does the first sentence mean? I can interpolate and extrapolate numbers, but not sentences. Being a coach on the NFL or college level is always a 12 month job. Are you now saying that Chan doesn't or didn't approach it that way? What's your proof?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually in MSTA's defense, Chan did not approach this job as a full time commitment since when he was first hired he split time between here and Miami. I think he has now learned that lesson.

LOL!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your 'one or two others' statement has you in LA LA land - we're out here by the thousands - that's why Dave Braine wrote his illustrious letter in Feb! Not because of 10 folks but thousands of folks. Those rosie glasses never get taken off and it's surprising since you are such a good judge of politics!

LOL!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Most every player coming out of HS is developmental - it's about coaching up to this level. The few exceptions are just that! How many times to Pro players comment about their coaches in the college process and high school honing their skills and making them better. Since when did coming to GT make it different - since Chan took over.

LOL!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And another thing ...
I'm proud of my heritage just as I'm sure you are of yours. And I choose as I was taught by my wonderful family - never to throw anything about who you are and where your from IN ANYONE'S FACE!

Okay...I Am going to post regarding two points here:

1st-DBo OBVIOSLY showed Chan something in practice, to lead him to beleive that he was not at starting Quarterback calibur. Not to say that he wont be, but hes just not now. Therefore, Chan decide it would be in the best intrest of the team to try someone else, other then DBo, or AJ. and to put DBo someplace else(because he is such a raw talent) Will this come back to bite him in the butt? Maybe. But, Chan IS(as much as it seems like many of you would prefer otherwise) The Head Coach. an IMO, the one in charge, and seems to know whats best for the team. He obviously saw something last year and in paractice that didnt work out with AJ, and DBo. Everyone is questioning it now, but what if we go on to have a steller year...where will all of you that are questioning it now be? i think we should cut the guy some slack, he obviously sees something we don't see, and quite honestly, probably knows more about the game then MOST if not ALL of us.

2nd-I can't BEELEIVE the bickering that is going on back and forth here. I agree with MTA in the fact that the "Fellow poster bashing" posts are NOT nessicary! Guys, and Gals...We are all fans of the greatest college sports team in the state of ga.(with the exception of a few leghumpers that post here) I mean, if were gonna "Bash" anyone...how bout the leghumpers?? not each other!!

Just my 2 cents...needed to get that of my chest.

Cheers,

RW4L
drinking.gif

Back