Boise State v/s VPI

Like I said, Va Tech beating a WAC team gains no respect. We gain respect by knocking of national powers like Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Sorry I don't have your conference inferiority complex. The ACC did fine for itself this week. Next week will make or break the ACC's season.

ACC perception you jackass. God dammit our fans our ****ing morons sometimes.

How the hell do you not put the ball in 34's hand on the last drive? VT doesn't deserve to win any games in the acc

ACC hell, Miami and FSU and GT can make up for that next week. I am happy the VT trophy case still won't have a crystal football in it.

NO THEY CAN'T. Our beating Kansas next week means nothing. It is nothing to gain, everything to lose.

National ACC perception is:

VT - loss
UNC - loss

those were our big national games.

Guys.. the NCAA conspiracy to ensure two other undefeated teams is now on. Who will they choose?

People are going to be too busy talking about Ole Miss losing (and Tennessee getting 50 hung on em next weekend) to care that UNC lost to LSU by a narrow margin with bunch of suspensions and VPI lost to a top 5 team and a TD in the last two min.

Like I said, Va Tech beating a WAC team gains no respect. We gain respect by knocking of national powers like Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Sorry I don't have your conference inferiority complex. The ACC did fine for itself this week. Next week will make or break the ACC's season.

Stop posting... you're a ****ing idiot. It has nothing to do what our perception is of the ACC... it has to do with the media. And this doesn't help GT at all. It hurts GT. Do you understand that dumbass or do you still want to hammer home your idiocy?

How in the hell does the UNC loss hurt? They were missing half their team and almost beat LSU? And Va Tech didn't get embarrassed.

If Miami and F$U win next week, nobody will care what Va Tech and UNC's backup cheerleaders did.

NO THEY CAN'T. Our beating Kansas next week means nothing. It is nothing to gain, everything to lose.

National ACC perception is:

VT - loss
UNC - loss

those were our big national games.

How in the hell does the UNC loss hurt? They were missing half their team and almost beat LSU? And Va Tech didn't get embarrassed.

If Miami and F$U win next week, nobody will care what Va Tech and UNC's backup cheerleaders did.

National televised game, they lost. You can whine all you want about suspensions. Until the ACC wins several big games against big opponents the perception of weakness will continue to be there.

Lol, I like how one of us resorts to childish name calling while the other tries to pose valid points.

What are the odds that this game actually hurts GT in some fashion? In the BCS numbers it will somehow keep us out of the MNC game? So basically the odds we go undefeated and 2 of the teams above us don't? Which is what, about 1e-6 chance of happening? If Va Tech wins what are you going to do, go brag to your SEC and UGAg friends that a team in your league beat the all might WAC super house Broncos? The national perception of the ACC is that much different in the following two situations:

A: Va Tech loses last minute to Boise, FSU beats Ok and Mia beats OSU
B: Va Tech squeaks one out vs Boise, FSU beats OK, Mia beats OSU

The odds of it mattering are so small that I prefer to watch the chokies meltdown than tip my hat on them winning tonight.

Stop posting... you're a ****ing idiot. It has nothing to do what our perception is of the ACC... it has to do with the media. And this doesn't help GT at all. It hurts GT. Do you understand that dumbass or do you still want to hammer home your idiocy?

Beamer's loyalty to Stinespring may be the single biggest factor as to why Beamer will retire with no championship.

While ACC reputation may be slightly tarnished do to this game, the long-run effect will not be substantial. Ensuring the VPI trophy case is vacant is more than offsets this IMO. I've said it multiple times: conference affiliation to me is vastly overrated. With huge OOC games remaining, the conference will have ample time to showcase itself.

Finally someone who has some common sense. But be careful, your opinion doesn't mesh well with BarrelORum which means you will be called an idiot and retard and other similar names that must be censored.

Beamer's loyalty to Stinespring may be the single biggest factor as to why Beamer will retire with no championship.

While ACC reputation may be slightly tarnished do to this game, the long-run effect will not be substantial. Ensuring the VPI trophy case is vacant is more than offsets this IMO. I've said it multiple times: conference affiliation to me is vastly overrated. With huge OOC games remaining, the conference will have ample time to showcase itself.

Lol, I like how one of us resorts to childish name calling while the other tries to pose valid points.

What are the odds that this game actually hurts GT in some fashion? In the BCS numbers it will somehow keep us out of the MNC game? So basically the odds we go undefeated and 2 of the teams above us don't? Which is what, about 1e-6 chance of happening? If Va Tech wins what are you going to do, go brag to your SEC and UGAg friends that a team in your league beat the all might WAC super house Broncos? The national perception of the ACC is that much different in the following two situations:

A: Va Tech loses last minute to Boise, FSU beats Ok and Mia beats OSU
B: Va Tech squeaks one out vs Boise, FSU beats OK, Mia beats OSU

The odds of it mattering are so small that I prefer to watch the chokies meltdown than tip my hat on them winning tonight.

You don't have a valid point dumbass.
You're basing your entire argument on the results of two games that haven't happened yet! VT lost tonight, but that's somehow ok when Miami and FSU win? What if one of those teams or both lose?

The game tonight was huge in the VOTERS opinions of our conference. This was the biggest game of the season for Boise St. and the biggest game of the week in college football. There wasn't a Pollster that didn't see this game.

1.) Lets pretend for a minute that Boise State likely goes undefeated as that was easily their hardest matchup all year. What happens if GT goes undefeated? More than likely, we'll be behind these guys in the polls.

2.) Even if we don;t go undefeated, the chances of us being treated equally in the polls as an SEC or Big Ten team is greatly diminished when the best teams in our conference are losing their big OOC games.

There is no relevant argument you can make that VT's loss tonight helps GT. However, there are a ton of scenarios where it actually hurts GT.

Like I said.. we have fans who might be braniacs, but when it comes to understanding how college football works, they are some God Damn idiots. You may fit the bill.

What are the odds of number 1 happening? Boise going undefeated is pretty high, but GT going undefeated. And it also isn't that cut and dry, because it still applies that teams ahead of us now would have to NOT go undefeated. If two out of Bama/Florida and Texas/Oklahoma or Ohio State go undefeated then we still don't make it regardless of the outcome of tonights game.

And how bad did the ACC's perception hurt us last year? We were in the top 10 with 1 loss and still had an outside track at the MNC, but like I brought up earlier we needed other teams to lose which didn't happen.

And I am not saying that the games next week are gimmes. I am saying they are what actually matter for national perception. The game tonight was a drop in the bucket.

Regardless of what happens in those games, the Va Tech game doesn't matter. If FSU and Miami lose, the ACC isn't going to get credit for beating a WAC team, even if it was #3 Boise St. If one of Miami and FSU split, then maybe the Boise win helps some. And if they both win the Boise game makes little to no difference.

And when did I ever say it helped GT? But I can make a relevant argument now that you bring it up. If GT and Va Tech both go 10-1 from here out and both lose to Miami, GT now has a leg up on Va Tech to get an at large BCS bid. Also, with a Va Tech win if both GT and Va Tech meet in Blacksburg and GT squeaks it out, there is a chance that the voters will still have VT ahead of GT (it happens way more than it should), which again could come into play looking at an at large BCS berth.

You don't have a valid point dumbass.
You're basing your entire argument on the results of two games that haven't happened yet! VT lost tonight, but that's somehow ok when Miami and FSU win? What if one of those teams or both lose?

The game tonight was huge in the VOTERS opinions of our conference. This was the biggest game of the season for Boise St. and the biggest game of the week in college football. There wasn't a Pollster that didn't see this game.

1.) Lets pretend for a minute that Boise State likely goes undefeated as that was easily their hardest matchup all year. What happens if GT goes undefeated? More than likely, we'll be behind these guys in the polls.

2.) Even if we don;t go undefeated, the chances of us being treated equally in the polls as an SEC or Big Ten team is greatly diminished when the best teams in our conference are losing their big OOC games.

There is no relevant argument you can make that VT's loss tonight helps GT. However, there are a ton of scenarios where it actually hurts GT.

Like I said.. we have fans who might be braniacs, but when it comes to understanding how college football works, they are some God Damn idiots. You may fit the bill.

Again you are basing your entire argument on two games that haven't happened. Explain this genius. How is Boise State beating VT good for GT?

Your entire last paragraph is retarded. If we both go 10-1 from here on out and both lose to Miami, does that mean we both call a draw on our game? We still have to play one another genius. We get a leg up on VT by beating them.

But that win is reduced in stature to the voters because VT lost to Boise St.

Sorry, I meant we lose out the tiebreaker to Miami in the event of a 3 way tie. And the argument is still valid. If we tie Va Tech for 2nd in the Coastal behind Miami, whether or not we beat them won't necessarily matter when it comes time to pick BCS teams. In that case, a VT win over Boise gives them a huge advantage (possibly greater than us beating them) since Boise should be in the top 5. Head to head does not matter for an at large. However, an addional loss pretty much disqualifies them from any hope in the same scenario.

And also, what you are telling me if Va Tech wins it helps the ACC no matter what happens in the following weeks? And what I am saying is in comparison next weeks game are much bigger and more important, which is why I keep bringing them up. The rest of the season obviously matters too (Clemson SC, GT UGA, etc.)

We obviously aren't going to agree and we are pretty much arguing hypotheticals at this point anyways. 'If GT goes undefeated...' , 'If team X from the ACC wins their big OOC game', etc. We will just see how it plays out.

I don't believe VT's loss hurts us as badly as you, and enjoy watching Va Tech melt down. You think it is worse. I guess we will see, but we aren't going to convince each other one way or another.

However, just for future reference, it really isn't necessary to resort to blatant and immature name calling and it really hurts the validity of any argument you are trying to make

Again you are basing your entire argument on two games that haven't happened. Explain this genius. How is Boise State beating VT good for GT?

Your entire last paragraph is retarded. If we both go 10-1 from here on out and both lose to Miami, does that mean we both call a draw on our game? We still have to play one another genius. We get a leg up on VT by beating them.

349081000.jpg

Back