Calvin Johnson... mediocre pro.

I'll focus my hate on something we can all agree on....

Chan Gailey sucked it up again today.

I immediately dumped Lee Evans from my fantasy team after last week and also refused a CJ Spiller/Hakeem Nicks for Bradshaw/Colston trade, because I now have a strong "No Chan" rule for offensive players.

I immediately dumped Lee Evans from my fantasy team after last week and also refused a CJ Spiller/Hakeem Nicks for Bradshaw/Colston trade, because I now have a strong "No Chan" rule for offensive players.

In my 20 team league, I got stuck with the Bill's defense.

In my 20 team league, I got stuck with the Bill's defense.

We had a 10 team league for like 5 years and jumped to 12 this year. The talent drop off in the mid to late rounds is unbelievable. I can't even imagine what a 20 team league where you still draft a full D/ST unit would be like.

I did play in a 16 team league for a couple of years, but you drafted individual defensive players in that league.

We had a 10 team league for like 5 years and jumped to 12 this year. The talent drop off in the mid to late rounds is unbelievable. I can't even imagine what a 20 team league where you still draft a full D/ST unit would be like.

I did play in a 16 team league for a couple of years, but you drafted individual defensive players in that league.

I got some late round gems including Demaryious Thomas who I started today.

The guy I am playing had Bebe, but left him on the bench. Thank god or I would be up ****'s creek without a paddle right now.

Speaking of the Lions, my Jahvid Best pick is working alright so far. :biggthumpup:

Why do you think I watch Detroit games? I want to see Calvin doing well. From someone who is watching him play, he isn't living up to expectations. Even the announcers were calling him out. Sorry for pissing in your cereal with some of yalls love affair with Calvin. I'm just telling you for every great catch Calvin makes, there are 7 more lackluster efforts. Today he couldn't shed a DB to save his life for 3 quarters.

You do have a point here. That's why I watched Detroit games, and now I don't watch anything but highlights. Hmmm.

I still blame the crappy organization he is with, but due to the fact that I don't watch the games, I guess I could be wrong.

My lasting memory of Calvin:

[y]5a9vbXISRCw[/y]

My lasting memory of Bay Bay(unfortunately):

At the 4:51 mark
[y]1nDhGrYAx5g[/y]

**** that. My last memories of Bey Bey were those catches he made in the ACC Championship game.

Bay Bay had some really terrific catches, as highlighted by the video, but he never had the jaw-dropping legendary highlights Calvin produced. Like the above and this:

[y]wXRqyjzyBRg[/y]

At least for me, that drop against UGAy was one of the most gut-wrenching plays that I have experienced with Tech football, unfortunately.

Look at the QB situation. Can't do it by himself.

(PS - Thought you'd be familiar with this line of thinking)

This thread title sucks! how can the words "Calvin Johnson" and "Mediocre" cohabitate in the same sentence at any level. Somewhere baby Jesus is crying....

They made some great offseason moves and they have rocked the draft the last 2 years. All of their talent is young, but if you think I'm an idiot, then you don't pay attention to the NFL, much less the Detroit Lions.
No, I don't think you are an idiot. And no, I don't pay much attention to the Detroit Lions, though I do have some interest in the NFL. It's just that Detroit has been so unrelievedly, legendarily bad for so long that it just beggars my imagination to believe that they are suddenly going to right that sorry ship.

Believe it when I see it.

I dropped him from my roster. Everything I was reading Week 1 had him out for 8 games or so...

Maybe I can get him on waivers, and no one else has picked up on it...

Haven't seen this thread in a while

One of these is Calvin. One of these is Larry Fitzgerald now that he has a collection of **** throwing him the football.

20 catches, 237 yards, 3 TDs
19 catches, 208 yards, 2 TDs

Haven't seen this thread in a while

One of these is Calvin. One of these is Larry Fitzgerald now that he has a collection of **** throwing him the football.

20 catches, 237 yards, 3 TDs
19 catches, 208 yards, 2 TDs

Sean Hill and a hurt Stafford, and John Kitna are a thousand times better on any given play than Derek Anderson. Try again.

But Calvin did have a good day today!! With 2Tds and almost 90 yards receiving.

CJ had a great day today w/ 2 td's. He's not mediocre. If he were on any half decent team he'd have ridiculous numbers.

Back